Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199338 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #4025 on: December 07, 2016, 01:44:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure Elise is dead but if she's not, then she'll somehow find the head of security who was abducted by the native hosts. It's also possible that Elise was behind the abduction. Either way, she'll team up with the head of security to take the park back or warn the rest of the parks or world somehow.
but here is something do in the meantime (page won't load for me, so I'm not sure what is there)
https://discoverwestworld.com/

and then there is this:
http://www.delosincorporated.com/

http://delosincorporated.com/video/intra/tablet.mp4

http://delosincorporated.com/assets/transmission.mp4

I don't if that means anything, but it comes from those links.

and for those that may be worried that season 2 won't be like season 1....
Well, they already planned out the next 5 seasons, so they know exactly how things will go from here.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/08/westworld-plan
Nice, links are spoiler BTW. Nice how they have fucked up the website..
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: December 09, 2016, 04:46:09 AM »
Agents of SHIELD end the mid season with another banger.

best season of the show so far. All episodes have been great. Ghost Rider has been great too.
2nd half comes back Jan 10th, and Yo-Yo is getting a 6pt digital mini series starting Dec 13th
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNs9ZIHAVAy/
I am rather disappointed that another AI is going to go rampant. Can we please get something that is not by the numbers please. After Watching West World I am a little bit less charitable with other shows.

What is the deal with Super Girl? Is it on Christmas hiatus?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: December 09, 2016, 11:38:17 AM »
I on the other hand am very interested to see where AoS goes with this. This whole season so far has been on point, so I'm hoping they can continue to build on that.

As for Supergirl, the episode before the crossover was the winter finale.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: December 09, 2016, 01:23:34 PM »
I do hope Ultron comes back. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: December 09, 2016, 08:50:26 PM »
I do hope Ultron comes back. 

One reason why I'm very interesting in the 2nd half of AoS. Seeing how being at 10pm has allowed them to get a little darker in subject matter and imagery, the new subtitle L.M.D., and AIDA attempting to replace everyone with androids could get very interesting very quickly, and this season has already not only been the best season of AoS yet, but the best "Superhero/Comic" show on TV for all of 2016. I'm hoping they can push that through 2017 as well.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: December 10, 2016, 03:10:28 AM »
It would be amazing if James Spader was announced as joining.  Since we're dealing with LMDs there could have James Spader himself as Ultron rather than the robot body.  It would be perfect.

Since James mocapped Ultron from the movie all his mannerisms, gestures and expressions and obviously voice would natually be expressed in person.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: December 10, 2016, 04:03:44 AM »
5 minutes into the latest Walking Dead episode *You dumb ***** and ughh.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: December 10, 2016, 12:14:50 PM »
5 minutes into the latest Walking Dead episode *You dumb ***** and ughh.

was the one with Carl and Jesus in the back of the truck?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: December 10, 2016, 09:43:25 PM »
Yes. Not as bad as the last episode, but it felt like it wasted my time.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: December 10, 2016, 11:59:30 PM »
When avgn's friend posted his insane mario paint-animated, frame-by-frame version of the tmnt intro, i looked the show up on youtube and started watching it from the very beginning. Man, what a great show and constantly cracking me up. Quality is still good so far in s3. There was one where Shredder starts talking and acting like Michaelangelo. That's my all-time fave.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4035 on: December 13, 2016, 06:35:20 AM »
You know what was a real waste of time? The Last man on earth episode. Nothing that moved the plot forward happened.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: December 13, 2016, 07:13:18 AM »
The Walking Dead has this amazing ability to kill people yet nothing happens for the stupidest reasons, repeatedly. Whatever goodwill it had from the start of the season is gone.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: December 13, 2016, 07:46:03 AM »
This last episode of walking dead I broke into chunks. It was one of those episodes that followed too many people. About 15 minutes in I decided to go upstairs and program. Then I came down and remembered my dvr was on pause. I watched a little bit more. Made some dinner. Turned on the news. Did that for a little bit. Then I finished the episode. Really, only that last part of the episode mattered much.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: December 22, 2016, 08:47:12 PM »
Planet Earth II

This isn't just the best documentary I've ever seen. It's the best show I've ever seen.

11/10
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: December 23, 2016, 09:54:58 PM »
Since I finished Westworld this morning I'm all on that train. Started a thread for us to not have to have walls of text spoilered in the other threads.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: January 25, 2017, 03:12:14 AM »
Another good AoS episode.

AoS is clearly leading the comicbook show pack this season. no contest. no debate.

I can't put a list together at the moment, but where do you guys rank the current crop of comic book shows? You got a Top 5? Top 10?

and I suppose this may be a partial list in no particular order:
Agents of SHIELD
Luke Cage
Arrow
The Flash
Gotham
Supergirl
Legends of Tomorrow
The Walking Dead
Lucifer (I haven't watched this one)
Fear the Walking Dead

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: January 25, 2017, 05:57:50 AM »
Lucifer is completely and utterly ridiculous, but the actors just jumped head first into it and is just a really funny show to just soak up because of it.

In terms of a primary storyline, AOS would win but in terms of just wanting the characters to hang out and watch the insanity unfold (which occasionally does... in the recent episode, Maze was sitting in Chloe's bedroom, munching on popcorn watching her have a sex dream) then Lucifer is better than all you listed.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: January 26, 2017, 06:31:55 AM »
But where do you guys rank the current crop of comic book shows? You got a Top 5? Top 10?

Agents of Shield far and away at number one.
Then several thousand empty spaces as placeholders for other Marvel shows.
Then all the DC shows down at the bottom. 

I just wish I didn't have this horrific compulsion to watch super hero shows.  Legends of Tomorrow was the only decent DC show this week in my opinion and that was because of all the Star Wars stuff.  Flash was alright.  Supergirl was forgettable and Arrow was abysmal. 

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: January 26, 2017, 09:50:31 AM »
I've fallen out of the superhero shows as they all have seemed to go downhill as the seasons progressed, but I would say iZombie has far and away the best writing of any of the comic book shows.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: January 30, 2017, 11:07:15 PM »
Another good AoS episode.

AoS is clearly leading the comicbook show pack this season. no contest. no debate.

I can't put a list together at the moment, but where do you guys rank the current crop of comic book shows? You got a Top 5? Top 10?

and I suppose this may be a partial list in no particular order:
Agents of SHIELD
Luke Cage
Arrow
The Flash
Gotham
Supergirl
Legends of Tomorrow
The Walking Dead
Lucifer (I haven't watched this one)
Fear the Walking Dead

Currently watching none of them. I haven't tuned in to any episodes of Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow or Supergirl and haven't come around to starting any of the others you've got listed there. Normally I'd have some stuff to comment on but not right now. I may try catching up on them at some point but I'm watching more movies and playing games a bit more while doing some other activities. I've been catching up on some other things like Black Mirror, Mr. Robot, True Detective Season 2, Sherlock Season 4, Orphan Black, Unreal and a couple others. Only stuff I'm staying up to date on at the moment are Jeopardy, Survivor, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Last Man on Earth and Tosh.0. Still thinking about diving into House of Cards, The Americans, 30 Rock, The Good Place and Westworld yet all of which I have yet to see. And there's still other shows like The Wire or Twin Peaks I've yet to get around to seeing after airing years ago.

Plenty of stuff to watch and, unfortunately, the superhero shows just aren't delivering the entertainment I used to get out of them as well as creating too much eye-rolling half-baked drama. They really need to tighten up the writing on the shows. I'm not expecting Mad Men / Breaking Bad writing here but something Star Trek: TNG would be nice. Even Enterprise level I'll take. So, for now, I'm taking a break until I miss it enough to jump into them again. Maybe I'll finally give Gotham a whirl although BnM seems to be the only person I ever come across who's quite positive on the show. It's that positivity that keeps me from dismissing it although the sting of The Mentalist Red John mystery still keeps me away from Gotham with Heller behind it.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: January 31, 2017, 01:09:10 AM »
AoS S4 I can vouch for as a legitimately good season. probably best of the show so far.

Gotham... this is a guilty pleasure that happens to be HAMMY as ****. But you have to be able to accept this show for what it is, and just go with it. It's entertaining once you stop expecting it to be something it's not.
The villains are where it's at on this show... and Bullock, but he barely has much screen time in the latest season. And honestly, this Joker has potential to be the best live action joker we've seen yet. (Leto Joker is not even in the conversation)

Arrow... big step up from last season, but that's not giving it any praise.
The Flash... doing the running man? does that describe where this show as gone?
LoT... I keep watching this show, but I'm really just not that into it.
Supergirl... I keep wanting to really like this show, but I continue to just kinda like it enough to hope it gets better at some point. Waiting for the EPIC crossovers I guess. but they are too big for TV budgets. my expectations are in point for what to expect from the Arrowverse budget wise.Lead actress is cute though... I guess that helps.

Overall the Arrowverse is better realized (IMO) than the DCCU at this point.

TWD... I'm not even sure what to say about this show this season. I haven't read the comics, so I have no idea where they are going with the story, but I wish they would hurry up and get there, or at least make significant moves towards building up something.

FTWD... ehh, it's watchable, but nothing I would go out of my way for unless you have a serious need for more TWD living more dangerous than the dead drama.

Luke Cage... really good for the 1st 7 eps, but then you need to drink that Kool-aid for the 2nd half.
blaze the skunk and then embrace the funk, because the 2nd half is on a whole different level of What the F*beep*

Lucifer... I still haven't seen anything outside of the first 5-10 minutes of the original pilot episode when it aired months or weeks before the show started.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: February 08, 2017, 05:27:55 PM »
Legends of Tomorrow - "who writes this crap anyway?" Rory went full-on Deadpool and the show is just better for it

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: February 09, 2017, 02:29:02 PM »
Rory is far and away the most entertaining character on that show.  Pretty much all his lines are amazing. 
Not as hot as Sara though.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: February 12, 2017, 12:42:55 PM »
I like the cast for Legends of Tomorrow. Really bummed about what happened to the best character of S1 though Captain Cold was great
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: February 16, 2017, 03:27:13 AM »
Agents of SHIELD: LMD... damn.

and here I thought it was gonna tank after Ghost Rider.
GR was pretty awesome, but LMD is taking it to potentially deeper levels here.

easily the best of the established comic shows on air right now. no doubts. no questions.

Now get with the program before I replace you with a you that will.

edit: I just saw the promo's for next episode and we seem to be headed down a scary Rabbit Hole.
Supposedly the LMD storyline is concluded next episode, but Coulson's twitter I guess teased the Savage Lands.

take that as you will.
speculation The Framework world is the Savage Lands? Everyone inside kept content by fighting their greatest foe... Grant "Taskmaster" Ward? I have no idea, but this season has been sooogood.gif
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:16:17 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »