Author Topic: Episode 13: The Unlucky One  (Read 4942 times)

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Episode 13: The Unlucky One
« on: December 18, 2011, 08:01:55 PM »

News and Rayman: Together in one convenient package!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/28732

Well, even without new ambassador games available when this episode was recorded, we still had a ton to talk about. Would you believe that Xenoblade is coming to America? Crazy, right? Also, would you believe that the new Rayman game is pretty darn good? I guess that is probably a yes. Scott talks with Zach and Andrew about all that jazz in this episode, which you will surely enjoy. 

There's also a contest! Send in your name suggestions for our quick 1-minute rant segment and you might win something! You can email them to us by clicking here. That same link also works for sending us any old question or comment. Please also review us on iTunes and we will be your best friend.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Episode 13: The Unlucky One
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 12:29:56 AM »
I have ZERO interest in cricket, but I would buy a Mario cricket game (though I would tend ask where is my Mario football game?)
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 05:17:59 AM »
Reading off the release calendar is nice, but the segment was rather lengthy. Also it was frustrating to hear when none of the panelists knew anything about a particular title. For the future, how about a standing rule that if anyone knows any information on an upcoming title, then that person will comment immediately if the person wants to share. If no one knows anything, then the show will bowl through the release list to the next item.

The Rayman segment was nice. I'll be sure to grab a copy for myself in the future.

Offline NWR_Karl

• Red Velvet
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 07:02:49 AM »
Aw, bummer. The segment that Jonny, Neal and I recorded got bumped this week. Hopefully they use it next time. I thought it went pretty well.
----
Karl Castaneda
Associated Raconteur

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »
Zach, that other Texas football team? It's the Dallas Cowboys.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 11:02:35 PM »
Quiet, you. I can't even think about football right now after the Packers lost to...Kansas City. There is no god.

Also, Enner, I totally understand where you're coming from. I don't do news at all, and we were kind of hoping Neal would be here because he knows more about probably all of these games.

*throws our site director under the bus*
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 01:40:44 AM »
Dick.

Also, don't worry. End goal is Super Bowl, Zach. Undefeated season would have been a nice cherry, but a Super Bowl win would be supreme.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 09:40:52 AM »
Not that I care too much about football, but I'm hoping this means the Packers won't try too hard on Sunday and embarrass the Bears.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 12:08:19 PM »
BTW, the game played in Alice in Wonderland is croquet, Cricket is kinda like Baseball. They got those paddle bats that some people use for bashing zombies.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 04:26:05 PM »
That's right, croquet. I'd rather play that then cricket.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 04:50:22 PM »
Funhouse Editorials.

I'll put it here.  I had it on twitter.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 07:48:30 PM »
For the one minute segment name, I propose you guys either go the lowest common denominator and call it Minute To Bitch It, or the classy Orwellian literary call-back route with One-Minute Hate. Bonus if the drop for the latter includes lines like "We've always been at war with Sony" or "Gamestop has always been our friend."

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »
I went with a reference to the Ambassador games for my suggestion, ironically.

RANT!
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 09:03:58 AM »
Doesn't the zip code you use have to match up with your billing information on the credit card?
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 04:08:35 PM »
I haven't played One Minute Hero but that would be fine if the name of the segment becomes an in reference to it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline pureval

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »
You were correct about what I was referencing with my entries. BTW my handle is pronounce "pure evil".

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 03:07:35 PM »
You were correct about what I was referencing with my entries. BTW my handle is pronounce "pure evil".

That makes sense! Sorry for being dumb.