Author Topic: Broken Saints. . . On Wii?! On DS?!  (Read 2039 times)

Offline WalkingTheCow

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Broken Saints. . . On Wii?! On DS?!
« on: August 09, 2006, 10:26:53 AM »
http://www.cubed3.com/news/5677
If you find this video terriblly uninteresting at first, just wait, there's some pretty telling footage.

That said, if this pans out to be true, it's not that this would be a game I personally would be likely to buy. However, this is certainly the type of game that people tend to whine about not appearing on Nintendo platforms. So for that reason I find this very noteworthy as it may be another indication of how differentlly developers are seeing Nintendo this time around.  

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Broken Saints. . . On Wii?! On DS?!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 10:45:15 AM »
Delete

Offline WalkingTheCow

• View Profile
RE: Broken Saints. . . On Wii?! On DS?!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 10:50:36 AM »
Heh. Like I said, not particularly great looking but, interesting nonetheless.  

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 11:01:56 AM »
Smells like Wii to me. He said some good things about Nintendo PRE-E3 so he'll more than likely be completely sold post-E3.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 12:50:32 PM »
Nothing in there screamed Wii to me.  DS yes.  But everything I saw could easily be done on anyone elses system.  Though I like to play it if it does come out on the Wii.  
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 02:37:57 PM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
Nothing in there screamed Wii to me.  DS yes.  But everything I saw could easily be done on anyone elses system.  Though I like to play it if it does come out on the Wii.  

Didn't you see the part where the hand seemed to be waving a knife around at a bunch of monsters?

It looked very rudimentary, yes, but that type of thing didn't look like it was being done with an analogue stick.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 06:36:23 PM »
Has anyone read the comic?  I found it about a year ago but decided not to check it out.  If it heads to the Wii or DS it will bring more of "hte mature" factor.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 06:49:33 AM »
It looked like the same knife waving I saw in Counter Strike back in 2001.  Nothing their really indicated to me that it wasn't done with a button.  I rewatch later today but I just don't see it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 09:00:04 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

Originally posted by: Ceric

Didn't you see the part where the hand seemed to be waving a knife around at a bunch of monsters?

It looked very rudimentary, yes, but that type of thing didn't look like it was being done with an analogue stick.
Yeah, you're right... it looked like it was being done with the press of a button.
That whole video looked like a visual representation of what they are trying to do, but not actual gameplay or real time graphics. And as for the reading the comic, I used to read it when it first started, but it got a little boring(maybe it was waiting for the new episode every week), but the creator did domment about making his comic into a game for a next-gen console, and if I remember right he also stated that he likes Nintendo and would like to make something for one of their consoles. THis all takes place loooong b4 Aries started up with "insider" info on the Revolution.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 12:43:13 AM »
Meh, I remember When Broken Saints was teased as a Gamecube Project back in the day, and that never saw light.
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res