Author Topic: SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL - The New Megathread  (Read 348620 times)

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
When are we going to see DK?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I have a feeling we will see another legacy character before we see any of the other new characters.

But what a great update with screens that are easily the most crazy we have seen yet.

Wario is simply going to be a joy to play as.  My favorite shot is him trying to eat Kirby.  Please let that be his Smash Attack...it is outrageously funny.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
The final smash for Wario will be the nuke fart.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Smoke39
Motion to start Birthday Suit Samus petition.

O Suit Samus... Cap has a pic if memory serves.

I hope Samus and Zero Suit Samus are completely separate selectable characters. If Final Smash triggers the transformation, I don't want to be minus 1 character whenever I choose to turn items off. She becomes more of a novelty addition at that point.

And speaking of Samus, I wish her charged beam was smaller and weaker. Making it faster to charge would balance that out. A charged shot was a bit too powerful in the first 2 games, it's fast, large and causes like 25% damage which could easily KO most characters at around 100% damage. Samus already has several finishers. Also, her missile should be weaker and faster. I never understood why she strikes a pose before firing one. Homing missiles were also pretty lame.

I always thought the opposite. For the time it takes to do a full charge, I'm glad you can hold a charge just because of that, I always thought it was a little slow and underpowered.  Now on the missile they are underpowerred but I wouldn't want them to be able to be shot any faster because then you could spam weak homing missiles whenever anyone went off the side and they probably couldn't recover.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Wario is simply going to be a joy to play as.  My favorite shot is him trying to eat Kirby.  Please let that be his Smash Attack...it is outrageously funny.

QFT!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: LuigiHann

Originally posted by: mantidor
I still don't see how are they balancing things, mario smash seems awfully powerful compared to all the others.

It covers more area, but it probably does less damage. Sounds fair to me.
Sounds fair if you're playing a 4-player match.  If it's 1-on-1 then the extra area damage is worthless and Mario would be at a disadvantage if the attack is weaker than others.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: vudu

Originally posted by: LuigiHann

I still don't see how are they balancing things, mario smash seems awfully powerful compared to all the others.

It covers more area, but it probably does less damage. Sounds fair to me.
Sounds fair if you're playing a 4-player match.  If it's 1-on-1 then the extra area damage is worthless and Mario would be at a disadvantage if the attack is weaker than others.

Even in a 1-on-1 match, the wider area means he has a better chance of hitting his opponent.

Again, this is all hypothetical. I'm assuming it's possible to somehow "miss" with an attack like Link's final smash.  

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang

lol, its called karma for all of the years of kirby annoyingly eating everybody else.  Now we just need a shot of Wario eating yoshi.

WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile

It’s rumored that this unpredictable character will give birth to a form of martial arts that other characters cannot even see.

In other words, silent, but deadly...

I just got that's what they are implying.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

The final smash for Wario will be the nuke fart.

Wasn't it called the Wario Waft?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
So today's update is fox's blaster and reflector moves fun fun . . . however fox's eye piece reminds me of something. . .

Mario: Hey fox how much damage did you just land on Pikachu

Fox: ITS OVER 9000~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
WHAT 9000?!
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
This was a basic update.  It was pretty neat to see and understand the new character models.  The amount of detail and thought being put into this game is amazing.  I would have never thought...hey we need to make sure the character model has the reflector in it.  

You know I think I know what Star Fox's Final Smash will be.  Probably a fly by Air Strike from his team...or even them dropping a bomb on the level.  That would be quite cool.

Yeah that fart is called the Wario Waft...and it will definitely be fun to use...if not slightly disturbing...in a good way.

I wonder if one of Wario's special moves will be a short ranged invisible projectile being expelled from his buttocks?  What will his other moves be?  Probably a charging attack, since that is one of his few moves he had in his games, but then what else?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile

Originally posted by: darkheart
So today's update is fox's blaster and reflector moves fun fun . . . however fox's eye piece reminds me of something. . .

Editted out for space savings.

Mario: Hey fox how much damage did you just land on Pikachu

Fox: ITS OVER 9000~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

lol
"Marios power went off the Charts."*crack*

I sort of want to see a closeup of fox in action because methinks the reflector is its own object because it seems to come up when he is reflecting.  What would really be cool is if it dangled on his belt and could actually see it swing around making a little clinking noise when he moves.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
So what you're saying is, you want to see the very first picture on the site today?

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Time for list that move (in the screen shot)

Clockwise from the upper left:

Mario:
1) B: Fireball
2) Down-A: Sweep Kick
3) A: Attack
4) In-Air Forward-A

Link:
1) L/R Smash
2) Recovering from a roll
3) B: Arrow
4) A: Attack

Kirby:
1) ?? A: Attack
2) Up-B: Final Cutter
3) L/R-B: Hammer
4) Running-A: Running Kicks

Pikachu:
1) Idle animation
2) Crouched
3) B: Discharge
4) Controlled Fall

Fox:
1) Up-B: (His "he-ya" flaming recovery move)
2) ?? A: Attack
3) Crouched
4) L/R B: Dashing Attack

Samus:
1) B: Charge Beam
2) In-Air Forward-A: Arcing fire attack
3) L/R-B: Missile
4) Edge Recovery (via grapple beam)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Yesterday we got to see Fox's moves and now today we get to see one of his stages, and damn is it f*cking sweet.  All the stuff thats happening and it looks like you'll have to watch out for pieces of asteroids and laser fire.  God I cant wait to see more of these stages because this kind of stuff is what I'm talking about.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile

How are they breathing? And why is there gravity? I suggest that you not worry about it too much.

lawlz
GOREGASM!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
*dorkgasm*
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Wow, the stage looks even more incredible than I thought it would... =D
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
Attention to detail in these stages is going to be one of the major plus over the past titles.  I still don't see why some would think that the Delphino plaza would be boring...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I love the fact that the stages are changing while still being the same layout.  It makes fighting easier, yet it also creates a more interesting and diverse level.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Well, I'm fairly sure there will be bigger, more unique stages revealed later...But it wouldn't be fun if those kind of stages were revealed right off the bat...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Oh I think these stages here are huge...but I am sure you are right that moving stages will be back.  I personally hate moving stages...they take the action away from fighting, and make you focus on surviving the level.  I know that is just my personal opinion, so I am ok with people disagreeing with it.

But all these new levels shown so far, are quite unique, and add some great positioning options, and an enviroment you will want to play in over and over again, as they are literally moving works of art with a story to them.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
(Have not read everyone comments today yet)
Is it just me or are all the stages shown so far really caustrophic.  There all just so tiny.  About the size of Final Destination.

(After Reading)
I really enjoy the detail that the levels have, especially this one.  They I hope you get to fight the length of the ship a variation as well.