Author Topic: New Play Control! Pikmin 2 Finally Coming Stateside  (Read 9643 times)

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: New Play Control! Pikmin 2 Finally Coming Stateside
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 10:36:24 PM »
Great for people who missed this game when it originally came out.  Pikmin 2 was a blast, one of my favorite Gamecube games.  The multiplayer was quite fun and the single player was great as well.  Never played the original on Gamecube so I got the New Play Control version and the controls are a good fit and the game was good, though not quite as good as 2 in my opinion.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 11:10:09 PM »
I somewhat enjoy that a game that many people wanted to be released is being released, and it generates so much negativity, since God forbid Europe gets it first... it really restores my faith in mankind's ability to be cynical and bitter no matter what.

Considering it came out in 2009 in Europe and Japan, yeah people are cynical. It is not your typical couple month release gap, heck not even a year gap, but almost 3, which is embarrassing (But hey better then no game at all). In addition, it has little to do with being cynical of the game, since I see several people (myself included) will likely pick it up, it is cynicism directed at NoA for a troubling trend lately when it comes to being stubborn about releasing several of their games here. The announcement literally came out of nowhere, I don't recall any major publisher taking 3 years to release a game in major territories.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:20:16 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 11:42:29 PM »
Atleast you guys are getting it. I'm still waiting for Excitebots. :(
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 12:05:07 AM »
I'll just be that guy who hopes for a Pikmin Trilogy release in 2014.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 03:37:56 AM »

That would be fun, something like the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Wouldn't shock me, Nintendo seems more willing to offer compilations then they did in the past. Hopefully if they do, they at least put the same amount of resources into it as they did with the Prime Trilogy
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 09:18:11 AM »
I somewhat enjoy that a game that many people wanted to be released is being released, and it generates so much negativity, since God forbid Europe gets it first... it really restores my faith in mankind's ability to be cynical and bitter no matter what.

To help restore your faith even further, let me go on:

Nintendo: "We aren't going to release this game. The first set of NPC titles didn't sell well."
Me: "Ok, after waiting for (literally) years in the hope that you would change your mind, and considering that the release schedule for the final year of Wii has been given with no mention of Pikmin 2, and knowing that Wii U will be on shelves in a couple of months so that Nintendo's focus will be squarely on promoting that system and the new 3DS, I'll go through extra effort and expense to legally find a way to play this game that I really wanted."
Nintendo: "Oh yeah, we'll release it now. Sorry about that confusion with the 'never gonna happen' stuff before, and for leaving all of you Wii gamers out to dry for a year with no releases even though there were a handful of already translated games we could have shipped, and for not setting expectations with our core gamers so that they know a reasonable time in advance that it's actually coming. That was our bad... but hope you all love me now for being awesome and giving you what you wanted!"

It's like when people thank NoA for finally releasing Xenoblade, even though they wouldn't have done so except GameStop approached them and cut a deal to take on publishing risks so that it could come out here.  Or The Last Story, where XSeed did the same thing.

They have every right to release or withhold games on whatever basis or timeline they want. As a consumer I have every right to be disappointed in the way that Nintendo (NoA in particular) has been handling their business over the past couple of years.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Taffypool

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 03:52:50 PM »

That would be fun, something like the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Wouldn't shock me, Nintendo seems more willing to offer compilations then they did in the past. Hopefully if they do, they at least put the same amount of resources into it as they did with the Prime Trilogy

That's really my hope for third parties games that are making their Nintendo debut on WiiU. For instance, I would like to play Assassin's Creed or the Arkham series, but I don't plan on buying an XBox or PS3. So if the third installment of those games are coming to the WiiU (which I plan to get), then I'm hoping the first two in each series gets ported over as a two-game compilation or (gasp!) a digital download. THEN I'd play/buy all of 'em.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2012, 04:16:58 AM »
That's cool for those who perhaps enjoyed the first Pikmin but have never played the second.

Personally, I actually prefer the first game. I felt like Pikmin had a certain tension that Pikmin 2 lacks. I also really dislike the randomised underground sections in the second game. I much prefer the above ground sections which are far more pretty and interesting.
Gouge away.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 12:23:27 PM »
I also really dislike the randomised underground sections in the second game. I much prefer the above ground sections which are far more pretty and interesting.

I didn't mind them too much, but I do vastly prefer the above ground sections.  The inability to breed Pikmin underground is what really hurts it for me as I get a lot of satisfaction in taking out a big enemy and harvesting his remains into new Pikmin.  For me both Pikmins got it slightly wrong.  My ideal Pikmin would just be above ground sections to collect treasure and take over the ecosystem without a time limit and without the underground sections.  My favourite part of the first Pikmin is the challenge mode where you try to breed as many Pikmin as you can in one day.  I'd love that but with the ability to slowly take over the area in as many days as I see fit.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »
Just picked this up for $20.  I never played it on Gamecube, and I love it so much!  Can't wait for Pikmin 3!