Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1170199 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Women of Marvel Talk Show.

How does she get so thin?
Being Large and Green how does she keep her skin so soft?
Can all women be so Hot and Smart?
Ten Tips to Turn them in the Bed.
How to tell you Husband isn't a Skrull.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
As interesting as that may be, I think I'll put my money Agent Carter or Capt. Marvel.

https://twitter.com/marvel/status/488779835401965568

Although only Capt. Marvel may have the slightest connection with lightning.
unless Lady Sif really is getting a spin-off series where she and the Warriors 3 must battle against Loki and his minions, such as Lorelei and The Enchantress.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
title makes it sound like a comic book tho.

Maybe the new Angela title since Marvel owns her now and is trying desperately to make her happen.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Yep the annoucment is that Thor is no longer worthy of the Mjnor and a woman is the new weilder. Its  probably going to be apart of the Avengers time jump where Steve is no longer cap and that's supposed to be run into the rumored Marvel reboot.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Yep the annoucment is that Thor is no longer worthy of the Mjnor and a woman is the new weilder. Its  probably going to be apart of the Avengers time jump where Steve is no longer cap and that's supposed to be run into the rumored Marvel reboot.
If we're going that way.  Disney thinks the MCU is doing so well that they just burn the candle from both end and do a couple generations leaps and run them side be side.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I like the way they may be jumping into the future...and I also don't mind them changing Thor to a female, if the story is actually good, and if our original Thor is still in the comic.  But, I still disagree with the character taking the name Thor.  "The power of Thor" yes...but who would want all that extra baggage of that comes with a name and identity?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile

Looks like Ultron alright which is really cool.

Some excerts from the aticle.

The good guys are tired, S.H.I.E.L.D. has been destroyed, and there’s no one else for the planet to turn to when menace looms on the horizon. Everyone wants a break—and that’s exactly how they’re about to be broken. There’s no abdicating heroism

“What you said about abdication is apt, but I think it’s also about recognizing limitations,” Robert Downey Jr. says. “The downside of self-sacrifice is that if you make it back, you’ve been out there on the spit and you’ve been turned a couple times and you feel a little burned and traumatized.”For better or worse (trust us, it’s worse), his Tony Stark has devised a plan that won’t require him to put on the Iron Man suit anymore, and should allow Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and the Hulk to get some much needed R&R as well. His solution is Ultron, self-aware, self-teaching, artificial intelligence designed to help assess threats, and direct Stark’s Iron Legion of drones to battle evildoers instead.
[/color]The only problem? Ultron (played by James Spader through performance-capture technology) lacks the human touch, and his superior intellect quickly determines that life on Earth would go a lot smoother if he just got rid of Public Enemy No. 1: Human beings. “Ultron sees the big picture and he goes, ‘Okay, we need radical change, which will be violent and appalling, in order to make everything better’; he’s not just going ‘Muhaha, soon I’ll rule!’” Whedon says, rubbing his hands together.

[/color]
[/color]Sounds like what I thought was going to happen. Shield is gone in the way it was before meaning that its an Avengers World where they pick up the slack. They're really the only superheroes/humans around which is why they're holding the scene's where we see them training the Twins, Falcon, and Iron Patriot.
Tony builds Ultron for almost the same reasons why Ultron is built in EMH's and it goes side ways like it always seems to do.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
and I believe that's the first look at Ultron too.

Looks good. Plot sounds good. Let's hope the execution is good as well. Not that I have any doubts on Whedon delivering, I just want it all to stay the course of ramping up the awesome from Cap 2 --> GotG --> Avengers 2.

Cap 2 raised the bar that hadn't been lifted (IMO) since The Avengers.
GotG looks to, if not raise the previous bar, meet it and add a new one. and I want to see Avengers 2 meet if not exceed both of those bars.

edit: and here's a link for those that want to read more *spoliers?*
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/07/16/this-weeks-cover-avengers-age-of-ultron/
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:58:30 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Must be a pretty strong hanger to hold Iron Man's armor like that.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Its sort of funny that people are dogging quickslivers outfit when's he wearing workout gear.

Comic Con is next week so on the Marvel side expect to hear about.

Film
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-man
Captain America 3
Doctor Strange
Maybe the rest of the Phase III films

TV Series
Agents of s.h.i.e.l.d.
Agent Carter
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Iron Fist
 Defenders

I also think we may get the announcement of a Marvel TV series for ABC family or that the one shots are coming back.

My guess is at the Marvel film panel we get a trailer for Avengers 2 that plays as the Guardians of the Galaxy stinger.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
and I believe that's the first look at Ultron too.

Looks good. Plot sounds good. Let's hope the execution is good as well. Not that I have any doubts on Whedon delivering, I just want it all to stay the course of ramping up the awesome from Cap 2 --> GotG --> Avengers 2.

Cap 2 raised the bar that hadn't been lifted (IMO) since The Avengers.
GotG looks to, if not raise the previous bar, meet it and add a new one. and I want to see Avengers 2 meet if not exceed both of those bars.

edit: and here's a link for those that want to read more *spoliers?*
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/07/16/this-weeks-cover-avengers-age-of-ultron/
The story there using is already very used and being able to raise the bar with it is a tall order.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

And the Official Guardian of the Galaxy Prequel Comic (Pics up during the after credits of Thor 2)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
I can't see Merle Dixon in anything and see anything but Merle Dixon.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I was talking with my Wife on the Thor thing.  You know it sort of bugs me know that I think of it.  The reason why is Thor is an Asgardian not a Title.  A new Thunder God/dess would be fine and Thor himself being disgraced.  Just keeping the name seems weird when you really think about it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
everyone already knows the name. Makes it instantly identifiable.

They have taken his name and made it a title. deal with it. ;)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
This should go in the Marvel comic thread (linked in the OP)
But after Female Thor, Marvel also announced Blacktain America.

The Falcon becomes the new Captain America

Not sure if any of this translates to the MCU down the line, but then there is always this;
https://mobile.twitter.com/josswhedon/status/489115238269476864

Starbuck was originally a male character
Hopefully this also means that she is in the stable and Capt. Marvel is under way. ;)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Also Superior Iron Man is now a thing.

Expect solo books for strange, Ant-man, SW, and Angela soon.

Also I hate to cynical but man you see the corporate syngery at work. Every one on the page with the exception of the Ihumans and Angela have been in the MCU or about too. Angela is up their because Marvel keeps pushing her and now she's got her own mini series explaining she's Thor's Half sister. The inhuman's will probably get a film announced and I'm fairly certain The Twins, Skye, and Scorh are all Inhumans. 

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Is Angela the one with the Least amount of Clothes?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
This Marvel time jump thing is getting weirder and weirder.  I like that The Falcon is taking over as Cap though especially since Bucky had his shot at it already.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
How did you know?

She's originally an image character created by Neil Gaimen for spawn, he got the rghts to her back after a legal dispute. He than gave marvel the rights to her in exchange for him working on some stuff and probably finishing up his Miracleman run before MM gets put in the Marvel U.

So she sort of appears randomly and joins the Guardians of the Galaxy at the start of Bendis run. Now she's being revealed in the Original Sin mini series to be apaprt of the hidden 10th relam of Asgard and is Odin's daughter.

Deborah Ann Woll is Karen Page in Daredevil meaning Dawson is either Typhoid Mary or Elektra.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/17/true-blood-actress-to-star-in-marvels-daredevil/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Jessica (True Blood) is coming to the MCU huh...

nice.

Would this be why Daredevil's favorite color is red!?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I mean, he can't see it either way. . .

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
More GotG Posters!!!

An extended Clip from the Movie

and *SPOILER WARNING*
The Official Deluxe Edition Soundtrack Track Listing
http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/07/16/guardians-of-the-galaxy-deluxe-edition-soundtrack-score-album-details/

Last Track has a potential Spoiler, just as the Captain America: TWS Soundtrack did
29. A Nova Upgrade

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Not following the comics close, but what purpose, aside from pissing off McFarlane, does Angela serve in the Marvel Universe?  Her entire story is so entwined with the Spawn Universe that removing that from her just makes her a generic angelic being for any writer to create a backstory for.  Couldn't this have been done without using the Angela name?  Or are they somehow trying to tie this version's backstory to the Image version?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.