Author Topic: Cowboy Bebop: Spike's Past  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Andu_Tros

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Cowboy Bebop: Spike's Past
« on: June 15, 2003, 03:16:13 PM »
Well, I just finished watching the entire series of Cowboy Bebop thanks to a friend letting me borrow the entire series.  Anyhoo now I'm confused about Spike's past.  I know he used to be part of the Red Dragon Syndicate, I know he had a love named Julia and they were going to run away together.  I know he lost one of his eyes in some un-named accident and I know he and Vicious used to be comrades and then became enemies.  What I'm trying to figure out is that dream Spike has (at least twice) about being on an operating table surrounded by people with tubes containing human organs around the walls of the room and the comment Spike and Vicious both trade back and forth with eachother "only I can kill you and ease you of your burden."  Lastly, what was the whole "dream" about?  His last words to Feye is "I want to know if I'm really alive."  Can someone explain any of this to me?  Every little piece helps.
*sigh*...sometimes I wish I was the lifeguard of the genepool..."All stupid people out, NOW!!"

Offline Tman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 06:54:37 PM »
Read this

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 02:30:08 AM »
Woah.  I shouldn't have read this post.  I haven't seen the whole series yet and am up to session 21.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 09:13:34 AM »
You've probably figured it out by now, but if you have any other questions. . .

Cowboy Bebop is my favorite show of all time; I've seen sessions 1-27, the movie, even some of the manga (I'm not big on anime/manga; this is an exception).  I don't want to seem obsessed, but I have a very good memory for books and movies, so just ask and I amy know.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 01:56:18 PM »
I actually just watched the whole series recently, which is unusual, as I hate cowboys, and I hate westerns.  Even more unusual, I actually liked the show.  

Don't get me wrong, I didn't give a crap about Spike's past, or the bounties or any of that crap.  I liked the stoner jokes...  I didn't know that Japan had stoner shows until I watched Cowboy Bepop, and I was just laughing my ass off the whole time.  The episode with the lobster, and the episode with the mushrooms were by far the best.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 04:17:17 PM »
Cowboy Bebop doesn't strike me as a Western type show.  Well, in a sense it is.  It's more focused on western culture (U.S., Europe, etc.) than most anime.  It doesn't have any of that embarrassed-fall-down and nose-bleed-when-you're-horny stuff.  I hate that.

Yeah, the funny Cowboy Bebop episodes are hysterical.  I like all of them, but those are very good.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>