Author Topic: Predict the Rev's hardware specs.  (Read 3841 times)

Offline bmfrosty

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Predict the Rev's hardware specs.
« on: June 07, 2005, 10:59:42 AM »
Whoever gets it closest gets a cookie.  All we care about is the processor speeds and number of cores, and the amounts and types of RAM.

3ghz Single Core Broadway processor
600Mhz Hollywood GPU
150Mhz Sound Core
192MB 1T-SRAM
128MB DDR SDRAM  

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Predict the Rev's hardware specs. Win a Cookie.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 11:14:32 AM »
I predict the processor with be 256 bit.

Offline Grant10k

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 11:19:50 AM »
3000 core (1Mhz each) Broadway processor
7Thz Hollywood GPU
1Ghz PPU capable of 4 gravites per second.
No onboard ram, it will use Sony memory stick instead
A 512MB DDR game
I would like my cookie in advance.
 Without data, you're just another schmuck with an opinion.
     -Chris Anderson, TEC speaker

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 12:19:22 PM »
Modified 7457-based PPC Dual 1.5 Ghz Broadway processors
Custom ATI "Hollywood" GPU based on the Mobility Radeon X800 with dual monitor support (DVI-out and Component Video Out on system, includes optional Component to RCA connector to support non-HDTV users)
Surround Sound Support for 5.1 and 6.1 configurations (DTS and Pro Logic 2)
512 MB 1T-SRAM
512 MB Internal non-volatile Flash memory
Dual Expansion bays with support for add-ons. At launch the offered addons will be a DVD-player addon and a Wired 100-BaseT Ethernet Addon. Futures addons may include a small form factor hard drive addon and a PPU Card addon.  

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 12:31:14 PM »
About the controller:

Designed loosely around the Wavebird, but slightly heavier, the controller will be wireless, bluetooth, with a battery and include force feedback support. In addition to the standard control scheme of the Gamecube, the controller will also have gyroscopic/haptic support, extra grip triggers (labeled M and S). The start button will be moved slightly to the right to support the addition of a select button (which will generally be used for backwards compatibility. On the back will be a small B&W LCD screen and a D-Pad concealed behind a panel that will allow the user to set controller ID number.

Perhaps most interesting, the controller will feature a 16 Mbit non-volatile flash memory chip, allowing a user to personally customize the controller's sensitivity and transfer certain user-specific game data across multiple machines.

About Price:

Releasing at midnight, November 1, 2006, the Revolution will come in three potential configuarions.

System + 1 Controller = $199
System + 2 Controllers + DVD Addon + Remote = $249
System + 2 Controllers + DVD Addon + Remote + Super Smash Brothers Online + Bonus $40 Mario.Net ROM Download Card = $299.99

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 01:46:04 PM »
It seems you don't know how things work around here. There's a pecking order to the cookie-giving-out that you apparently don't respect... but it matters not. The cookie you give out shall be summarily replaced with a Cookie of Lamentation, and the hideous chocolate chips of your actions shall haunt the cookie dough of your soul unto the oven of eternal despair. And when your world falls apart and you wake up screaming in the middle of the night and agonize over what you have done, over the betrayed expression on the face of the naive fool who won your pitifully obvious cookie-stealing ruse of a contest, you shall remember me, and you shall rue the day you crossed paths with the SuperCookieExpert.

As for predictions... hmmm. I predict:

The controller glows blue somewhere, like the console.
Nintendo's hints are actually what they seem and the specs won't impress anybody.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 07:14:56 PM »
I don't think Nintendo will launch with more than one system package.  It will already have low production numbers as seems the case for all launchs.  Splitting that into different packages just means too much hassle.  

I am willing to bet the cost will be around $200-$249, and come with 10 free game downloads.  

I also predict the system will be available before November...I am willing to bet the system will be available by September or launch in September.

The date the system launchs really isn't a big deal.  It will sell at Christmas if its launched in the Summer or November, or anywhere inbetween.  I am willing to bet an unconventional system launch will occur and Nintendo will launch as soon as they can get 2 launch games ready and a few 3rd party games ready.  Nintendo will then heavly focus on the download feature to sell the system until Christmas when 2 more first party games will be launched.

Launch games will be:

Mario Revolution
Smash Brothers REvolution

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 07:49:57 PM »
CPU:               Custom four core G5 based Broadway processor running @ 2.8 Ghz 4MB of cache (1MB per core)

GPU:               Dual core R500 series ATI Hollywood processor running @ 700mhz 16MB of embedded RAM (Frame Buffer)

Sound Chip:    Custom DSP (Sound Processor) running at 175mhz  256 3D Sound Channels

Main RAM:       512MB of second generation 1T-SRAM

Auxiliary RAM: 256MB of first generation 1T-SRAM

Medium:          Custom 12cm Optical Disk 27GB maximum storage capacity (three layer disc, 9GB per layer)
                      Gamecube 8cm Optical Disk 1.58 GB maximum storage capacity (single layer)

Controller:       1 D-pad, 2 analog sticks, 6 face buttons, Select and Start Buttons, Left and Right shoulder buttons(with click feature),Two triggers.  
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 08:35:25 PM »
CPU based on the PPC family of chips, 90nm. 1.8 GHz. Single core and out-of-order execution support. 512kB cache (256k instruction/256k data)
GPU Ati, R6xx derivative, exact model number unknown. 450MHz Core, 450 MHz RAM (+DDR)

256MB RAM (sorry, I don't know the RAM buzzword list). 450MHz clock +DDR. Pluss additional smaller "RAM"s for sound and video processors.

Minimal latency design, no severe bottlenecks.

+DDR means the "doubling" that DDR brings (that's actually just added by PR) isn't included yet, if you want to compare that to marketing numbers double it.

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 08:46:09 PM »
The Rev's hardware specs will be better than the Gamecube's. Where's my cookie?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 08:54:01 PM »
Firefox: Tools->Options->Privacy->Cookies->Stored Cookies.
Internet Explorer: C:\Documents and settings\%Username%\Cookies

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Predict the Rev's hardware specs. Win a Cookie.
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 10:57:03 PM »
512MB Flash Memory
500 Mhz ATI GPU
Dual core IBM 3.2 GHZ CPU
Single core PPU with 16 MB RAM

Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 12:42:31 AM »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 01:56:11 AM »
<INSERT ACTUAL HARDWARE SPECS HERE>

I want an oatmeal cookie.........O_-

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 01:08:33 PM »
toaster add-on
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine