Author Topic: Amazing Deals!  (Read 1054985 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals!
« Reply #2100 on: July 18, 2010, 10:45:38 AM »
Has anyone heard about any special offers for when you buy a Wii system?

Nintendo Wii Console w/ Wii Sports & Bonus Choice of Game for $179 (plus $0.97 shipping)

It's the white system w/o Wii Sports Resort or MotionPlus.  However, you could always choose to get Wii Sports Resort and save $20.  (There are another 30 games to choose from, most of which are "must haves".)  Good deal as long as you're happy with a white system.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Deals for DS & GBA
« Reply #2101 on: July 18, 2010, 10:56:32 AM »
What's it cost to ship a half dozen DS games to the United States?  We might need to put in a bulk order for the forums.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 18, 2010, 03:28:33 PM »
I don't care about the colour because I'd be replacing a broken system.

Though I discovered that copying one system's data to another is... a lot more complex than I thought. It's because each Wii system uses slightly different encryption and decryption when writing to and reading from the internal memory. So I would have to alter the data to match the encryption of the system I want to move it to, which I have no idea how to do. Nintendo sure went out of its way to prevent copying data...

That is a good deal though...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 18, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »
What's it cost to ship a half dozen DS games to the United States?  We might need to put in a bulk order for the forums.

If that's going to happen, I'm in.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 18, 2010, 09:26:20 PM »
Also in.  Please let this happen.

EDIT: Wait. Time out. Is this the first game that was released in japan or the sequel?  I imported the first one and it's easily my most played DS game so I don't really need another copy...I'm trying to find out which one it is but and on an iPod touch with shaky wifi and it's a terrible experience all around.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 09:33:22 PM by KnowsNothing »
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 18, 2010, 09:34:27 PM »
I'm guessing by the time we factor in international shipping, shipping to each individual purchaser and a couple of PayPal transaction fees we're talking like $20 per person.  Still interested?

Wait. Time out. Is this the first game that was released in japan or the sequel?  I imported the first one and it's easily my most played DS game so I don't really need another copy...I'm trying to find out which one it is but and on an iPod touch with shaky wifi and it's a terrible experience all around.

It's the Europe version.  From what I understand it's mostly the second game.  I'm not sure how the DLC would work.  The NWR staff just did a mass import so hopefully they can confirm that we would be able to download new songs even though we're in America.

EDIT:  Looks like you can buy a brand new copy on eBay for like $22 w/ shipping included.  Might just be cheaper and easier for everyone to go that route.   :-\
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 09:39:08 PM by vudu »

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 18, 2010, 09:59:33 PM »
Thanks for the info vudu. I knew it was the euro version but I didn't know which songs were in it. As for the eBay option, I really despise the company and as long as the cost remains relatively similar I'm still fine with amazon. It'll be faster, I'll know the copy is legit, and honestly I have just as much faith in my interweb e-pals as I do with eBay so I'm not too worried about getting screwed.  It's really up to the cost and if people are willing to do put up with the hassle of local and long distance shipping. Also I think if you label the transfer as a gift there won't be any paypal fees. Not positive though.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: July 19, 2010, 05:41:58 AM »
Has anyone heard about any special offers for when you buy a Wii system?

Nintendo Wii Console w/ Wii Sports & Bonus Choice of Game for $179 (plus $0.97 shipping)

It's the white system w/o Wii Sports Resort or MotionPlus.  However, you could always choose to get Wii Sports Resort and save $20.  (There are another 30 games to choose from, most of which are "must haves".)  Good deal as long as you're happy with a white system.

That sounded like a good deal until you got to the $0.97 shipping part. That's how they always get you... well, I never buy anything unless its FREE SHIPPING.

(I'm just joking, btw. I don't really believe that, but sadly there are many who do.)
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 19, 2010, 03:17:02 PM »
97 CENT SHIPPING....GOOD LAAAWD THAT'S A LOTTA MONEY!!!!

How bout I give you a shiny nickel, a forever stamp and this metal Levi's jeans button and you give me some free shippin!?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2109 on: July 19, 2010, 03:51:25 PM »
I doubt they will keep that deal for another month or so,  I need to get a new Wii but I don't have the money right now.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: July 19, 2010, 06:14:35 PM »
Actually, thinking about it, with tax that deal is only a few dollars cheaper than buying a system on Amazon. The only game from those selectable that I would want are Wii Sport Resort and Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics; one would come with the Amazon bundle and the other has been out long enough now that I think I could find it cheap.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2111 on: July 19, 2010, 06:20:23 PM »
If you live in New York, you get the full savings (because sales tax applies to online purchases too). I see a bunch of games on that list I would want.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: July 20, 2010, 05:43:51 PM »
http://product.half.ebay.com/Metroid-Prime-Trilogy-Wii-2009_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ73353632

I'm not sure if this counts as an "amazing deal" or not, but I thought I would point out that Metroid Prime Trilogy is being sold on half.com for reasonable prices. I say reasonable, because this is a limited edition collector's edition game that was discontinued by Nintendo fairly early on so if you can get it new or used for $50 or less than that is an excellent deal and a few sellers there are selling it sub-$50 so that's about as good as you can expect for it these days.
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: July 21, 2010, 12:44:55 AM »
Sub $50 prices are extremely common on eBay. I have my doubts that the game will ever be worth more than it is now. It still reached a high enough sales threshold to avoid crazy prices in the future.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: July 22, 2010, 01:31:37 PM »
I got 1 day only codes for ToysRus.com

40% off all game accessories: Apply code 939418
$10 off any order over $50: Stack code 937237

CCPro goes from 19.99 to $11.99

People were using this to preorder MS Kinect(< $100 shipped), but it didn't work for me (I was trying to test it).
It also didn't work on Sony Move either, but you can try.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: July 22, 2010, 01:36:16 PM »
CCPro goes from 19.99 to $11.99

Which wouldn't be bad if it weren't for the $5 shipping cost.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2116 on: July 22, 2010, 01:55:22 PM »
The 40% off all video game accessories is good in person too, you just need to print out the coupon.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 22, 2010, 10:09:38 PM »
40% of $50 is $30, right? Maybe it's time I get that pink Wiimote...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2118 on: July 23, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »
Correct, the item would be $30. The deal is over now though as that was a one-day deal yesterday (maybe you bought it in time though).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: July 23, 2010, 01:55:35 PM »
what you should have done is take the $10 odd the $50 wiimote and then take the 40% off

you might've gotten it for $24 + tax (1/2 off)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: July 23, 2010, 08:15:04 PM »
Nah I didn't buy it. Though the total would have been $49.99 so it probably wouldn't be eligible for the "Over $50" promotion.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: July 24, 2010, 07:38:01 AM »
I saw a bundle at Costco including a black Wiimote + Motion Plus + Nunchuck. I was in a hurry so I didn't get to see a price, but it was all in the same box. Anyone familiar with this deal? It was all in the same Nintendo extra large remote box, not just the separate items in a blister pack or something.

~
Just found it online on the Sam's Club website. Looks like it's running for $60. So you're saving $20 total from buying them separately: 'Mote:$40, M+:$20, 'Chuck:$20 = $80. I was in the market for a 4th of everything and I was wanting all of them in black so I could have 2 white and 2 black complete remotes.

Looks like some 3rd party sellers on Amazon are also offering the same bundle for the same price.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 07:42:51 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: July 24, 2010, 09:40:31 PM »
You're only saving $10. You cannot purchase a Wii Remote without M+ nowadays, which puts that at $50. The solo Nunchuck runs for $20.

Still, that's better than nothing. I'm willing to bet that you can find the individual components even cheaper online though.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #2123 on: July 28, 2010, 08:38:22 PM »
Everybody who wants in on the deal, check here.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #2124 on: July 30, 2010, 03:10:44 PM »
Just a heads up that the Amazon credit for Super Mario Galaxy 2 expires tomorrow.  I just applied it to Metroid: Other M, which has another $20 credit.  I also signed up for the free Amazon Prime for students and found that they also guarantee free release date delivery!
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report