Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199307 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #4175 on: August 28, 2017, 07:21:12 PM »
Well as far as we know, the Sand Snakes are still alive, so maybe there's more to that story to come.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: August 29, 2017, 07:44:40 PM »
Well as far as we know, the Sand Snakes are still alive, so maybe there's more to that story to come.

Only one for sure alive is Elaria Sand. Too much time has passed for the last daughter of Oberyn, as the poison would have killed her by now. We saw the bodies of the other two at the end of the battle where Euron killed them.
I actually thought that Bronn and Jamie might have saved them because of their history and a desire to counteract Cersei's craziness, but unless it happened off-screen, the only one left is Elaria.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 07:46:48 PM by Donkos Kong »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: August 29, 2017, 07:49:29 PM »
Finished Defenders, it was a blast. I need to compile a large review of all the Netflix shows since I have finished them all, but had fun with the show.

Makes me excited for all of the upcoming new seasons of the separate shows, and a hope the next Defender series comes soon.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: September 06, 2017, 12:19:10 AM »
I'm getting into The Tick! It's kind of its own animal compared to the cartoon or the older show, but darn if it isn't still entertaining.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: September 06, 2017, 12:42:40 PM »
The Tick animated is just great, a real childhood classic. It does suffer from repeating a joke or catch phrase like SPOON and that whatever animal they picked up.

The live show is pretty good but they don't do much super heroing no doubt due to budgetary limits. It was mostly mocking superheroes in their down time sitting in a dinner. It's a real shame we don't have more Tick to watch.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: September 06, 2017, 08:03:37 PM »
Wait, there is a new show... Do you refuse to acknowledge the new show? Is this a Matrix Sequels thing?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: September 06, 2017, 08:18:04 PM »
Patrick Warburton will always be The Tick.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: September 06, 2017, 11:02:01 PM »
I was skeptical of the new Tick until I learned Warburton was a producer on it. That means he gives it his blessing, and it really seems to be a great modernization of the classic Tick ideas. I loved the old live and animated shows.

Been waiting to clear some other shows of of my docket before diving into this series, so I'll probably dig in in the next couple of weeks.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: September 06, 2017, 11:33:03 PM »
It's a fast watch, only six episodes.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: September 07, 2017, 01:10:59 AM »
I watched it all in one sitting.... and when it was over, I was ready for more episodes.

I like all 3 version of The Tick, from the old cartoon, to the old TV show, to the new Amazon exclusive.
I'm sure the cartoon does not hold up well today, but it lives on in infamy in my childhood memories, where I shall let it stay.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4185 on: September 07, 2017, 11:38:25 PM »
I watched it all in one sitting.... and when it was over, I was ready for more episodes.

I like all 3 version of The Tick, from the old cartoon, to the old TV show, to the new Amazon exclusive.
I'm sure the cartoon does not hold up well today, but it lives on in infamy in my childhood memories, where I shall let it stay.

Good Idea. I bought Season One of Darkwing Duck. Does not hold up as well. At least early episodes.

That show is particularly dear to me because it was the first show whose premier I anticipated because of advertising.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: September 07, 2017, 11:43:20 PM »
That's a pity for Darkwing. I've not seen any episodes in a long time, so I wonder if I'm more in love with the concept of DW than the show itself. It was very smart in how it teased super hero tropes before that was really its own thing (similar to Tick I suppose).

But I'm sure a number of our nostalgic shows don't hold up because all of them had filler episodes and "trope" episodes where a character learns a cheesy life lesson in a lame and heavy-handed manner.

Even Ducktales had some stinker episodes, and we really stick that up on a pedestal among classic shows.
My Game Collection

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4187 on: September 07, 2017, 11:52:55 PM »
Well you know it takes a season to get great usually. Specialky cartoons.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: September 10, 2017, 07:33:52 PM »
Just got into the Ozarks on Netflix.

Jason Bateman is a money launder for a Mexican cartel and has to bust his ass to save his and his family's life. So far pretty good, but I think I might have come in with higher expectations than I should have, since I was told it was the "new breaking bad". Not that the quality isn't there, but I'm guessing it's more a subject matter thing, drugs, money, etc etc.

I only finished the 1st 7 of 10 episodes, but so far I'm into it. Will update upon completion.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: September 16, 2017, 10:51:35 AM »
Finally started watching the Tick. While I am not fond of the new character "Realistic" design or lack of absurd bulk and the weak of bass compared to Patrick's or the cartoon voices I generally like this.

It had me when I heard the line "They were blinded by weaponized syphilis and shot to death".
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: September 16, 2017, 01:02:07 PM »
I finished the Ozarks, it was good. NOt on the level some hyped it, but still good. Can't fault it for not being able to edge out one of my Top 5 TV shows... and only in it's first season. It has potential, but I just say I look forward to a season 2. It'll be interesting to see how things play out.

But I came in here to show some love to One-Punch Man
LOL this anime is pretty fucking funny. I'm only in ep5, but I'm already hooked. I just wish Netflix had an English dub so I could spend more time watching the animation and less time reading the dialogue. Its kinda like if Goku was always in "Ultra" Saiyan mode, but didn't know it, didn't care, and was only worried about if people knew who he was and that they weren't actively trying to ruin his day.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4191 on: September 17, 2017, 07:47:58 PM »
The english dub aired on Toonami, and I really enjoyed it despite not watching it consistently.  I recently got into the manga and love it.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: September 22, 2017, 01:23:49 AM »
The Orville is pretty fantastic. Not what I expected. I expected goofy Star Trek parody, I get Star Trek with an edge.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: September 22, 2017, 01:56:19 AM »
The Orville is pretty fantastic. Not what I expected. I expected goofy Star Trek parody, I get Star Trek with an edge.

I heard it was a Dramedy... minus the comedy, and actually all drama.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: September 22, 2017, 03:31:17 AM »
Episode 3 is on par with any Deep Space Nine episode. I would describe the show as just like Deep Space Nine with an occasional explicit sex reference and maybe some weed. They go just a bit further adult wise than Star Trek would go.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: September 22, 2017, 04:56:35 AM »
I think it's still finding its footing around the tone it's trying to work out, but there is definite hints towards DS9 in there somewhere. It's light, airy, the music is very uplifting, and its general feeling of positivity is great compared to "dark" lately.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: September 24, 2017, 12:01:59 AM »
Catching up on Walking Dead with the Mrs, and I got to say, its not quite as bad as some people were saying. Though we are only on episode 8/9 (S7) so maybe it will get worse as we progress.

It may also be a benefit of binge-ing as the stories aren't as isolated when you watch 2-3 at the same time. Only real stinker so far seems to be the Seaside episode.
My Game Collection

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: September 24, 2017, 09:18:26 AM »
Seaside is probably the worst episode of the entire series. Everything is better after that episode.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: September 27, 2017, 02:59:10 PM »
I finally watched the pilot for Star Trek: Discovery, and I liked it enough to reluctantly subscribe to CBS's stupid streaming platform to get the rest of it, even though I'll hate myself for it. I like the aesthetic a lot, especially the sound, which they got perfect, and the few characters that got any real screen time seemed good. The Klingon storyline they're setting up seems like it could be pretty good, and I trust Nicholas Meyer to get things right.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: September 27, 2017, 03:05:03 PM »
Actually, about that show:

Who the hell decided it was a good idea to send the Captain and the XO on an inevitably heavy combat mission. ALONE?? What the hell???

Surely someone there would have been intelligent enough to have left the Captain and XO in comparative safety on the ship they're, ya know, supposed to be running and send a group of trained and appropriately armed and amoured soldiers instead? They would have done what, a couple of weeks of basic hand to hand and weapons training before being shoved back off to the classroom?