Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 937442 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #2025 on: November 30, 2014, 03:00:37 AM »
Yeah, the Flyers are in bad shape right now, but we knew that going in. Basically no defense, beat up and underperforming (outside Voracek) offense. Ron Hextall came in as GM and had the guts to say "We're not good now, and I'm not going to trade away what we do have to try to be." It's a rebuilding year, which Philadelphia hasn't seen in a while. So you go ahead and enjoy your great regular season and your one playoff series in which the goalie you guys locked up long term falls apart like he always does in the postseason.

And the Browns, well, they don't have the toughest schedule the rest of the way either, because, as with the Steelers, they play the two worst divisions in the NFL because of the way the schedule worked out. They do have injuries piling up on defense, but the offense is finally getting back in shape. It could go a lot of ways, but hey, even if they lose out they've got the third best record since returning in '99, and a lot to be excited for going forward.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #2026 on: November 30, 2014, 03:16:28 AM »
So you go ahead and enjoy your great regular season and your one playoff series in which the goalie you guys locked up long term falls apart like he always does in the postseason.

Thank you. I will. Great thing about Fleury is that he has won a cup with the Penguins which is something no goalie has been able to do with the Flyers since 1975.

And the Browns, well, they don't have the toughest schedule the rest of the way either, because, as with the Steelers, they play the two worst divisions in the NFL because of the way the schedule worked out. They do have injuries piling up on defense, but the offense is finally getting back in shape. It could go a lot of ways, but hey, even if they lose out they've got the third best record since returning in '99, and a lot to be excited for going forward.

Yes, that is the problem. It could still go a lot of ways. Truthfully, when it comes to the Steelers, I'm not a huge diehard fan of theirs like you are with the Browns. Also, I'm not a fan of Rape-lisberger which is funny in a way since he's why I became a Steelers fan in the first place. Thus, I have mixed emotions with the success of the Steelers these days so I have more casual approach with them and I'm willing to root for some other teams in the league to win as well. But if I can use the Steelers to irk you, then by gum, I'll do it.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: November 30, 2014, 04:37:20 AM »
I had forgotten you were a Pittsburgh guy. I knew it from way back in the old hockey thread, but that was years and years ago.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: November 30, 2014, 02:44:20 PM »
I don't get why people would hold such a grudge against an 'anonymous' person on a niche forum dedicated to the enjoyment of a niche hobby. Life is too short to hold a grudge like that. I also never understood the people who made posts about leaving to make a statement on forum "politics".

I just want as many of us as possible to have fun and enjoy discussing our thoughts together.
You don't get it because you've never been wronged.

Vote Stratos

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: November 30, 2014, 03:08:25 PM »
I'm wronged by you every other mafia game. I just don't hold it against you.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: November 30, 2014, 03:12:53 PM »
No you're not, because it's just me getting revenge to make it even!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: December 03, 2014, 07:26:39 PM »
I'm trying to figure out who the abusive husband is in Ian Sane's relationship with Nintendo.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: December 03, 2014, 08:43:58 PM »
I'd like a turquoise gemstone added to my crown as king of these forums. It's December and that's the birthstone of this month. And I think it's time we changed the funhouse name. Maybe something like Ubisoft Abuse Shelter or would Wii U Abuse Shelter be more appropriate now?

Now, I'll take my customary victory lap through these forums and see you all tomorrow.

And if you aren't staying on top of these forums like I do, then you may want to go to Talkback and the Downfall of Ubisoft thread to catch up with what is happening.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: December 03, 2014, 10:11:51 PM »
I'm trying to figure out who the abusive husband is in Ian Sane's relationship with Nintendo.

There is no rule that say they aren't mutually abusing each other.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: December 03, 2014, 10:27:47 PM »
*gasp* Is that my name in the bright lights of the Funhouse title?

I've finally made it, ma! Your little girl boy is finally a STAR!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:34:05 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: December 03, 2014, 10:41:05 PM »

I've finally made it, ma! Your little boy girl is finally a STAR!

It's about damn time son. Took you long enough.

Not to rain on your little parade, but I had my name on the Funhouse first ;)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: December 04, 2014, 10:16:05 AM »

Yeah but that's just because you've been dominant for so long on these forums. I didn't want to step on your toes. Plus, I've had a long battle with the mods who have been trying to contain me and keep me down whereas you've been able to have friendly relations with them from the start. But I guess I finally won that war of attrition.

However, the message is clearly that the mods want this section of the forum to be filled with Khushrenada threads and I think I can fulfill that request. Mission accepted.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: December 04, 2014, 03:31:43 PM »

Yeah but that's just because you've been dominant for so long on these forums. I didn't want to step on your toes. Plus, I've had a long battle with the mods who have been trying to contain me and keep me down whereas you've been able to have friendly relations with them from the start. But I guess I finally won that war of attrition.

However, the message is clearly that the mods want this section of the forum to be filled with Khushrenada threads and I think I can fulfill that request. Mission accepted.
Tsk, amateurs... I got the funhouse renamed with one of my first posts :D

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: December 05, 2014, 05:34:00 AM »
Spambots posting in French is a refreshing change of pace.

J.P. Corbran

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: December 05, 2014, 01:19:36 PM »
Spambots posting in French is a refreshing change of pace.
Oh lala.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: December 06, 2014, 04:28:16 AM »
And now we're getting them in German! Truly, we have entered a golden age of spambots on these forums.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: December 06, 2014, 12:50:50 PM »
Hooray for diversity!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: December 06, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »
Well, this is Nintendo World Report. They're going for world wide appeal.

Also the best way to end a Zelda debate on twitter is to direct your opponent to your Skyward Sword rant on Reader Reviews.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: December 08, 2014, 09:21:03 AM »

Probably the only time outside of testing anyone has bothered to connect 7 Wii Remotes at once for Smash. ;)

I'm confused though, I thought the device limit for Bluetooth was 7... how'd they get around it for 8?
Unclebob, I don't see the Zelda remote there.
You have failed us.

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: December 08, 2014, 01:21:29 PM »
He also doesn't seem to know how bluetooth works.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: December 08, 2014, 07:37:52 PM »
He also doesn't seem to know how bluetooth works.
You're right.  Which is why I used a phrase like "I thought" to denote that it was my understanding of the process instead of "This is how it is."  I thought it was a limit of seven devices to a piconet - in this case, the Wii U system and seven controllers make up the piconet - which would be eight devices.  I am not sure on this, thus I asked.

And for the record, I do have the Zelda controller (and matching nunchuk/classic controller) - but it's safe and tidy in the box.  It's not like I'm hurting for Wii Remotes that I ever needed to use it.  I have a dozen or so of 'em. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: December 08, 2014, 07:50:36 PM »
No, there's 7 connections to one master (does not count as 8 devices since it's 7:1 or 1:7). The Wii U console doesn't connect to itself. It is a limit of 7 devices, the GamePad connects via WiFi.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: December 11, 2014, 02:24:47 AM »
Oh crap! The spambot is everywhere! It's invaded 4 forums already.

Maybe if we all just stay real quiet here in the funhouse and don't say anything, it will pass by and we'll be alright.

It's right behind me, isn't it?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: December 11, 2014, 05:48:55 AM »
I am behind you.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: December 11, 2014, 10:19:24 AM »
I'm not sure that's comforting news.