Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1170150 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1275 on: October 15, 2014, 01:19:49 AM »
Who is going to play DOCTOR STRANGE now that Joaquin is out?

Here is Marvel's Short List:
Jake Gyllenhaal, Oscar Isaac, Jared Leto, Ethan Hawke, and Matthew McConaughey
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=109286#yGRLY2mEBrsD4P0d.99

apparently Keanu has expressed some interest, but has actively seeked out the role yet.
Ethan Hawke has publically stated he would love to play the role
Jared Leto hasn't done anything notable ..... by my record... since maybe Requiem (? I had to look him up)
I have no idea who Oscar is....
and Matthew McConaughey, that would surprise me.
Jake Gyllenhal... never even crossed my mind. Still not seeing it either.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 17, 2014, 02:26:03 PM »
OG "Pym"p'n & Superhero's Homeboy on set of Ant-Man

New on set pics featuring Douglas and T.I.

'

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 17, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »
Question about Avengers (in hindsight)

the nuke that was fired during the Battle of New York, was that shot from a Hydra sleeper agent? Or do we not think MCU was thinking that far ahead?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 17, 2014, 09:30:18 PM »
It was ordered by the council wasn't it?

I suppose it could have been a "Hydra" order.
Would have taken out a lot of potential targets in one feel swoop, and would have been considered acceptable loss due to alien invasion.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 17, 2014, 11:03:17 PM »
The council decided to cut thier losses and attempt to destroy the portal.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: October 18, 2014, 10:36:55 PM »
Adam McKay speaks on co-rewriting Ant-Man w/ Paul Rudd:
adding more action, expanding the scope and dialing up the funny
http://collider.com/ant-man-script-changes-adam-mckay-paul-rudd/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 19, 2014, 02:15:05 PM »
Another Guardians Update: Hey Cap, I am GROOT!!!

Domestic / WorldWide Comparison
[#. Movie: (Domestic Gross / WW Gross)]
GotG: ($327,836,000 / $732,636,000*)
ASM: ($262,030,663 / $757,930,663)
DoFP: ($233,855,197 / $745,979,363)
Cap 2: ($259,746,958 / $714,063,958)
ASM2: ($202,853,933 / $708,689,160)
MoS: ($291,045,518 / $668,045,518)
Thor 2: ($206,362,140 / $644,783,140)
Ironman 1: ($318,412,101 / $585,174,222)
Ironman 2: ($312,433,331 / $623,933,331)

DoFP and ASM could both be history by next weekend... might have to expand the list.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 20, 2014, 03:28:44 PM »
RDJ doesn't deny rumors of being in Cap 3 and Civil War
https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/robert-downey-jr-says-captain-america-3-is-gonna-100492136826.html
says Cap 3 "will be HUGE"

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 20, 2014, 07:38:54 PM »
Pretty sure the contract is signed and Phase III on earth will be about the fractured hero base and seeing the rise of new ones after the Orginal Avengers part ways. The audio for the San Deigo comic-con trailer had hank pym not being the biggest fan of the avengers. This makes me wonder where Daredevil takes place in relation to Ultron.

For phase III I see

July 17, 2015- Ant-man
May 6, 2016- Captain America 3 Civil War/Fallen Son
July 5, 2016- Doctor Strange
November 11, 2016 - The Sinister Six
May 5, 2017 - Captain Marvel
July 26, 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2
November 3, 2017 - Thor Ragnarock
May 4, 2018 - Avengers 3
July 6, 2018 - Black Panther
November 2, 2018- Inhumans
May 3, 2019 - The Infinty Guanlet

My thinking is that at next year's comic-con one of the major annoucments will be that Spider-man is joining the MCU and the sinister six is being retooled to be the first MCU film.  The Major plot points can still work in the MCU with Oscorp's tech weaponizing being just being one of the many competitors like Hammer and Killian. Sony needs this far more than Marvel (but it doesn't help to have their most popular hero in the MCU). Plus it gives Marvel a third movie for 2017.

It makes a intresting slate compared to the DC one of

March 25, 2016 -Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice
August 5, 2016- Suicide Squad 
June 23, 2017- Wonder Woman
November 17, 2017 - Justice league
March 23, 2018- The Flash
July 27, 2018- Aquaman
April 5, 2019 - Shazam
June 14, 2019 - Justice League 2
Apirl 3,  2020 - Cyborg
June 19,2020 - Green Lantern

Wouldn't be surprised if Justice League Dark is a third 2020 film since that's about the time Del toro would be free.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1284 on: October 20, 2014, 07:48:22 PM »
I would love for Sony and Disney to work together.  Sony gets the profits of the movies, but gets the promotion of having Marvel characters interact with Sony. 

Marvel can let Sony use some of their characters in the Sony movies as long as they don't mess with the character arc in the Marvel Comic Universe.  Sony doesn't have exclusive rights to Spiderman movies, but Spiderman and villains can be in Marvel's universe.  In return Marvel and Disney will let Sony use some other characters. 

In fact Marvel could give Sony the first film with this deal and let Sony have Hawkeye, or Dare Devil how up in the next Spiderman movie.  Imagine the buzz that would create for Sony. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 20, 2014, 08:15:10 PM »
*IF* such a deal were to go down;
I could see Sony agreeing to allow Spider-man in the MCU for a small % of profit share (5%?) for all movie appearances.
in exchange, Sony agrees to soft-reboot Spider-man (new series called Spectacular Spider-Man), Marvel gets final script and casting/director approval and a moderate % of profits (15-20%).
*larger % to Marvel if they are contracted to do heavy script rewrites and/or storyboarding for continuity purposes*

Sony will have to negotiate w/ MCU actors for all cameos separately outside of their Marvel Contracts. and whoever is casted into the Sony movies, will also have to sign a Marvel contract for minimum of 3 appearances in MCU projects.

*signing bonus for Sony is a free cameo by Agents of SHIELD and/or The Defenders in their 1st project. Maybe a scene were Spidey is at odds w/ DD for a moment, before Coulson shows up and let them both know that they are on the same side.

**current contract also gets thrown in the trash, new contract states that Sony has to produce a blockbuster budget movie in the franchise every 3 years, released wide in theaters and must be profitable over the next 10 years, extensions to be negotiated at that time.
if a movie is not released every 3 years, rights revert. if after 10 years, the movies are not "profitable" rights revert.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:19:06 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1286 on: October 20, 2014, 08:45:06 PM »
My deal is much looser than yours...but yeah I think it could work.  Honestly, I wouldn't be so strict with actors...because well I wouldn't mind the different actors playing the characters.  As long as the characters can be in both studios movies...and are the SAME character.

As for soft reboot not really necessary.  I think what Sony has done with the series is fine...the last villain was awful, but the plots have not been bad.  Nor have they done anything that would ruin traditional Spiderman for Marvel.  Actually, it is closer to traditional Spiderman than the original trilogy...Sam Raimi did. 

Also, DD and Spiderman, don't need Coulson to show up to figure out they are on the same side.  Let them both be working a case, and get in each others away and then help each other.

I love the idea of DD and Spiderman together because they both have similar "Super senses" powers.  I would love for Dare Devil's to actually be more powerful than Spiderman's and he can teach him how to use it more. 

"You have a great ability, but you don't use it...because you rely on your other senses.  I can only rely on this and I must trust it completely.  Learn to trust that sense and just react...any delay could be your death."

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1287 on: October 20, 2014, 08:48:03 PM »
I know I'm going to be bashed for this...
But wasn't Ant-Man cancelled, opened again then cancelled?

Plus they can't add him now he was a founding member of the avengers!
At least having the wasp in the movie would be O.K.
Made you look ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 20, 2014, 09:49:11 PM »
Ant-man wasn't cancelled.

::Puts on lab coat and walks up to chalk board::
It was just delayed from being a Phase 1 movie, to being a Phase 2 movie and then into a Phase 3 movie. Joss Whedon originally wanted to have Janet Van Dyne aka The Wasp in The Avengers movie, but since Ant-Man was moved to a Phase 2 movie, and Edgar Wright had her locked up, he had to leave her out of the script.
During Phase 2, Edgar Wrights partner on the Cornetto Trilogy was sick with Cancer, so he wanted to delay Ant-Man so that he could finish the trilogy (At Worlds' End) before he passed.  I believe his friend survived, and is still alive and kicking today, but you never know with those types of things.
So now came Phase 3, Marvel put their foot down, and Wright wanted to still shoot the same movie he had envisioned all those years ago. Unfortunately for him, MCU was way too big for an unconnected Ant-man movie that was supposed to come out 5-6 years ago, and now had to be rewritten with MCU connections galore everywhere. Project was fast-tracked, casting started, everyone was hyped but....
Wright and Feige couldn't come to terms on what had to be added and what needed to be kept in tact, so Wright decided to jump ship since it was no longer the movie he wanted to make the way he wanted to make it. (Blame falls squarely on Wright as he had a very long time to get it done his way, but never made time to do it.)

Rudd brought in a new director, who decided to pass on directing (too many projects in queue), but was gung-ho for helping rewrite Wrights script. Rudd helped w/ the rewrite, everyone seems very happy with how the project is turning out.

As far as Pym's age, *Potential movie spoilers ahead*
The Original Hank Pym (played by Michael Douglas) is 70 something years old, and has retired from using the suit. He passed the suit onto Scott Lange (played by Paul Rudd). Supposedly Janet Van Dyne (aka The Wasp) is MIA, but Pyms daughter Hope may take the mantle of The Wasp.

Pym will likely have connections with Howard Stark and Old School SHIELD. Probably knew Tony as a kid, and might have passed by a young up and coming Nick Fury in the halls of the old SHIELD facility before Helicarriers became the new thing to do.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 20, 2014, 10:13:28 PM »
Honestly do you have to worry about contacts when spider-man pretty much stands on his own in his own books. You just need tfor him to cameo in other films.

The cover for Uncanny Avengers with a look at what might be Scarlet Witch's and Quicksilver,'s final coustmes.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: October 21, 2014, 10:33:49 PM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: October 21, 2014, 10:45:40 PM »
Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer premiers after marvels agents of shield next week.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: October 22, 2014, 10:01:56 AM »

Really good addition even adding covering in the breast area. I wish the greys were a littler lighter in tone and she had the Google's but those don't make sense for a tactical outfit

Wouldn't be surprised if their are talks of a spin off Barry Allen style after how favorable reception to her was. Plus Mockingbird was one of the first projects for a spin off to the MCU.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: October 22, 2014, 11:02:37 AM »
I think the Googles could easily be explained as a Heads Up Display.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 22, 2014, 01:41:36 PM »
Goggles people. GOGGLES. but if they doubled as some sort of SHIELD variant of GOOGLE GOGGLES, that would be cool too.

as far as a spin-off? How many SHIELD shows do we need?
Maybe a summer mini-series? Guest starring Black Widow and Hawkeye, and then cross her over into movie cameos and full time agent status on AoS.

But we also have an upcoming appearance from Speedball and the level of consistent improved quality during this season mixed with the brisk story telling, maybe a separate summer series wouldn't be a bad idea. Marvel Time year round on ABC, Netflix and a Theater near you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: October 22, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »
Marvel Mini-Series for the Summer.  Some AoS characters some low tier feeler characters.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: October 22, 2014, 04:15:54 PM »
Did anyone catch the Hellcow reference on AoS last night?

In the labs of HYDRA....
Simmons: "What sort of Hellcow produces carmine milk?"
Kenneth: "I don't know, the file just says Bessy"

Carmine = Red
so what kind of Hell cow produces red milk? Bessy, that's who. A Vampire Cow.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Bessie_(Earth-616)
At some point in the 1670s, the vampire known as Dracula found himself starved and flying desperately around the rural farmlands of Switzerland. All of the local homeowners had boarded up their homes for the evening, and the vampire had no means of satisfying his vampiric thirst. He came upon the fields of a farmer named Hans and attacked his prized cow, Bessie. Dracula drank his fill of the animal's blood and left it for dead. The following morning, Hans discovered Bessie's blood-drained corpse and buried the remains. He even fashioned a personalized tombstone marking the spot where Bessie had died. Three nights later however, Bessie rose from the earth as one of the undead. She began prowling the countryside searching for the strange being responsible for her condition – a search that would continue for the next three-hundred years.

In the comics, this led to a crossover with Howard the Duck.

So, we have Vampires, Aliens & Magic in the MCU.

We heard about Man-Thing last season.
We hear about Bessie this season.
The Track Suit Vamps (before they are vamps?) were in the "All Hail The King" One-shot
Skye's dad may be Mr. Hide & Skye may not be entirely human
Inhumans are likely coming
Fitz might be dun dun dun... GAY!?
Coulson is probably gonna go crazy
Alien Raccoons, Ducks and Trees
Will the Cow from Wendigo Mountain be involved with raising Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver?

Who are we gonna see next? Is Blade gonna happen now that we know there are Vamps out there?
if so does he get a movie reboot, or a Netflix series? There's been request for a Midnight Sons series as the Netflix Phase 2 shows (Blade, Ghost Rider, Punisher and.... Elektra?), but will it actually happen?

MCU is on rapid expansion right now. It's gonna be hard for DCCU to keep up when their TV and Movies are separate universes.... and even all their TV shows are mostly unconnected.

An exciting time to be a comic fan in general, but a most exciting time to be a Marvel fan since it's all connected.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:19:29 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: October 22, 2014, 04:35:56 PM »
Avenger: Age of Ultron (Trailer?) Spoilers

Ultron
http://i.imgur.com/gFcvpJK.jpg

Hulkbuster Armor
http://i.imgur.com/DZ8yhdp.jpg

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: October 22, 2014, 05:41:19 PM »
Mockingbird would be a street level super show similar to Arrow.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: October 22, 2014, 06:40:20 PM »
Mockingbird would be a street level super show similar to Arrow.
Something on Network primetime for Marvel to compete directly for the Arrow Audience, only during the Summer months when Arrow isn't actually on the air. But it would still be a SHIELD spin-off show as she is a SHIELD agent and would likely feature cameos of Coulson (in video form giving orders/intel for missions).