Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1170601 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1150 on: September 06, 2014, 06:26:09 PM »
You made me want to go back and re-watch TFA again to find all of the hints, that is for sure. Makes me very excited to see it all come together on screen.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: September 06, 2014, 06:33:47 PM »
I'm just glad it all made sense. I had to basically flesh out a quick thought I had earlier without putting too much thought and research into it. I just let the idea flow, so like I said, I'm just glad it made sense.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 06, 2014, 10:27:39 PM »
Depends in the MCU Jarvis is bases on the brain waves of the real life Jarvis who was starks butler and is probably who James Spader is playing in the AOU flashbacks.

I could see them throwing Pym into the ultron mix. Even in Avengers EMH Ultron is a joint project between Stark and Pym
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 07, 2014, 12:07:20 PM »
Another Guardians of the Box Office Update: The $300M Domestic March for the #1 Movie of the Summer & Year

this is a launch aligned comparison, so that you can see how the movie is doing.

[Movie: Daily Sat / Sun - Domestic Gross / # of Days (Total Domestic / WW Gross)]
GotG: $5,012,000 / $2,439,000 - $294,567,000 / 38 ($294,567,000 / $586,167,000) <wknd est>
Cap 2: $2,551,300 / $1,712,046 - $245,128,338 / 38 ($259,746,958 / $714,063,958)
IM 1: $3,164,558 / $2,125,552 - $288,847,640 / 38 ($318,412,101 / $585,174,222)
MoS: $744,864 / $570,094 - $285,000,474 / 38 ($291,045,518 / $668,045,518)

Current Domestic Top 5 of 2014 (as of Sunday Estimates)
[#. Movie: (Domestic Gross / WW Gross)]
1. GotG: ($294,567,000  / $586,167,000)
2. Cap 2: ($259,746,958 / $714,063,958)
3. LEGO Movie: ($257,748,132 / $468,048,132)
4. Transformers: ($244,734,000 / $1,072,834,000)
5. Maleficent: ($239,233,000 / $753,733,000)

Passing $300M by next weekend is all but guaranteed. Guardians, as of Saturday night, has also out grossed MoS domestically and continues on it's march to meet Iron Man, which is currently sitting at $318M.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:46:18 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: September 07, 2014, 05:41:22 PM »
Anyone getting Disney Infinity 2.0?

A bit surprised that the vision is so promient on the marketing materials.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: September 07, 2014, 10:15:59 PM »
Leaked concept art from Sideshow collectibles.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 07, 2014, 10:58:45 PM »
I simply just don't like that vision color scheme.  Taking color out of the equation i think its a fine body.  I just like the bright green, reds, and yellow.  Much like a Wizard trying to blend in in the Muggle world.  It emphasizes that this is indeed a sentient robot and from that lens this feels right.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 08, 2014, 12:35:44 AM »
I like I just wish the cape and facial area's were much brighter colors.

Agree with Black that Ultron is based on the Iron Man armor and Vision will be based on the human torch prototype.

I'm wondering how long the Hydra stuff with the twins being evil will be and how long the ending sequence will be. I'm guessing were going to get a good 45 minutes before the Ultron stuff hits the fan.

Also once the Ultron stuff hits the fan I hope that if they have the cameo's ready for the end of the film they shoot more than the main avengers team fighting or assisting against ultron. At the very least seeing Rhodey and Sam fighting Ultron bots would be pretty cool.

I would say Ant-man but from the comic-con trailer it seems that Ant-man is post Avengers 2.

Also calling it that Loki's staff is an Infinity Stone hence the line in winter solider by Strucker that Hydra has something that that was worth more than any of them ever knew, plus it would explain why the Twins have powers without the mists.

So I'm guessing that scene with Agent Trip in it is closer to the climax of the film revealing Cap's team, but supposedly Thor and Iron Man are both there.

Been thinking of it more and i'm guessing since thor is leaving Cap's team may be

Captain America
The Falcon
Sif
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Agent Tripplet as the shield Liasion

This team would be operating out of the west coast.

with Tony's team being

Iron Man
Iron Patriot
The Vision
Black Widow
 :confused;
 :confused;

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 08, 2014, 09:02:44 AM »

Agree with Black that Ultron is based on the Iron Man armor and Vision will be based on the human torch prototype.
I made it a point to read about the Human Torch the robot version after that.  If I'm reading the lore right and how old the Human Torch is suppose to be I think the spare parts or Modified original is probably the better way to go.  It allows a Cap WW2 connection to happen.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 08, 2014, 09:49:17 AM »

I made it a point to read about the Human Torch the robot version after that.  If I'm reading the lore right and how old the Human Torch is suppose to be I think the spare parts or Modified original is probably the better way to go.  It allows a Cap WW2 connection to happen.

The question is how they plan to go about it. We know that they've filmed scenes for the movie that take place back in the Captain America WW2 part of the timeline, where Paul Bentally is playing the real life Jarvis who was like an uncle to Tony and who the Jarvis AI's voice and mannerisms is partly based upon.

http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2014/04/the-avengers-age-of-ultron-to-feature.html

The question remains is how the Jim Hammond Human Torch android fits into the equation from being a simple easter egg and piece or lore to a major thing. I know the original script for The First Avenger had a few scenes with the Invaders the golden age superhero team, but they ended up taking it out due to not having Namor and probably it diluting the impact the Avengers has on the world.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 08, 2014, 09:53:45 AM »
Have they solidified that Jim Hammond made the Human Torch in the MCU?

If not they may have Hank Pym do it instead.  Antman movie is rumored to be not the original but the next one so timing wise that could work.  It also allows the interplay that Tony and Hank have in most continuums to happen between Tony's Dad and Hank.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 08, 2014, 10:24:56 AM »
The color scheme...is almost exactly how Vision looks in the comics, or at least how a 2014 movie version should look based on the comics. Of course it has to be more realistic looking and based on the MCU and not the 60's Avengers comics.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 08, 2014, 10:31:12 AM »
@ Ceric & Shingi

Ant-man movie is the Original passing the torch to the new generation.

Hank Pym is like 70-80yrs old in the MCU and passes off the suit to a 30 something yr old Hero.

as far as how they work it (the Human Torch Android) in to something major.... well, i think I made a pretty good starting point for that, where all they have to do is flesh out the details, and it connects AC, AoS, Ant-Man & AoU together in a way that would make sense (at least to me) without really spending too much time on it storywise.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 08, 2014, 12:49:21 PM »
Jim Hammond was the android he was created by Phineas Horton.

My guess for how they may have it make sense is too probably do a whole the part of the MCU you never knew about by putting the Invaders into the mix which was a 1940s super hero team consisting of Cap, Namor, The Human Torch, Bucky, and Toro.

If you look at the recent projects coming together it starts to make a bit more sense. Early next year we have Agent Carter taking place in the forties, in Age of Ultron were going to get a scene taking place in the past, as well another taking place in the sixties featuring the pyms, Sharon, and Armin Zola.

My guess is that between the three were going to see the Invaders as the first MCU super team but its going to be a work in secret sort of thing. My belief is that the scene's we see in Avengers age of ultron will not only be to introduce the real life Jarvis but will probably introduce the concept of the Invaders a team that Cap was supposed to lead after the War.

The Ant-man scene will actually be about the team its self recruiting Hank Pym to join it and having his input on a project that went with Ultron and The Vision. My guess for the team would be

Hank Pym
The Human Torch
Nuke
Major Mapleleaf

It would add a whole new meeting to fury telling Stark he wasn't the world's only superhero.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 08, 2014, 01:54:57 PM »
Guess who is making a guest appearance in AoS this season (premiere?)?
http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/9/8/23214/learn_how_marvels_agents_of_shield_begins_its_second_season

Hayley Atwell as Agent Carter.... has to be a flash back scene right? she died in Cap 2 right?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 08, 2014, 02:07:50 PM »
http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/9/8/23214/learn_how_marvels_agents_of_shield_begins_its_second_season

Hayley Atwell as Agent Carter.... has to be a flash back scene right? she died in Cap 2 right?

She didn't die. It was just alluded that she might have onset Alzheimer's

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 08, 2014, 02:14:22 PM »

She didn't die. It was just alluded that she might have onset Alzheimer's

so definitely a flashback... couldn't afford the old-age effects on their budget anyway... unless they filmed it during Cap 2

speaking of that... why don't they film pre-planned cameos during the shooting of cameo movies? That would save so much time and money for everyone if they AoS cast just showed up on the set of Thor 2/Cap/Ant-Man while filming and had (insert character here) already in costume, hand them a script and let the movie director guest direct the scene. use the movie SFX crew to bang out whatever quick CG effects are needed (on the movies budget of course) and then shippt eh finished scene out to the TV crew so they can spend their time making it look more like a TV.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 08, 2014, 02:46:21 PM »
I'll bet it will be more of a found footage deal.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 08, 2014, 03:01:16 PM »

Its found footage alright, it would explain Coulson being in the office from Agent Carter, Smart way to use a set that was going to have to be rebuilt for the Agent Carter series.

My guess is that it tends to be shooting and writing constraints. Take this past season if I recall the scenes at the Triskelion were shot on the actual Winter Solider set for the building, but writing wise there was no need for the BUS to be on the ground during the events of the film since the arc of Uprising was the agents on the ground level being effected by the disbandment of shield.

I could see Marvel putting a lot of extra effort to tie into Avengers Age of Ultron. If the Avengers is the main battle against Ultron, instead of trying to do cameo's in the film itself do it Agents of Shield. Just have a throw away line in AOU about humans never giving up, but in Agents of Shield bring in all their heavy guns like Deathlock, Mockingbird, and even bring in Daredevil and show them fighting Ultron robots and even a member of the Iron Legion.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 08, 2014, 04:41:27 PM »
Get a Free Guardians of the Galaxy prelude comic

Go to:
https://marvel.com/redeem/

And enter code:
STARLORD

You're Welcome.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: September 08, 2014, 06:35:34 PM »
I'll bet it will be more of a found footage deal.

Its found footage alright, it would explain Coulson being in the office from Agent Carter, Smart way to use a set that was going to have to be rebuilt for the Agent Carter series.

That does make sense.COulson dusting off one of the original SHIELD offices and comes across an old 8mm film reel with some Agent Carter footage... possibly with Howard Stark and a young Hank Pym (and a Cap Cameo?)

Does Agent  Carter take place after Cap was frozen, or could it have happened during the Cap Battle Montage of Cap 1?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:14:18 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: September 08, 2014, 11:47:25 PM »
Vision (w/o the watermarks)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: September 09, 2014, 04:20:22 PM »
Stealing this from NWR's secret wrestling forum

http://www.pwmania.com/backstage-update-on-batistas-wwe-future-why-hes-about-to-get-more-money-from-marvel

Bautista bout to get paid, restructruing his contract, appearing in GotG2 and Avengers 3
might now be going back to the WWE, and has other movie roles pouring in, like the Kickboxer remake where Batroc ze Leaper will face off against Drax the Destroyer.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: September 09, 2014, 05:18:07 PM »
*Botoxta. I don't think Batista (or Dave Bautista) will really have movie roles *pouring* in...he did well in Guardians, but he's old (at least by wrestling standards, 45 years old) and injury prone.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA