Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1169991 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #3500 on: August 06, 2018, 09:13:54 PM »
Ah ok, I missed that Terminator mention in there. LOL

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: August 06, 2018, 09:31:48 PM »
I can never pass up a chance to gush on Terminator. :p
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: August 06, 2018, 10:04:01 PM »

I don’t want to contribute to derailing BlackNMild’s Marvel thread twice in like 48 hours. UncleBob, I say, good day to you, sir. I concede.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: August 06, 2018, 10:25:04 PM »
Why talk about Marvel when we can chat about the best movie ever made?

If the Terminator had been there, he would have stopped Thanos.

Hm.  What happens to a group of Terminators during the snap?  Does half of them just have their fleshy bits turn to ash, leaving the endoskeletons behind?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: August 06, 2018, 10:28:30 PM »
Things happen and don't happen in the MCU not because of logic, but for dramatic tension.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: August 06, 2018, 10:56:12 PM »
You know, I only got around to watching the Terminator movies in late 2015 into 2016 and I have to say, I shouldn't have put it off for so long. It's one of those things were I'd seen references to it and clips of it all throughout other media and pop culture so I kind of felt there were no surprises or that it I already knew the story but I was wrong. Those movies (mainly the first two) really hold up well and I think they are the best work James Cameron has ever done. There's still some hokey elements too it (a liquid nitrogen semi turned over and spilled out its contents. When are we going to get those things off the roads? They're just a menace and totally convenient plot device) but it's easy to overlook them. They are also pretty solid films for making time travel work.

The first movie lays out the lore and idea in a well-made self-told tale. Two, however, works best by seeing the original, of course, because of how it then plays with a lot of the iconic moments subverting some of them. Because of that and how the actual story plays out, it just surpasses the original for me but they are both top tier films worth checking out.

Three is unable to really do much more to come up with something new in those set-ups. It tries to shake things up a bit with a female terminator but it's diminishing returns. I actually like the overall plot/idea of three and how it ends but the rising machines are rather ridiculous looking which, again, undercuts some of the drama and diminishes the entire film. Four isn't that bad. The problem is that it doesn't really seem to have anything to add to what has come before and it has a "twist" that is pretty much evident from the beginning so we have to wait for at least half the movie to go by before the characters catch up with what the audience knows. It picks up in the very end a bit with a raid on the machine HQ but it's not enough to really save the movie or make it memorable. If you want some more time in the Terminator universe, it will give you that without really doing anything to mess up or derail the franchise but it won't satisfy you much compared to the first two. Genesys. I know I watched it. I remember there was some time jumping early on including a moment with the T-1000 from early in T2 but I honestly can't remember much about that movie at all. It's the most forgettable of the films but I recall it seemed to reset or change the timelines from what the first 4 had basically established and I have a lingering feeling of it being rather ridiculous but I'd really have to watch it again for any concrete details and I just don't have any desire to do that at the moment.

I'm surprised Cameron wants to revisit the series again now that he has the rights for it once more but I'm also curious to what he might have in mind to add or continue from the first two that he did. I'm not sure if it will be a Ridley Scott return to the Alien universe that people are divided on or a Blade Runner 2049 situation that actually worked more than it should have but I'm cautiously optimistic it will be the latter especially since he's just writing off 3-5 rather than have to work around their additions to the series.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3506 on: August 07, 2018, 04:08:35 PM »
Why talk about Marvel when we can chat about the best movie ever made?

If the Terminator had been there, he would have stopped Thanos.

Hm.  What happens to a group of Terminators during the snap?  Does half of them just have their fleshy bits turn to ash, leaving the endoskeletons behind?

That makes me wonder if Nebula was spared because most of her is robot parts and not because of probability.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: August 07, 2018, 11:45:56 PM »
I thought it was any sentient life including those of robotic in nature, minerals, Gasbags, plant, energy beings, AI. His plan is really badly ill thought out.

Terminators would likely be included as it is capable choices of a meaningful nature in an open environment, capable to evolve it's thought process even if it has certain restrictions and it's mission is to kill. Arnold in T2 would be considered by most self aware by the end of the movie.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: August 08, 2018, 12:47:34 AM »
Is being self-aware the only requirement to define life with regards to the stones?

How much influence did Thanos have over who got turned to ash?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: August 08, 2018, 01:25:44 AM »
I was under the impression that Thanos didn’t have any influence which was by design. Random selection made it “fair.”

Thanos may have specifically spared Tony Stark per the deal he made with Dr. Strange to get the Time Stone, not sure if it extended past the whole stabbing part.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: August 08, 2018, 01:52:53 AM »
Something relevant to my interest here.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ike-perlmutter-has-been-secretly-advising-department-veteran-affairs-1133105?utm_source=twitter

Perlmutter shadow governing the VA for the last year an a half from Mar-a-lago....!?

I'm hoping something illegal has been committed in this act, and that Disney quickly and unequivocally severs all ties with him.

It's far past the time when the MCU should be united under 1 ruling figure, governed by a steady hand and an eye for quality.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: August 08, 2018, 09:57:20 AM »
Is being self-aware the only requirement to define life with regards to the stones?

Did you see any non-sentient trees disappear? Random plants and animals? You can't carry any original sin if you aren't sentient.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: August 08, 2018, 11:10:04 AM »
Kevin Feige is that guy...
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: August 08, 2018, 11:57:20 AM »
Avengers 4 *"SPOILERS"* - Spider-Man: Far From Home Casting News
*link address contains spoilers*

Not that we didn't know what will ultimately happen in A4, but re-assurance and the continued crossing over with particular pairing makes me happy :)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3514 on: August 08, 2018, 03:34:33 PM »
I think there's something implied with that casting, especially if a certain someone isn't confirmed, but we'll have to see. . .
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: August 08, 2018, 07:36:35 PM »
New reporting says Disney plans on using Gunn's script for Guardians 3, and they still may bring him back to direct.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: August 08, 2018, 10:28:52 PM »
New reporting says Disney plans on using Gunn's script for Guardians 3, and they still may bring him back to direct.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-demand-major-studio-movies-disney-firing-1133161
I just saw that. Seeing how in demand he is by other studio's, I feel the last thing Disney wants is DC/WB to snatch him up for some DCEU project and then make a movie that Marvel fans will actually look forward to while simultaneously shunning GotG3.

He did not wrong in the present, and already apologized for the "wrong" he did in the past.
and if you read the earlier link I provided, you get insight in to his humor on the subject.

There's a reason Disney has been taking a while to make this decision "final", they are likely looking for the most opportune time to walk it back, make amends and bury an apology in a crazy new cycle.
I really wouldn't doubt that Feige, RDJ & The Chris' are all at bat behind the scenes as well.

I say bring him back, finish GotG3, and then apologize with a Thunderbolts movie as he was already hoping for with the added bonus of Creative Director of the Marvel Cosmic.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: August 10, 2018, 12:19:19 AM »
I think I might need this.....
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/08/avengers-infinity-war-thanos-bathrobe/

I might never really wear it, but I might just need it anyway.

w/ the Slippers of course.

the watch and the ring are a bit much... maybe if the ring was actual gems and real gold, but I'll pass on the $20 costume jewelry.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: August 10, 2018, 12:28:32 AM »
Oh, and LORD FEIGE coming through the back gate riding that White Stallion.
https://deadline.com/2018/08/james-gunn-guardians-of-the-galaxy-marvel-studios-disney-eleventh-hour-save-attempt-1202443199/

One last attempt at rescuing Gunn from the swift unjust Guillotine.
There's a reason the first report from Variety said Disney was going to take their time with this decision, even if the second report tried to contradict that.
I knew Feige would have something to say, as he and Gunn grew really close and were planning out Marvel Cosmic together. AND..... Feige's contract is up next year, and we all know Disney wants to extend that contract and therefore keep the MCU running unhindered for as long as it's setting record breaking profits for an ongoing "series".

I have a good feeling Gunn will be back like nothing ever happened.... even if there is a Giant White Elephant in the corner the entire time.

I'm expecting that Disney retraction before next week is over. GotG3 is gonna happen on schedule as planned. No changes in cast or crew.

edit: Apparently Alan Horn is also retiring this year. So seems like a good time to hang this poor judgement retraction around his neck and let him ride off into the sunset with it. Honorable Exit.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:33:57 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: August 10, 2018, 01:02:55 AM »
Even ignoring how stupid it was to fire Gunn over decade old tweets, Disney set a bad precedent. Without a reversal, it gave power to people outside the company, who may not even care about Disney’s products. Is that worth potentially wrecking a franchise and alienating fans, crew, and actors of said franchise?

Bring him back, make him pen yet another apology, and more importantly, grow a fucking spine. Would it have been so hard to say, “We are investigating this matter and will address it with James Gunn privately.” Don’t get held hostage by an Internet mob. This was an easy PR win for Disney, and they fumbled it big time. Downplay what is already not a big deal because it isn’t like Gunn is Bill Cosby, and turn it into something positive. Praise Gunn as an artist, have him apologize again and maybe give some lectures to some organization related to groups he may have offended, and donate money to charity. Boom, no one would remember it a week later.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: August 10, 2018, 02:43:57 AM »
They shouldn't downplay it either. Gunn wrote it and that's that. Disney should have released a statement playing it straight:

"While the statements made as a private citizen were not up to our high standards, Gunn has grown over the past decade to embody the fight against the tragedies he once made jest of.

Disney is an apolitical organization and as such abhor such blatant external attempt to manipulate our processes for political gains.

An exhaustive investigation has been done to clear any doubt. No evidence any wrongdoing has been found. Gunn will remain in his position."

Disney might have had an element of the left hand not knowing what the right was doing The speed it happened points to panic to "Woke" that never materialised. **** Woke, With friends like that who needs enemies.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: August 10, 2018, 09:22:12 AM »
I meant downplay it as not treat it as a big deal because it isn’t a big deal. Firing a public figure and someone responsible for two of its biggest releases in the past several years gave more weight to some dumb tweets he made as a younger man than they ever deserved. Even if Gunn gets reinstated, this whole thing made more news than was ever necessary. Mike Cernovich and his alt-right followers laid the bait, and Disney fell for it immediately because its executives couldn’t step back for a minute and think this through. People would have moved on a lot faster had Disney released a short statement deeming the tweets inappropriate while supporting Gunn’s growth as a human being rather than a hasty and very public firing.

James Gunn was a private citizen even when hired by Disney. He still is because he hasn’t been elected to a public office. It would be more appropriate to say “While the statements made prior to his employment with Disney...”

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: August 10, 2018, 07:16:08 PM »
"Vote"

... Fant4stic and Catwoman.

Come on, 4chan, don't disappoint.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: August 14, 2018, 11:29:55 AM »
IF S2, coming soon
DD S3 got 1st 6 eps of screeners out, reviewing well
The Punisher S2 just wrapped filming
Runaways S2 dropping all 13 eps in Dec on Hulu
https://tvline.com/2018/08/13/marvels-runaways-season-2-premiere-date/