Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1170113 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #3200 on: March 24, 2018, 01:39:11 PM »
They really need a LIFE SIZED wall poster or 3D cardboard standee though.
people will want pictures with their heroes and villains

edit: and 2 new TV Spots (w/ full trailer attached) showing small amount of new footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Kc2muA-Cg

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:46:10 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3201 on: March 24, 2018, 06:17:57 PM »
They couldn't fit Hawkguy on the display?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: March 24, 2018, 09:26:52 PM »
Watched the supercut thing. Pretty good, the audio is way too low though.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: March 24, 2018, 10:19:45 PM »
Doing BnM's job for him...Black Panther is officially the highest grossing MCU film in the US (and as a result, highest grossing superhero film) with $631 million. It's now behind only The Avengers and Avengers Age of Ultron, globally.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: March 24, 2018, 11:45:16 PM »
dang

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: March 25, 2018, 09:17:42 AM »
Doing BnM's job for him...Black Panther is officially the highest grossing MCU film in the US (and as a result, highest grossing superhero film) with $631 million. It's now behind only The Avengers and Avengers Age of Ultron, globally.

I was actually waiting for this weekend's official numbers so that we could just cap off Avengers coming 2nd to BP in Domestic totals. I didn't want to keep updating every single time, but I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one actively paying attention and very interested in BP's B.O. run.

Jurassic World and Titanic are next.... I wonder if BP can manage another $30M domestic (seems pretty much guaranteed before the next 2 weekends are up.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 09:20:58 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: March 25, 2018, 11:23:50 AM »
It's still showing in a ton of theaters, so I'd say it's pretty likely. I wouldn't be surprised if it moves back to number one next weekend (Pacific Rim pretty much bombed).

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: March 25, 2018, 02:18:12 PM »
Black Panther was great. The world needs more Michael B. Jordan in the MCU. I really hope they bring him back which would cheapen the impact of his death but enrich all of our lives.
I've been reconsidering this. Black Panther was... fine. I would liken it to the original Iron Man. Overall, it has one really amazing thing going for it, but overall, it's good, not great. The first half of Iron Man is excellent. Ignoring the fact that Tony probably should have just created some kind of radio transponder instead of a weaponized power suit, the scenes in the cave are among my favorites in the entire MCU. Jeff Bridges carries the second half, just not enough to hold the candle to the first half. In Black Panther, just about everything Killmonger did was awesome. I give Iron Man a little more leeway because it kicked off the entire shared universe. Black Panther had nearly a decade's worth of said shared universe to learn from to be better, and it just wasn't.

Like Wonder Woman, it's important to acknowledge Black Panther's cultural significance. Ignoring Meteor Man, Spawn was the first black superhero movie (though Michael Jai White spends most of it in bad burn makeup after Simmons returns from actual hell). Blade was the first decent black superhero movie. There's like 20 years of nothing (yeah, yeah, Blade's bad sequels) then Black Panther. Inclusion is important.

Michael B. Jordan's performance and overall screen presence aside, Black Panther is as by-the-numbers as comic book movies can be. The plot is the tried and true Marvel Formula which has been showing its age for a couples years now, and is hard to defend in 2018. As part of a shared universe, I suppose the verdict is out on whether it changes the MCU in a meaningful way like how Captain America: The Winter Solider basically said, "Well, **** SHIELD! Hail Hydra!" The action scenes didn't bring anything particularly new to the table either. The last time I felt this way about a Marvel movie was Dr. Strange... until the last 20 minutes.

In Black Panther, Ryan Coogler wasted the rematch on a bad CGI fight. Come on, man. It's even more of a letdown because T'Challa and Killmonger's first fight is excellent. The only thing that strikes me as truly unique about the movie is that Killmonger is kind of right. That's part of the reason he's among the bvest rogues in the MCU. Killmonger is undoubtedly the main antagonist, but T'Challa and Wakanda in general are the villains if that makes sense. I wish that was explored more. That plot thread just resolves itself in about half an hour of screen time.

I don't mean to **** all over the movie. The performances range from good to amazing. The art direction is so good. Wakanda is undeniably cool. Black Panther isn't remotely close to being objectively bad; it just isn't great especially next to so many great movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The comparison may be unfair depending on how you look at it.

Ultimately, I'm excited for Avengers: Infinity War. I'll watch Ant-Man and The Wasp though I'm not hyped yet. Captain Marvel is still the Phase 3 movie I'm looking forward to most (she's supposedly Marvel's Superman so I'm in). However, Black Panther raises some red flags for the future of the MCU. Marvel kept raising the bar that when it doesn't continue the trend, I'm actually disappointed.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 02:22:08 PM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: March 25, 2018, 02:36:17 PM »
Here is a clip from IW (Thor meets Guardians scene)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62vLtjw4IB8

No Spoilers, just a slightly extended clip from a scene we've all seen already.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Son of Coul Returns to the MCU!!!
« Reply #3209 on: March 26, 2018, 02:09:35 PM »
SON OF COUL RETURNS TO THE MCU!!!!

in Captain Marvel.
https://news.marvel.com/movies/86686/production-underway-on-marvel-studios-captain-marvel/

I hope he didn't forget to leverage this obvious power of his to get some AoS cameo love in Avengers 4 for his co-stars as well.

Ronan and "Who!?" are also in this as well (from GotG)

p.s. Capt. Marvel takes place in the 1990's and also features a younger Nick Fury before the eye patch.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:32:47 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3210 on: March 26, 2018, 03:38:21 PM »
New IW Posters

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: March 26, 2018, 08:13:34 PM »
Nevermind, I was thinking of the dude who played Malekeith.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: March 26, 2018, 11:34:52 PM »
1. I like how none of those posters acknowledges Hawkeye.

2. I’m really excited that Ronan the Accuser gets another shot (or chronologically, first shot) in the Captain Marvel. Lee Pace is a good actor (great in both Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies), and Ronan the Accuser was criminally underused and underdeveloped in an otherwise great movie.

3. While I’d love to see the Netflix characters show up in Infinity War, I’d be happy with a quick Jessica Jones cameo. **** starts going down in New York, and she just finishes her drink and sighs before running outside whatever bar she was in at whatever inappropriate time of day one would be drinking. Acknowledge that they’re fighting bad guys even if they’re not essential to the plot.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: March 27, 2018, 02:06:07 AM »
1. I like how none of those posters acknowledges Hawkeye.

2. I’m really excited that Ronan the Accuser gets another shot (or chronologically, first shot) in the Captain Marvel. Lee Pace is a good actor (great in both Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies), and Ronan the Accuser was criminally underused and underdeveloped in an otherwise great movie.

3. While I’d love to see the Netflix characters show up in Infinity War, I’d be happy with a quick Jessica Jones cameo. **** starts going down in New York, and she just finishes her drink and sighs before running outside whatever bar she was in at whatever inappropriate time of day one would be drinking. Acknowledge that they’re fighting bad guys even if they’re not essential to the plot.

1: Yet the RUssos have assured us he's in the movie as Ronin? from what I hear.

2: I really hope they show his true might... make him look even more wasted in GotG
Korath may actually have a real part in this as well. Some Coulson and Fury backstory will be nice too. I wonder if any other Agents will get a cameo... like Agent May (They bringing Coulson back, they can put just a tiny bit of meat on the bone they are throwing us. LOL)

3: Would be so nice to even have a quick flyby shot. 10-15 seconds total film time... I guarantee the Netflix cats will make it fit in their schedules, especially since we know this also takes place in NY.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: March 27, 2018, 06:24:03 PM »
I mean there are pics of him as that guy on the internet. I don't know for sure that they'll use that name though, since there's a certain villain with a one-letter difference.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: March 27, 2018, 07:27:45 PM »
I mean, those pics could have been from A4 and not IW.... But I did post the interview were the Russo's said he was in (I think) IW.

They even retweeted the all Hawkeye IW poster the other day, which was pretty funny considering he is omitted from all marketing so far.

And another tv spot. Some more news footage I believe
https://youtu.be/FxWazAgW-VI
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:34:05 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: March 28, 2018, 04:20:20 PM »

Deadpool: Infinity War?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: March 28, 2018, 05:49:07 PM »
I’m disappointed. Not everyone was Deadpool. There should have been more Deadpool.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: March 28, 2018, 09:22:03 PM »
The Russos are memeing at a level of which no one has memed before.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: March 28, 2018, 09:23:39 PM »
Deadpool IW trailer is dumb.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: March 28, 2018, 09:39:30 PM »
I can't see it.. may quote to view later, but in the meantime

A New Infinity War TV Spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSZq3l-Fmbo

new scenes and dialogue. nothing spoilery though.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: March 31, 2018, 09:41:25 AM »
So....Agents of Shield. 

Is #itsallconnected making a comeback???  Could we have AoS also diving into its own story in the Infinity War story?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: March 31, 2018, 12:24:40 PM »
So....Agents of Shield. 

Is #itsallconnected making a comeback???  Could we have AoS also diving into its own story in the Infinity War story?

I don't know, it seems like they are going for something parallel. The Alien War... it seems more like something setting up for Captain Marvel if that wasn't taking place in the 90's. Kree vs Skrulls or something. Secret Invasion storyline for next season?

It would be awesome if they included the Defenders in facing some sort of threat in the final 2-3 episodes though...
Coulson conversing with DD, May and Daisy w/ Jessica Jones, Mack and Luke, FitzSimmons studying IF's fist, maybe even helping him figure out how to activate the other one as well.

It would also be interesting to see if Ruby's Vibranium Chakram can pierce Luke Cage's skin.

But I gotta say I love this show. I'm so glad the "ratings professionals" think that AoS has a decent chance at renewal due to DVR, International viewers and MCU platform pushing in general.

Coulson seeing right through all of Hale's BS especially the lunch room Ruby routine.
Daisy being the audience's reaction with the "Hale.... Hale Hydra... :eye roll: seriously?" remark. LOL
and Talbot with all the One-Liners and insults. lol

But seeing how it's Hale that causes the imminent future, and it was Daisy that was the Destroyer of Worlds, we now know how she got powerful enough to crack the planet in half. I'm pretty sure Fitz has determined that there is no way to re-install that inhibitor onto Daisy now that the rift has been sealed, seeing as it had tentacles 2-3 feet long.

I'm also getting death flags.... Yoyo thinking she can't be touched since she's seen herself in the future, and now Simmons thinking her and Fitz will last long into the future because Deke exist.... Did they forget that they are trying to break the loop!? Something has to change, and Coulson dying doesn't mean that's the only thing that can and will change to break the looped cycle.

anyway. I gotta find the preview for next week now.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 12:52:46 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: March 31, 2018, 04:53:21 PM »
Since there are doubts as to this show's renewal (goodness knows why) I think it would be one hell of a finale if it was Thanos' ship that was shown.  Somehow weave the movie and AoS in to the same story but operating differently.  It'd probably be the closest thing we could get to having the TV teams showing up in Infinity War or the sequel itself since apparently that's nigh on impossible for some silly reason.

All that being said, even if ABC did axe the show after season five I'd very much hope that they would continue it on Disney's streaming service.  Cut all the ties and shackles and just let them do what they want.