Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1171051 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1075 on: August 27, 2014, 02:41:33 PM »
Am I the only one who's suprised that their hasn't been a direct to DVD MCU film yet?

I'm not, even though I've thought about it.

although I could see a series of 4-8 episode mini-series on Netflix just to bump the character count and get to the cross-overs.

Like Punisher, Ghost Rider, Blade, and... um, Moon Knight(?), where in the end they show up in a Defenders movie or a team up movie all their own.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 27, 2014, 04:57:52 PM »
Looks like the Russo's are trying to start the HYPE train for Cap 3 already:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/25/exclusive-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-directors-joe-and-a/
Quote from: excerpts
You guys got a lot of credit for putting together a really well-crafted movie [in Captain America: The Winter Soldier], which sometimes I think the Marvel films don't get as much credit for as they maybe deserve because they come out so fast and furious, and they have such commercial potential. Do you think you guys bucked the formula a little bit, or was this movie just proof that Marvel's formula works?

Joe Russo: I think it's proof that Marvel's formula works. I mean, everybody works a little differently here but Marvel, when they hire their filmmakers, you have a pretty wide berth. They're giving you a lot of creative freedom and it's no different from any other studio where of course when somebody writes a check for $200 million, they're going to expect to have a say at some point but it's been the most hands-off experience we've ever had, no question. And we were given the most creative freedom we've ever had, inclusive of our TV experience, where we've built ourselves up into a nice position of power in television.

I think that's the Marvel way, and if you can communicate your vision to them very clearly and they trust your ability to execute that vision, you're in great shape over here. It's a very healthy process and we've told Kevin [Feige] that he's going to have to drag the two of us out of here kicking and screaming before we leave Marvel because we've had such a great experience here and we love everybody who works here.

makes you wonder why Wright couldn't just get with the program, and what really went wrong there that he would just flip the table and bounce.

From a character standpoint, it falls into the category of what you can and can't say working for Marvel. Certainly Captain America will be back. The expectation would be that Bucky will be back and there's certain characters in the Marvel Universe that Cap has a strong connection to but we've also got some tricks up our sleeve for this one and we're hard at work. That's a very crowded summer and there's high expectations so we're all hard at work trying to exceed those expectations and really carve out a big, splashy idea for Cap 3.

Well, Jeremy Renner was talking about how he thinks Hawkguy could make it into Cap 3 this time.
No one is sure what happens in Age of Ultron, but I'm expecting Falcon, Black Widow and Fury to all be present as well. and don't forget Bucky. he will definitely be back.
As far as returning bag guys... well, I'm not sure. Crossbones, Arnim Zola, Baron Zemo, Red Skull, HYDRA, Abomination(?)? For sure someone new as well, but I wouldn't want to miss out all on the threads that have already been sewn too.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Captain-America-3-May-Feature-Way-More-Marvel-Heroes-Than-We-Thought-66918.html
Jeremy Renner got the ball rolling, telling Collider that he’d heard "rumblings" of a beefed-up role in Captain America 3. Seeing as how Joss Whedon’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron hasn’t yet played it cards, it would be early for the Russos to reveal what they had in store. But still, I had them on the phone this afternoon, and asked them which Avengers they would like to have at their disposal for a Black Widow-sized role.

"That’s such a hard question because we’ve kind of already done that," Joe Russo told me, saying they already built characters into their screenplay. "Do they have to be under contract with Marvel? Maybe they are at another studio."

Oh. Intriguing. Wait one second. Could Marvel be pulling some strings behind the scenes to get THIS guy back under the Marvel umbrella?
{show comic cover of Capt. America & Spider-man}

I doubt it's Spider-man... but honestly, with the disappointment that was ASM2, I wouldn't be surprised (I'm lying, yes I would) if Sony cut a deal to let Marvel use SM to boost the popularity of the character and earn goodwill with the audience going into whatever the next SM movie is.

It could be Namor, as Marvel does technically have the rights, but there are still other studios with fingers in the pie.

or it could be Man-Thing, as that character has been hinted at in an IM movie and on AoS.
(it will NOT be any character held by Fox. that I am sure of.)

OK, that’s a stretch. Spider-Man is still sequestered at Sony, and that studio isn’t likely to let him go any time soon. But Joe Russo’s comments on the matter of a team up for Captain America 3 got me very excited about the possibilities. He told me:

Quote from: Joe Russo
Listen, when I started collecting, The Secret Wars was one of the first books I ever bought, so that’s always been an obsession of mine to see something of that scale done – a crossover. I don’t know if that would ever be possible, with all the different situations at the studios. But I would love to see a lot of characters on screen together."

Name-dropping The Secret Wars? That’s one sure-fire way to get a LOT of comic-book geeks fired up for your sequel. If you haven’t read the Secret Wars storyline, it involved basically every major hero in the Marvel universe being transported to a distant planet to fight every villain in the Marvel universe. It was epic. And if the Russos are going that route, you better plan to see a lot more than Hawkeye in Captain America 3, whatever the sequel ends up being subtitled.

I've never read Secret Wars, but I doubt that's what we'll be getting in whole for Cap 3. That sounds far too crazy.

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/39captain-america-339-codirector-anthony-russo-says-quotfans-are-going-to-freak-outquot/16640
"We just got another incredible draft from the writers and are very excited about the film," says Anthony. "I can't divulge who is going to be in the film, but I think the fans are going to freak out when they hear about it."

I don't want to get my hopes up for someone big, and I certainly don't want to think it's someone from another established IP at a different studio, but why are they HYPING this so soon? i haven't even gotten on the AoU HYPE train yet as I'm still unpacking from the trip on the GotG one.

Safe guesses though. Black Panther and/or Captain Marvel. That's who they are talking about.
we will all be excited and surprised especially since we've all been calling it and hoping for it, asking for it, and all of the above.

edit: added Baron Zemo to the list of possible enemies. Forgot that he was hinted at in Cap 2, he also has ties to Arnim Zola and HYDRA and could lead to a Master of Evil setup for a future movie.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:02:35 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 27, 2014, 05:10:01 PM »
Secret Wars would be its own thing.

Marvel's Secret War

and I could see it broken up into several movies.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 27, 2014, 05:38:09 PM »
Avengers 4: Secret Wars?

Phase 4 builds up to it?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 28, 2014, 12:15:35 AM »
INBEFOREBNM2K1 (I think, too lazy to check). Guardians of the Galaxy has hit $500 million worldwide. Source: The internet.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: August 28, 2014, 12:21:53 AM »
I was aware, I was just waiting till Friday when GotG climbs to the #2 and then #1 slot for Highest Domestic Grossing movie of the year.

I probably should have posted it this morning though :)

It still has Germany (opens tomorrow)
Japan, China (Oct. 10th) and about another half dozen markets to open in

It's currently a few mill behind IM1, but this is a holiday weekend coming up, so it will probably make up any lost ground on it's way to $300M.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 28, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
I thought it was just China it hasn't opened in.  Shoot Germany should be a big place for this movie.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 28, 2014, 10:57:30 AM »
DAS GUARDIENS EN DAST GALAXY FRUGENLADEN is what I imagine it is called over there.

I...don't speak German.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 28, 2014, 11:05:14 AM »

DAS GUARDIENS EN DAST GALAXY FRUGENLADEN is what I imagine it is called over there.

I...don't speak German.
You think that be easy to find with a simple search but it's not.

My best guess would be

Wächter auf dem Galaxy

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 28, 2014, 11:34:29 AM »
Well there are two stories called secret wars

You have the first one where the beyonder took heroes and villians and made them duke it out.

Than you have a second one titled secret War, where Nick Fury assembled a team of heroes to go do some off the books work in Latervia.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 28, 2014, 05:21:03 PM »
Collider says: Joaquin Phoenix in final talks to play Doctor Strange
http://collider.com/joaquin-phoenix-doctor-strange-movie/

After rounds of shortlists and cryptic comments with regards to who will inhabit the character, the trades reported in mid-July that Joaquin Phoenix was finally in negotiations to star in the film.  It’s been over a month since that time and there still hasn’t been confirmation from Marvel’s end, so the speculation machine kicked up again recently with word going around that Jack Huston is now “under consideration” for the part.  However, we’re hearing there’s absolutely no truth to that rumor, as Phoenix’s deal is currently being finalized.  More after the jump.
doctor-strange-joaquin-phoenixDespite rumors to the contrary, we’re hearing that Phoenix is absolutely still in line to play Doctor Strange in the Marvel adaptation, with our source telling us that his contract is essentially at the 1 yard line, about to pass into the endzone.  Though some believed the length of time it’s taken for Phoenix to finalized his deal was a sign that things might have gone south, it makes sense that an actor of Phoenix’s caliber and temperament would want to ensure that his Marvel contract doesn’t restrict his creative freedom to take on other projects outside the MCU.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 28, 2014, 11:02:54 PM »
Ok, possibly big updates on Avengers: Age of Ultron. 

**POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD**

Supposedly Marvel is having second thoughts on doing a cold intro for Captain Marvel...
https://twitter.com/devincf/statuses/505043190705963008
https://twitter.com/devincf/statuses/505046246587785216
https://twitter.com/devincf/statuses/505043520902533120

To me it sounds like they are gearing her up for her own movie, or a major role in another movie.
(think back to those hints to Cap3 that were made yesterday....)

which leads me into: **Potential Spoiler Warning**

http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/28/age-of-ultron-introduces-new-members-of-the-avengers-but-is-captain-marvel/
Captain America is supposedly gonna form a new Avengers team at the end of the movie...
Captain America 3: The Secret Avengers?

At the end of Age of Ultron Cap will assemble a team that is a mix of familiar and new faces, leading forward into Phase Three. It's an exciting mission statement for Marvel Studios, letting audiences know that the Avengers team is more than just the guys who were in the first film. The make-up of that team is, technically, up in the air until that scene is shot (I suspect it's being saved for either scheduled reshoots or will be snuck into the schedule of Captain America 3, which goes before cameras early next year), but Joss Whedon's script did indicate who would be on that team. I won't reveal all the names - and some have changed in between drafts, by the way - but one character who has always been in this new team is Captain Marvel.

supposedly the scene hasn't been shot yet, so maybe they haven't decided on a actress yet.

But there was also an article today that made a few suggestions I hadn't even thought about...
such as Anna Torv (Fringe), Charlize Theron, and Emily Blunt (original choice for Black Widow).
The current popular choices of Katee Sackoff and Yvonne Strahovski were also on that list.

But back to Cap's new team... Falcon, Widow, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Bucky, Rhodey, Witch, Quick and Capt. Marvel?

Cap 3 is gonna be jam packed!!!!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:55:42 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1087 on: August 28, 2014, 11:14:50 PM »
That's a huge team.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 29, 2014, 12:05:25 AM »
It is, but here is some speculation based on previous "leaks" that I think sounds pretty plausible.

Everyone blames Tony for the Ultron issue and he becomes an outcast and everyone is fighting.
Hulk is shot out into space
Thor goes back to Asgard
Cap is left alone and decides to form a new group consisting of those mentioned above.
this leads directly into Cap 3: The New Avengers.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:53:03 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 29, 2014, 12:08:27 AM »
Use spoiler tags broseph, even if it's speculation based on possible spoilers...

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 29, 2014, 12:14:57 AM »

Sounds cool with banner being sent into space and Thor telling Tony to **** off but promises to come back if steve needs him. We end the film with two Avenger teams.

The Avengers (Team Stark)
Iron Man
The Vision
Black Widow
Black Panther
Iron Patriot

The New Avengers (Team Rogers)
Captain America
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
The Falcon
Hawkeye
Captain Marvel

It makes me wonder if The scene with trip is in the end of the film.

That would bring the number of prominent  MCU teams or Organizations to five with

Two Avengers teams - Main super hero
shield- goverment
Defenders- street level
Guardians- cosmic.

I just hope we get cameos from Daredevil, deathlok, and AOS in AOU.

Plus I wouldn't mind seeing this scene in Avengers 3

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 29, 2014, 02:44:52 AM »
Here's some out there ****...

Quote from: via NeoGAF
Wesley Snipes to return for a 4th Blade.... by Marvel Studios!!!?
Quote from: Toronto Sun
Actor Wesley Snipes is reportedly set to reprise his role as vampire hunter Blade in a fourth installment of the franchise.

The Expendables 3 star will net a $3 million pay cheque for his return to the film series, according to the New York Daily News.

Snipes recently spoke about his desire to return to the franchise, telling MTV.com, "I'd be open to it. I think we've got some stones left unturned and there's some latitude left for us to build on and I'd love to get back in the suit again and do some things I've learned how to do now that I didn't know how to do then."

The 52 year old previously played the character in 1998's Blade, 2002's Blade II and 2004's Blade: Trinity.

I know Wesleys still got it, but there is no way this isn't a reboot if it's true at all.
Blade 1 & 2 were good, but there's no way they become or fit into the MCU as is. It has to be a reboot.

Unless Marvel is gonna continue the series under Marvel Knights or something...  but that would have to outside of the MCU, as it just wouldn't fit... where was mention of Vampires before hand?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 03:00:50 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 29, 2014, 07:52:59 AM »
Stephen Dorff will play the Blood God/e-Cigarette company CEO.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 29, 2014, 09:20:39 AM »
If I was handling Blade I don't know if I reboot it as much as just lightly reference it.  He be a great character to take another character into his genre.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 29, 2014, 09:43:29 AM »
Straight up reboot, Blade being a Vampire lends well to what they did with the hulk where the new movie semi referenced the old ones.

It really depends on what Marvel Plans to do, they essentially now have three lines of series in the MCU.

The Avengers Line featuring all of the earth based characters and adding Ant-man next year.
The Cosmic Line featuring Guardians and in the future Nova and Inhumans.
The Defenders Line which is far more street level based.

If we throw in Strange being the opening of the Supernatural line followed quickly by Blade, we could set up a possibe Midnight sons film featuring

Doctor Strange
Blade
Man-Thing
Ghost Rider
Nico Monrou.

They are pushing to three films a year pretty soon (2017 I think.) So every year you'd get a new movie in each line.

A superNatural movie early in the year
An Avengers movie in the early summer
A cosmic movie in the late fall early summer.

The supernatural avengers lines would probably crossover more due to strange.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: August 29, 2014, 05:14:13 PM »
Another Guardians of the Box Office Update: The $300M Domestic March to #1 Movie of the Summer/Year

this is a launch aligned comparison, so that you can see how the movie is doing.

[Movie: Daily - Domestic Gross / # of Days (Total Domestic / WW Gross)]
GotG: $1,562,456 - $258,297,268 / 28 ($258,297,268 / $503,597,268)
Cap 2: $851,344 - $229,381,211 / 28 ($259,746,958 / $714,063,958)
IM 1: $1,389,865 - $262,625,072 / 28 ($318,412,101 / $585,174,222)

Guardians become the #1 Domestic Grosser of the Year today, but we won't see those numbers till tomorrow.
The question now is, will it continue to have enough legs to cross that $300M mark? can it keep up with IM1?

Current Domestic Top 5 of 2014 (as of Thursday Totals)
[#. Movie: (Domestic Gross / WW Gross)]
1. Cap 2: TWS: ($259,746,958 / $714,063,958)
2. GotG: ($258,297,268 / $503,597,268)
3. LEGO Movie: ($257,748,132 / $468,048,132)
4. Transformers: ($243,950,966 / $1,065,250,966)
5. Maleficent: ( $237,841,302 / $747,841,302)

So GotG has not only crossed the $500M WW mark, but it is technically the #1 domestic grosser of the year so far.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 29, 2014, 05:31:33 PM »
Agent Carter News: 2 New Roles Cast
http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/8/29/23178/marvels_agent_carter_casts_2_key_roles

When Hayley Atwell reprises her role as Peggy Carter in the hotly-anticipated "Marvel’s Agent Carter" series debuting on ABC in 2015, she won’t embark on her new adventures alone!

Chad Michael Murray set to play SSR Agent Jack Thompson in Marvel's Agent Carter
CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY

Marvel is proud to announce the signing of two key series regulars, as Chad Michael Murray ("Fruitvale Station," "One Tree Hill") has been cast in the role of SSR Agent Jack Thompson, while Enver Gjokaj ("Dollhouse") will portray Agent Daniel Sousa, both of whom will meet Carter while she takes on a new role at the SSR in New York City.

Fun Fact: Enver (pic on left) was also in Avengers 1 for a minor role near the end.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 05:33:47 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 29, 2014, 05:49:44 PM »
Just wait until Sin City 2 catches its stride like the Wii U.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 29, 2014, 06:24:45 PM »
Just wait until Sin City 2 catches its stride like the Wii U.

In the bargain bin?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 29, 2014, 07:59:17 PM »

Coulson is sitting at the desk from the Agent Carter One-Shot