Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1198888 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3975 on: October 30, 2016, 06:30:50 PM »
West World I saw the first episode and didn't grab me. There was one twist, but everything else seemed pretty obvious.
It's suppose to be mostly obvious. It's sort of the opposite to the mystery box. You know the destination(generally), but you don't know how you are going to get there. There is mystery if you want that with secondary arc.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: October 31, 2016, 02:56:15 AM »
The Strain....

He should have wished his dumb ass son a "peaceful' death by turning a long ass time ago.
Kid was an idiot to let his dead mom in twice and once again when his dad finally killed her ass in self defense. I can't believe he would set off that nuke because his dad killed his dead mom who was on the verge of killing too only moments later. She is DEAD and no longer HUMAN you dipshit. Fucked **** up for the 2nd time now. He should kill his son on sight when he sees him, put everyone else out of his misery./rant

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: November 02, 2016, 11:21:16 PM »
no pun intended, but AoS and The Ghost Rider has been on FIRE this season.

It's apparently going on a 1 month break right now, so perfect time to catch up if you're interested.
and if you were sure if you were interested, would me telling you that Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider* made a guest appearance along side Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider?

Ghost Rider *Spoiler Related gif*
http://i.imgur.com/X7yvD4V.gif

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: November 03, 2016, 05:44:29 AM »
SuperGirl episode 4. LOLWUT that end of episode stinger.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: November 09, 2016, 05:56:12 PM »
SuperGirl Season 2 episode 5: The writing is Trump

It is a mess as they add more and more plotlines which are in no doubt going to be dropped. When the writing is "Good" it is just adequate. When it's bad they throw what characterisation out the window and write whatever is convenient. Whatever pretence for talking about their powers in private is out the window as they talk about it with everyone in ear shot. Either Catco is staffed by the most oblivious people or everyone knows but keeps their mouth shut, both being absurd notions.

The tech babble is just LOL. Show is really losing it's charm, it's making me miss "kryptonese", on the other hand, far less Krypton Lens flare flashbacks which is a real plus.

AoS: The director continues to get rolled edition.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: November 10, 2016, 02:06:24 AM »
Well to be fair, this is in the same universe where a pair of glasses can throw anybody off into prosopagnosia.

On the other hand, I've only watched the first episode, which I thought was ****.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: November 14, 2016, 09:07:24 AM »
Holy **** West World that was one hell of a twist and the execution was just exquisite.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: November 14, 2016, 01:21:58 PM »
Holy **** West World that was one hell of a twist and the execution was just exquisite.

Masterful, wasn't it? Anthony Hopkins is a treasure.

So is it confirmed that Ford is replacing people? That would mean we have no idea who is human and who is host.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:40:21 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: November 14, 2016, 06:11:25 PM »

The scene where Teresa and Bernard find the house and he says "what door?" I didnt notice earlier in the same shot the door wasn't even there. Fantastic staging of that shot. I had to watch it twice to catch the details.

Jeffrey Wright is the ultimate geek. He doesn't even have to try... he just has the look.

Also, Westworld has been renewed. Alongside Insecure and Divorce.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:13:43 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: November 14, 2016, 10:13:26 PM »
Wright was actually pretty intimidating in Boardwalk Empire.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: November 15, 2016, 11:24:54 PM »

The scene where Teresa and Bernard find the house and he says "what door?" I didnt notice earlier in the same shot the door wasn't even there. Fantastic staging of that shot. I had to watch it twice to catch the details.

Jeffrey Wright is the ultimate geek. He doesn't even have to try... he just has the look.

Also, Westworld has been renewed. Alongside Insecure and Divorce.
I caught it the first time and I brought a massive smile to my face as it would have been a small little detail other would have not put any thought to.

I like how they go about establishing the rules before they break them without it being BS. For something so steep in science fiction there is almost no technobabble by not using direct commands but short poems or phrases that aren't technological in nature or are in plain language like "Stop all motor functions", "Analysis". There is proper build up, all sorts of little details and the acting is just exemplary with Anthony Hopkins just absolutely stealing the show.

I love how Elise swears a lot, I really dig her personality. She is my second favourite to Ford. I also like Teddy in the way that he always get wreaked or endures a lot of suffering, which at first seems like a running joke until it gets serious for him.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: November 16, 2016, 02:26:24 PM »
I am up to date on Westworld episodes and accidentally backed into some fan theories on the interwebs.
Holy crap, now I want to start watching all over again.

Folks, if you ain't taking in Westworld, you're doing it wrong. Really good show. A bit ponderous but really worth it.

Bonus: Watching Westworld also caused me to go back and replay some Red Dead Redemption! I wish there really was a western themed fantasy experience theme park. Red Dead is about s close as I can get right now, I suppose.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: November 16, 2016, 10:33:36 PM »
I avoid fan theories so I can make up my own mind first before I stress test them. Besides it is way too soon to start running around with those. The little details are for you to find like secrets in a game, it's only after you bring out the FAQ.

Funny thing is there was a real "West World" of the same name and it had animatronic robots set in the time period.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: November 20, 2016, 10:13:47 AM »
Shows at risk of being dropped:

Gotham - As much as i like the art style, it's good moments (absolute insanity, looks and style) it cancels itself out with some hairbrained decisions (the music and tone is still very opposing and jumps from serious to comical and camp repeatedly, the recasting of Ivy into this hyper-sexual-but-still-under-18 reboot) and no real "aim" with what it wants to do.

Scream Queens - From a show from the same makers as American Crime Story, i don't get how this show is so wishy washy. Everyone else i know has dropped it and i can't see a reason to continue with it either.

Blindspot - Martin Gero was one of the best writers on the stargate franchise and his previous show LA Complex had some strong storylines and actors going for it. Blindspot, meanwhile, has a main character with a sour face all the time and several characters who feel like their stories are being dragged out over and over and over... one character finds a tape of him potentially being abused as a child, and has been stretching out or deliberately avoiding him watching it ever since

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: November 27, 2016, 05:37:17 PM »
So this week The Grand Tour evolved into Edge of Tomorrow meets Call of Duty.

Their brand of ridiculousness lives on.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3990 on: November 27, 2016, 11:31:43 PM »
The Walking Dead S07E06 - 1/10
That was by far the worst episode of the entire series.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: November 27, 2016, 11:41:00 PM »
The Walking Dead S07E06 - 1/10
That was by far the worst episode of the entire series.
Thanks for the heads up. I will look forward to how awful this might be to earn that 1/10.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: November 28, 2016, 03:58:52 PM »
Westworld Ep 9

Da Fuq?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: November 28, 2016, 05:18:51 PM »
Westworld Ep 9

Da Fuq?

This was a perfect episode; an absolute stunner.

For those curious and casually read spoilers, please do not read this spoiler. It's pretty much the resolution of every plot point in the season.

So many things to pick apart! Bernard is Arnold? Arnold was killed by the Dolores? The maze is a path to consciousness? The man in black is a board member? William went insane? Logan's sister's photo was the one that eventually gave Maeve sentience? Ford has had the same conversation with Bernard before? Where do you begin?!

Having the path to consciousness end in a church that takes you to Arnold was incredibly moving. See the Hosts who were farther along speaking to themselves in an almost schizophrenic way as they battle with their own mind; it was beautiful.

Dolores's conversation with Arnold was my personal highlight. The emotions at play were akin to seeing your child suffer; it was heart-wrenching. Considering the past Arnold has had, this was the last thing he wanted, although he knew it was a necessary, hence the maze.

Ford was always intimidating and I didn't think he could become more so after ordering both Thesera and Ellsie dead (the only one's we're sure about), but now he is my all-time favorite HBO villain. And the best part, I have a theory that could possibly make him WORSE. And here I thought they wouldn't use Anthony Hopkins to his full potential.

Logan and Will? It's funny how a well-written piece of dialogue can make you feel completely sympathetic for a character you would have punched moments earlier. That character is Logan. It sealed the deal with making William actually crazy. Who saw that coming? The person that we were a least tepidly rooting for and the one we actively disliked switch in the matter of a few scenes. Bravo, Westworld.

And how about that imagery of Meave and Zorro fucking surrounded by fire? It was bad ass.

I'll have more to say later in the week. I want to watch it again.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: November 29, 2016, 12:36:50 AM »
WestWorld: Hard spoilers ahead

The only complaint I have with that episode is that they moved everything at the same time which meant less time was given per plotline. Collapsing the plotlines means next episode is going to be a whooper with it's focus.

Take notice of William's hat throughout the episode. It starts white as snow, gets progressively dirtier until he no longer wears one aka, losing his mind. I still don't like Logan, he is the opposite of Ford in the way that he is a loser that think he is a winner. He brought William to the park so he could lord over him and starts to blackmail him when William doesn't want to play his game.

They weren't really hiding the fact that the Man in Black was always that business partner spoken of. He is a person who has lost what mattered to him in the real world so he seeks something, anything in this world to give him meaning, even if it is not for him as stated many times.

I am not sure if I said it here or not, but Ford is a man that has already won and he knows this. I don't even see him as a villain despite the people he has killed. He had them killed because they got in his way and rightly or wrongly for the Hosts. He isn't a comic book villain who kills for evils or the publicity. He isn't insane, he isn't that typical mad scientist, he a man who wants to tell his stories. He definitely doesn't enjoy killing as both times we have seen him kill he has had a third party do it and he has looked away each time likely in an attempt to absolve him of some of the guilt.

While he is effectively a God of his own making, he doesn't wave it around like a flag like that Narrative Writer. He does remind people that he built this place when pertinent to avoid unneeded conflict and distractions.

I am rooting for him to finish what he wants to do, I want him to win even more than he does now. He is in no doubt aware of what is going on in every plot line and is in control. I wonder what story he is going to write from the "suicide" of Bernard.

What was the nature of his relationship with Arnold? He seemed really fond of him and missed him enough to make Bernard in his image.

Is Ford going to bring Bernard back? Given Bernard has been with the company for 30 years he looks like he has been getting updated bodies over the years, especially since he has had this conversation before and it seem to have lead to the same result.

I really hope Elsie isn't dead, she has been my second favourite character until Bernard took over. I really like her personality and I just love how much she swears.

Walking Dead, not quite a 1/10 but it was a useless filler episode on a character who didn't need a whole episode to build character on. They are clearly setting her or Link up to be killed by trying to make us care for her and giving her a chew toy in the form of Link. They are going to find each other again and nothing happy happens.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: November 29, 2016, 03:08:55 AM »
I am up to date on Westworld episodes and accidentally backed into some fan theories on the interwebs.
Holy crap, now I want to start watching all over again.

Folks, if you ain't taking in Westworld, you're doing it wrong. Really good show. A bit ponderous but really worth it.

Bonus: Watching Westworld also caused me to go back and replay some Red Dead Redemption! I wish there really was a western themed fantasy experience theme park. Red Dead is about s close as I can get right now, I suppose.

There is. Old Tucson. Not quite West World, but it can be pretty fun.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 07:18:36 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: November 29, 2016, 05:10:36 AM »
WestWorld: Hard spoilers ahead

Regarding Ford, I feel the same. It's like wanting Littlefinger to pull out the win.

And sorry, but Elsie is most certainly dead. A second flashback to Bernard choking her and him not remembering the incident points to it being a successful murder and Ford deleting it from his memory. That is not to say she won't reappear.

Bernard will be back. Ford explicitly said they've had this conversation before. I believe this was simply a power-play, a show of force, a lesson if you will. Bernard will be fixed and brought back to the fold.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:13:54 AM by Stogi »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: November 29, 2016, 06:19:14 AM »
I think maeve may potentially be the key to Ford's downfall at some point in the future, because she already can manipulate the hosts, is aware of the differences of her existence at last, can stop other hosts from moving on her and even has some staff on her side

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: November 29, 2016, 07:17:09 AM »
I think maeve may potentially be the key to Ford's downfall at some point in the future, because she already can manipulate the hosts, is aware of the differences of her existence at last, can stop other hosts from moving on her and even has some staff on her side

There is no way Ford doesn't know about Maeve. And if he doesn't, even Bernard had a fail-safe back-door protocol installed that he was unaware of and he helped build the hosts.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: November 29, 2016, 07:43:50 AM »
But Ford has told Bernard this now, if Maeve comes into contact again with Bernard later she could become aware of this and potentially block his "administrator controls"