Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199325 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3675 on: March 29, 2016, 09:06:42 PM »
I imagine CBS dropping Supergirl and CW picking it up.  Then, we have a Crisis on Infinite networks to merge them all into one universe.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3676 on: March 29, 2016, 09:50:22 PM »
They need to use Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, and the Flash to lead into a Justice Society (Since League will not be allowed) TV series. 

Legends of Tomorrow season 2 (already confirmed) could be half about time travel and then second half of the season could turn the show into a Justice Society Show.  Then if Supergirl is cancelled just keep the actress and bring her into the CW DC universe

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: March 30, 2016, 12:30:20 AM »
Apparently Moonscoop has decided it has nothing better to do with the now 10+ year old series "Code Lyoko" and decided to start officially releasing episodes on YouTube.

I should add that Code Lyoko is actually really darn good, especially after the overly formulaic first season when it becomes somewhat more narrative driven and when Aelita practically becomes the main character.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: March 31, 2016, 12:12:25 AM »
I just finished episode 10 of Daredevil season 2...god damn this show is great.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: March 31, 2016, 02:18:01 AM »
I just finished episode 10 of Daredevil season 2...god damn this show is great.

Finished the whole season and loved every minute of it. Some people are complaining about how the middle of the season dragged but really, I never felt that. Every episode felt relevant and entertaining.

Makes me really hope for a S3 soon, bit sadly we might have to wait longer than a year. Netflix MCU is currently limited to 2 seasons a year and with JJ S2, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders all on the docket we may not see a DD S3 for a good while unless they ramp up production.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: March 31, 2016, 04:01:05 AM »
yeah, they need to ramp up to 3 shows a year like the movies are bumping up to 3 year.

Besides they need to make room for that Punisher mini-series and Midnight Sons spin-offs as well.
Moon Knight and Blade, maybe a Cloak and Dagger.

DD S3 needs to happen sooner rather than later though.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: March 31, 2016, 11:32:24 AM »
Finally finished the final episode of the final season of Downton Abbey.
All in all, a good series. We made a point of watching on Blu Ray. This type of show is such a lush, beautiful show I felt it was worth it. Production value is high.
The final episode was a reasonably satisfying conclusion. Tied up pretty much everyone's stories so good on them for that. I was only mildly disappointed that my hoped-for scenario did not occur, that being:
I hoped the whole cast would choose to go on a transatlantic journey for some trumped-up reason and they would all die in a tragic sinking, thus mirroring the Crawley family deaths that occurred aboard the Titanic that kicked off the series in the first place.

You're fictional(?) spoiler inspired me. Here's the ending you wanted:

The End.
Brilliant! Now my viewing experience feels complete.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: March 31, 2016, 05:48:33 PM »
yeah, they need to ramp up to 3 shows a year like the movies are bumping up to 3 year.

Besides they need to make room for that Punisher mini-series and Midnight Sons spin-offs as well.
Moon Knight and Blade, maybe a Cloak and Dagger.

DD S3 needs to happen sooner rather than later though.

What about Amazon MCU? (they likely wouldnt do that... but....)

Also, i think Arrow needs to drop the flashbacks now. Even though this week's episode was great.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 05:50:44 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: April 12, 2016, 06:30:09 PM »
Oh, Supergirl writers...

Myriad was designed on Krypton for use on the people of Krypton.

It was being used against the humans on Earth.

It worked against Superman because... he was raised on Earth... or something.

It doesn't work against Supergirl because she's Kryptonion.  Even though it was designed to be used on Kryptonions.

This makes no sense to me.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: April 12, 2016, 09:43:50 PM »
Oh, Supergirl writers...

Myriad was designed on Krypton for use on the people of Krypton.

It was being used against the humans on Earth.

It worked against Superman because... he was raised on Earth... or something.

It doesn't work against Supergirl because she's Kryptonion.  Even though it was designed to be used on Kryptonions.

This makes no sense to me.

Ok. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that caught that... but I decided to overlook it, mostly because I was only half watching anyway.
I wasn't sure if I missed something where they said they calibrated it to Earthlings or not, so I didn't make a stink about it.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: April 13, 2016, 12:57:25 AM »
Frankly, I could never tell if it was supposed to be daytime or nighttime when watching the show. The lighting seemed to keep changing so frequently between scenes and kept interrupting my suspension of disbelief.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: April 14, 2016, 08:32:42 AM »
Saw the Flash/Supergirl cross over episode and it had a lot of gold. On fire? no problem! Who needs secret identities? Lets pose in front of Cat Grant. Thrown out a window? Who what Who? I WAS RESCUED! LOL aborted kiss. Ice cream!
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: April 16, 2016, 02:54:28 PM »
So I'm late to the train, but I'm watching POI season 4 and it's better than every drama series I have seen in the past year. And yes, I do mean every drama series; game of thrones included.

Everything is so tightly managed. There isn't a lose thread or even line in this season so far. Everything moves with pitch perfect accuracy. Actions have consequences, and motives make actions. It's suspenseful, funny, sexy, philosophical and bad ass.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 02:58:15 PM by Hypotheliciously »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: April 20, 2016, 12:38:45 AM »
Agent of SHIELD

Coulson: "I've met gods. Gods bleed"

the entire audience:

Edit:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 11:47:53 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: April 21, 2016, 11:31:22 PM »
DAMNIT LEGENDS.

Rip: "You shouldn't be involved in your own abductions.  Timeline paradoxes and all.  Ignore the fact that Sarah was *JUST* involved in her's and has been interacting with her past self for this entire episode."

Stop.  Just stop.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3690 on: April 22, 2016, 03:24:06 AM »
So I'm late to the train, but I'm watching POI season 4 and it's better than every drama series I have seen in the past year. And yes, I do mean every drama series; game of thrones included.

Everything is so tightly managed. There isn't a lose thread or even line in this season so far. Everything moves with pitch perfect accuracy. Actions have consequences, and motives make actions. It's suspenseful, funny, sexy, philosophical and bad ass.

There is one huge completely unavoidable point where they were forced to course-correct, which Khush noticed too, with how Sarah Shahi's pregnancy forced her to be used less in the show and then ultimately dropped out. That meant the big showdown between her and Dominic never happens and had to change things post her departure to account for her absence

But that said, this is Jonathan Nolan's first TV show and if this is the quality he produces (he even proves he's a very good director with the season 2 episode "Relevance" which introduces Shaw) then we are in for a real treat with his HBO-produced Westworld.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: April 22, 2016, 06:00:43 AM »
He's also involved with HBO's adaptation of Foundation, which I'm extremely excited for.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: April 22, 2016, 09:20:01 PM »
HBO is doing Foundation? As in Asimov's Foundation and Robots/Empire series? If they pull this off right it could be their Sci-fi equivalent of Game of Thrones. I'll keep an eye on it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: April 22, 2016, 10:36:58 PM »
A review clip from this weeks Agents of SHIELD

Total MCU canon BTW. pretty sure it was an LMD...

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: April 24, 2016, 03:14:11 AM »
Season final of Supergirl.

They introduce plot holes trying to explain things like Supergirl's powers. I now see why they dealt with the nuclear missile as they as they wanted to save if for this. I do find a somewhat twisted pleasure as to how they write out Superman's intervention. Oh look there he is! Where? Over there! *NOPE*.

I am starting to watch it less for Supergirl than for the dumb fun stuff Klara does like running in screaming I got rescued or generally acting awkward, weird or overly enthusiastic.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: April 24, 2016, 06:14:39 AM »

They introduce plot holes trying to explain things like Supergirl's powers. I now see why they dealt with the nuclear missile as they as they wanted to save if for this. I do find a somewhat twisted pleasure as to how they write out Superman's intervention. Oh look there he is! Where? Over there! *NOPE*.

I am starting to watch it less for Supergirl than for the dumb fun stuff Klara does like running in screaming I got rescued or generally acting awkward, weird or overly enthusiastic.

Supergirl cant survive in space yet in the previous episode Superman can't help because he's "off world". Right.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: April 24, 2016, 09:15:35 AM »
It's not just that she can't survive in space because breathing, apparently she need gravity to generate "Thrust".

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: April 24, 2016, 09:44:30 AM »

Supergirl cant survive in space yet in the previous episode Superman can't help because he's "off world". Right.
To be fair...

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: April 25, 2016, 04:56:57 PM »
DAMNIT LEGENDS.

Rip: "You shouldn't be involved in your own abductions.  Timeline paradoxes and all.  Ignore the fact that Sarah was *JUST* involved in her's and has been interacting with her past self for this entire episode."

Stop.  Just stop.

And how Rip has been saying "don't interfere with your own timeline" and then at the end contradicts itself to say to Jax "maybe time wants you back together".

This show needs some consistency and quickly.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: April 25, 2016, 05:03:06 PM »
And, going back to pull your own childhood self to stab someone in the future...