Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1170267 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I meant Feige could speak up, after the share holder vote, but before GotG3 gains any traction towards a replacement director.... Like in 2 weeks, and leverage this as a condition of him resigning an extension to his contract.
He's made Disney way too much money to not have a weighty voice on the matter.

Oh, and I think GotG3 wasn't supposed to shoot till early next year.

Edit: @Brandogg
I get it. It was explained a little more in a previous post what the "sides" were.
Context is the all important missing element here, so maybe once things settle, context can be applied (lol) , and corrections can be made (they won't).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 07:15:56 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Gunn already finished the script, so there is little risk of it being "too late" until near the end of the year when filming is in full swing. I don't normally get on these boats, but I'll sign the damn petition if I have to.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Oh no Marvel.....

They should've went with the Daredevil season 1 mask, but with eye holes.
Maybe Matt Murdock should've just given it to him too.

Iron Fist S2 Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu5FAWnFRI0

« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 05:29:39 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
That might just be something similar to Luke Cage season 1 when he had his classic regalia on and said he looked like a damn fool.

That might happen here too. Hopefully.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It's a little different in context, as he's not the only one wearing it, but hopefully his version of the suit looks better than the mask in that shot, which appears to be a flashback.

p.s. I edited the trailer into the post above yours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu5FAWnFRI0

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I didn’t think it was possible to design a costume worse than Diamondback yet here we are.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I don't remember if it was mentioned, but maybe this will drum up some interest in the show, as it's better than expected, and deserves more viewers than being on Freeform will initially provide it.

Marvel's Cloak & Dagger renewed for Season 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOofs3_g-Tw

Seriously, this show is a bit darker than expected, moves slower than I hoped, but it handles it all in a good balance of origins, coming to grips with personal loss and gaining of new powers, as well seeking vengeance, and figuring out how one is attached to the other and how they need to work together. It moving kinda slow allows them to build out and make you give a ****, but it doesn't do it in a dull way like LC S2. The usage of the powers so far has been pretty interesting, and I things have seriously ramped up in this past weeks episode (ep9), leading into the season finale.

FYI this show has made direct references to Luke Cage, as the detective as friends with Misty (I believe Misty also mentioned her in LC S2). I nelive ther have been some verbal references to the greater MCU (ie. the movies) and last week there was a Visual "cameo" of Stan Lee in the form of a painting. SDCC also alluded to a possible crossover with The Runaways, and we can only hope that's the beginning of a lot of crossovers for Marvel TV

I also just saw this... which likely has A LOT to do with season finale and possibly season 2, so don't click unless you already know C&D comics and/or caught up on the show.
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Brigid_O%27Reilly_(Earth-616)
*Potential Finale, but definite Season 2 Spoiler*
show writers more or less confirm it... (so don't read the wiki or hover the "spoiler" link, unless you want to be spoiled)

edit: and just know how fucked the last episode was leading up to the finale, the next episode looks like it's gonna get CRAZY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkDpR4K3_uk
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 09:04:25 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Infinity War is now out on Digital.  For some reason though on the Australian stores there is no 4k copy available.  This is really annoying.  I just rigged up a 4k system for this very movie lol.

I'll end up getting the 4k disc copy when that releases but still..... :(

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Oh yeah!!

edit:
And looks like Doctor Strange 2: Nightmare Edition starts filming or something in September.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl4o17el4z8/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1p25ncg6alsls
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:36:00 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
 Variety reporting that Disney may be considering rehiring James Gunn.
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/guardians-of-the-galaxy-cast-james-gunn-support-1202889736/

I feel if that's the case,  the only push the decision needs is  words of support from Feige to make it happen.

I think Gunn might be a little resentful at first,  until he remembers it was Disney that let him go for understandable, but short sighted foolish knee-jerk reaction reasons... But it was Marvel and all its fans (which include the actors, producers, and directors themselves) that got him rehired.

I can even see this being spun as a marketing gimmick to push GotG3 over that $1B mark down the line.
"Fans unite to get Gunn back, now come see the culmination of his works, as the first Marvel Director to complete a trilogy, and the movie to set up the future of Marvel Cosmic!!"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:53:53 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
I still say quasi-MCU related...new Venom trailer posted in the Movies and TV Show thread. Looks great.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Apparently talks are going on behind the scenes....

Will nothing derail the Marvel HYPE Train!?
Will James Gunn be the first director to complete an MCU Trilogy?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
There's no way they didn't know about James Gunn's old tweets.  The accusation isn't even that the tweets are wildly inappropriate, but that the man is a sexual predator.  The tweets (and a pic of him with a frozen pizza) were supposed to be evidence of this.  It should have been shrugged off as a conspiracy theorist beeing a loon, like it is.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #3438 on: August 01, 2018, 01:33:48 AM »
Because Alan Horn jumped the Gunn by using his Power to create Space, Marvel will have use this Time, to check Reality and appeal to Disney's Soul to right these wrongs so everyone will stop losing their damn Mind.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: August 02, 2018, 12:26:54 PM »
Be thankful Marvel is in charge of creative and production...

and this is great. LOL
https://twitter.com/Lesdoggg/status/1024940147522105346
post and first reply.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 12:32:00 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3440 on: August 02, 2018, 04:18:27 PM »
Lol, that's great.

I saw an article (maybe I'll find the link later) that said Disney was unlikely to bring back Gunn despite support.  They said Disney was unaware of the tweets and confirms it looks bad with their family friendly image.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: August 02, 2018, 09:34:30 PM »
I saw that link too, but decided not to post it...

I also saw a post that went into James Gunn's past, and how that translates into GotG...
I didn't read it, but basically, his jokes had a lot to do with his childhood, and his childhood had a lot to do with the characters in GotG.

I chose not to post that as well.... until now.

edit: Variety Artice about Disney not giving a ****
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/james-gunn-disney-wont-rehire-guardians-of-the-galaxy-1202892424/

History of Gunn...
https://medium.com/@joninarebekka/the-truth-about-james-gunn-and-the-pedophile-in-his-childhood-f7ba23855a82

Esquire Article about Disney really just not giving a ****
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a22623816/disney-will-not-rehire-james-gunn/?src=socialflowTW&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=socialflowTWESQ
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 12:40:58 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: August 03, 2018, 12:11:26 AM »
Regarding that Variety article:
The feeling within both Disney and Marvel is that the dozens of so-called jokes that Gunn made about pedophilia and rape are unacceptable in the #MeToo era and are not in line with Disney’s family-friendly image.
Again, Johnny Depp literally punched his now ex-wife in the face. Trying to frame Gunn’s firing as unacceptable in the current climate doesn’t really hold water when the same company continues to employ a domestic abuser.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: August 03, 2018, 12:16:18 AM »
Regarding that Variety article:
The feeling within both Disney and Marvel is that the dozens of so-called jokes that Gunn made about pedophilia and rape are unacceptable in the #MeToo era and are not in line with Disney’s family-friendly image.
Again, Johnny Depp literally punched his now ex-wife in the face. Trying to frame Gunn’s firing as unacceptable in the current climate doesn’t really hold water when the same company continues to employ a domestic abuser.
Not to mention that the "jokes" weren't even made in the "#metoo" era, as they were made around 8-10 years ago.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: August 03, 2018, 06:06:17 PM »
Sacrifice - and MCU Fan piece
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRff3CbaJDM

shouldn't need to be said, but **SPOILERS**

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: August 03, 2018, 08:48:03 PM »
Just watched Infinity Wars. Is.... Star Lord super brain damaged?

Thanos is an awful villain. Please relate to a mass murder who is doing it out of mercy because his planet was stupid somehow? It's like they tried to make a family friendly genocide without thinking how absurd that looks. You have a glove that breaks entropy and you kill half of all sentient beings as a solution to heat death? I heard about the comic book reason and I like that better I guess?

The fight at Wakanda was very, very prequel. Seriously with the spears?

Doctor Strange is cool though. Also lol benching Scarlet Witch because she would have murked everyone.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: August 03, 2018, 09:32:07 PM »
I mean, I disagree, but I’m more interested in hearing other people discuss this.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: August 03, 2018, 09:42:09 PM »
Yes, Starlord is a moron.

Thanos was awesome IMO. He knew loss, and made sure everyone else would know loss as well, in the name of saving us all.... I guess. I don't know. He could have just remade Titan to it's former glory, and then doubled all resources in the universe, but he was stuck in his way and on his life-long mission that he had to see through to completion. You know how people are once they get stuck on stupid. There is no reasoning with them once they've made their mind up that they are right.

As far as Wakanda... did you expect laser guns and light sabers?
They already made fun of "guns" in BP as being primitive, so they fight with real weapons, like real warriors, with real skill.

Doctor Strange should've done more sooner. Sling ring that gloved hand off for starters. They literally showed it happen to one of The Black Order in the park. The Power Buff display was pretty damn awesome though.
I also don't see why Strange couldn't pause time, let Starlord get his stupid punch in on Thanos, and then rewind the moment so that SL doesn't **** up the plan. Unless letting Thanos do his thing really is proven as the only way to stop him from trying to complete the goal later on, only now killing someone who was important in the goal of getting Thanos to see the err in his way?.

Scarlet Witch... too caught up in her feelings to do what she should have done long before Thanos showed up. She was like "Visi, do you love me!!? [I'm not typing the rest... you know the damn song]
She should've destroyed that gem from the getgo, it was too important for the fate of the entire universe. I understand why she didn't, but if she did, the snap never woulda worked and she'd still be alive. And yes, she probably coulda fucked Thanos up if he didn't already have 4 gems before he showed up.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 09:47:18 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: August 03, 2018, 10:56:24 PM »
They try really hard to give Thanos ethos but it doesn't check out. They have him shed a tear to show love despite nothing loving them back nor seemed any deeper than having a pet which somehow gets him a stone. Throwing Red Skull over the cliff would probably work just as well. In one moment he will honour an agreement and not in the next. I don't know why his planet depopulated despite being a space faring civilisation.

How does going from planet to planet solve the resource problem when it is fundamentally a question of entropy in the very long term and social inequality from his "Paradise" angle.

He is suppose to be a hero of his own story thing going having to make the hard choices blah, blah but when you have universe rewriting power those "hard" choices isn't a thing. Oh look how much a person he is sitting on the porch! The character really doesn't work. Thanos has a very Death of Superman doomsday feel where he exists just to **** everything up.

Pretty much family friend genocide as a solution to??! From what I heard from the comic books is he kills half the universe because he has the hots for Death and he does the ultimate printer carrying for her with the same punchline. It's constantly tip toeing poorly around for that rating.

Wakanda was very Star Wars prequel fighting. I had the same problem with BP. You have weapons that will tear apart tanks and you mount them on spears like Jaffa and we don't ever see the effect of these spear blast. Then you have infantry set up like Roman Legions all in one position in a open field that could be flanked and was at will. You have them charge to fight individually instead of maintaining a shield wall with legion tactics of turning your facings into meat grinders.

The whole thing is pretty stupid, not Star Wars stupid though and it does have characters you generally like. It's so all over the place with the whole being far less than the sum of it's parts. Individual scenes are cool, but yeah, it doesn't come together.

Compare it to how solid and tight Deadpool 2 is(A far superior movie) on every level.

Yes, Starlord is a moron.

Scarlet Witch... too caught up in her feelings to do what she should have done long before Thanos showed up. She was like "Visi, do you love me!!? [I'm not typing the rest... you know the damn song]
She should've destroyed that gem from the getgo, it was too important for the fate of the entire universe. I understand why she didn't, but if she did, the snap never woulda worked and she'd still be alive. And yes, she probably coulda fucked Thanos up if he didn't already have 4 gems before he showed up.

It was a bit embarrassing especially given how absurdly extreme the example of no trading lives gets invalidated.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: August 03, 2018, 11:51:11 PM »
Avengers 4: The Righting of Wrongs

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust

Really though, Thanos hand selected and raised his "children". Gave them the tough love approach and figured they would live to seek his approval, even when they were mad at him for the moment, they would deep down love him unconditionally. He apparently misjudged how much he hurt Gamora and how much she resented him, as he figured his bond to her was strong enough to overcome whatever temporary emotional setback she was having. She was his favorite, so instead of continuing to restrict her and build further resentment, he would let her believe she was free, but really he was just allowing her a very very long leash. Ultimately, his goal meant more to him than his love for any 1 individual, regardless of who it was, so when he ultimately had to give up something that he loved to obtain the 1 thing that he wanted, Gamora was really his only choice.

And I get that you already understand what they were going for, you just don't buy it. and that's fine. I was feeling it. I still haven't rewatched the movie since the 1st theater opening night, but I remember how it would really attempt to play those emotional chords, that only really got me at the very end (FURY!!!!! NOOOooooOOOooOOO!!! Not Fury, man.... ;_;)

What I just read recently though, was that Hulk was misinterpreted by pretty much EVERYONE that watched the movie. Hulk got his ASS BEAT by Thanos with little effort, and was never seen again for the rest of the movie. Not even when Thanos wasn't present.
Now we all thought it was because Hulk just got a dose of "be humble, bitch, sit down". And he was so damn shook, that it didn't matter who was around, Hulk was not coming out to play. Thanos knocked the Angry out of him.... but according to the Russo's, that's not it at all.

Apparently after Ragnarok, and taking control for so long, only to get shoved in the back seat to Banner again, to be forced to come out again when it was time to fight, Hulk felt used and disrespected, like Banner only called on him when it was time to fight, like that's all he was good for. Punching ****. Lifting ****, throwing ****. He was tired of only being called upon when **** had hit the fan, and then when the **** is over, shoved back in the back seat all lonely and now one to talk to.
So speculation for the 3 movie Hulk Arc from Ragnarok -> A3 -> A4 is that Hulk and Banner will find a way to Co-Exist at the same time. Basically Professor Hulk, a smart talkative, funny yet fierce and even more dangerous Hulk

But back to Infinity War.... All I can say is they probably aren't really well versed in actual battleground confrontation, considering the world just found out about their nation, and until then, the only fighting they've done was against each other, and I'm sure it hasn't been a real all-out actual deadly war for 100's if not 1000's of years. Outside of tech development for war games and espionage reasons, I doubt they developed much in the way of open field warfare on their own territory.

But we may both just be over analyzing this movie.