Author Topic: PSP's "Original Titles"  (Read 7014 times)

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: PSP's "Original Titles"
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2004, 03:32:27 AM »
Because they said it wouldn't be a 'port machine.' And look at their flagship game.... I don't have a problem with ports, I just don't buy them.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2004, 07:12:24 AM »
I don't recall that at all...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:PSP's "Original Titles"
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2004, 07:29:55 AM »

If Nintendo can do simple ports, and no one complains, why can't Sony do the same?

If Sony is doing connectivity with PSP and PS2 why arent people complaining, since everybody complained about Nintendo doing connectivity.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2004, 09:49:32 AM »
"Nintendo ports numerous games to Gmaeboy Advance and DS, and no one complains."

Ahaha, you must be joking...I think I'm the only user here that DOESN'T complain about ports... :\

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2004, 10:16:18 AM »
That's because it's Sony and the mainstream media will perpetuate (sp) the idea that if Sony does it, then it was either first done by Sony, or done better.  I for one have no immediate desire for a PSP, no games say "Buy me." and the idea of the connectivity between the PSP and PS2 and possibly PS3 is that the games will be nothing short of the same exact game, where you can transfer game data from one system to the other and pick up where you left off in either.  I find that more lazy than Nintendo porting old(er) games from their previous systems, because they are no perpetuating the idea that you are buying something new and different.

So what I am saying is, basically "Nintendo did it first, but Sony is going to get the credit for it because they own the mainstream media"
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2004, 10:37:58 AM »
No, what I got out of Nitsu's statement is that the MEDIA is the one that is biased, which is absolutely true...

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2004, 11:18:59 AM »
I'm not biased.  I own a PS2 and a XBox.  And if you or anybody else is going to quote something I say or anybody else for that matter, at least quote the entire sentence and not pick part of it to conform to what you want to say.  as you said:

Be Fair

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2004, 03:08:27 PM »
The media is not dumb?  That is a dumb statement.  The media will do whatever their sponsor says is the right thing to say.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2004, 02:26:58 AM »

Nintendo Gameboy Advance has been poting NES and Super NES games for several years now.

Just for sh!ts and giggles  I want you to name all the ports released (I could be a bitch and say non-enchnaced, but eh, I still win) versus the original titles released on the GBA. and please omit stuff like Madden 2005 GBA edition and crap like Soccer Kid, since Sports games would load the list and Soccer Kid just sucks, Use your judgement.

I think you will see what I'm talking about.  If you had just said "Nintendo" releases ports all over the place, you might have had a point, but they releases lots of original GBA titles too, even if scrubs ignore them and shout "port!  OMG PORT," but you said the GBA, And I know for a fact that Capcom has released 7 original titles under Megaman ALONE.

And the PSP deservingly gets called a port machine because it will not even port old games that some people might have missed.  They are released practically identical versions of the same games released on the PS2.  And I hope they don't act all surprised when their sales get cannibalized.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2004, 05:57:04 AM »
Well, they release a hardware that is very similar to the PS2 and is very easy to port to, if they complain about too many ports and too little genuine effort put into the games I'll point and laugh at them.

Offline LUEshi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2004, 10:59:58 AM »
They are original because they arent ports.
Life, Universe, and Everything.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2004, 10:49:44 PM »
Their flagship game is GT4, which IS a port. Maybe with slight alterations to suit the hardware better, but still.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2004, 03:25:04 AM »
yep, the people doing GT4 already said that the PSP version of GT is basically a port of GT4.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2004, 08:28:22 AM »
Sony wants you to play GT4 at home with the wheel and GT4 at work with the PSP. They offer you to transfer your saves between both versions. I wonder why there was no backlash like the "500$ FFCC" claims, after all Sony is expecting you to pay twice for the game.