Author Topic: GameCube disc cover won't close - Eject button stuck  (Read 8511 times)

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
GameCube disc cover won't close - Eject button stuck
« on: September 12, 2004, 07:26:52 AM »
One of my brothers accidently slammed the disk cover down too hard, and now it won't close at all. It seems the Eject button
is stuck- it won't let the cover close. Does anyone have a solution to this- either to 'unstuck' the button or to keep the cover down?

Thx,
bilditup1
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: GameCube disc cover won't close - Eject button stuck
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 05:26:21 PM »
I believe there was another thread like this a while ago, and im going to say exactly what i think Grey Ninja said: Duct tape

I think if you just put something on top on the lid to hold it down when you want to play, that'll work too. Did you try jiggling the button? that might work if its not stuck very hard.

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:GameCube disc cover won't close - Eject button stuck
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 01:05:22 PM »
Yeah, I know it still works with duct tape- was just looking for a more...permanent solution. I guess till then I'll just stick to putting the
game case on top of the GC while we're playing.  I did try wiggling the button btw, to no avail. Thx anyway, its all goot.

--bilditup1
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540