Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199254 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3650 on: March 20, 2016, 01:41:31 PM »
For some reason this moment had me LOL for real

[Bartender] "One of life's mysteries"

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: March 20, 2016, 09:32:49 PM »
BnM. I know what your saying and I thought that too (while still enjoying it), but the best scene in that movie is right after. He faces a room full of dudes and makes it his mission to break everyone's bones. It's incredible. He breaks like 100 bones in 10 minutes.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: March 21, 2016, 02:58:40 AM »
The Punisher Daredevil Ep8/9 - Holy ****....

I'm not gonna spoil anything, but I do want to say that if you in any way liked S1 of DD, then this is Netflix's best Marvel offering by far so far. I'm at a point where something happened that I didn't see coming until it was already in the process of happening, and it honestly didn't even cross my mind as there was just so much going on already.
The Punisher has been amazing in this series so far (Bernthal was a very good choice BTW), and I would be so down for him to spin off on his own series... maybe fire up that Midnight sons speculation that was going around. Marvel Knights or something...

I need to not go into the next episode right now because the Netflix Binge Effect has already taken over my night and I need to get up early and go to work in the morning. [edit-**** this show... I really need to go to sleep but it won't let me stop starting the next episode... I'm already on 11 and it's 1am] But i must know what happens next. I can only imagine what would be if Marvel did the ENTIRE MCU in this format all dropped on Netflix for consume at your leisure pacing.

BTW, when does that entire Disney Catalog on Netflix deal actually go into effect?
I know it was supposed to happen in 2016, but their Disney offerings on Netflix streaming are still quite slim at the moment.

[edit 2 - HOLY **** @ The Punisher. my gawd Frank Castle.... my gawd. LOL]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:29:39 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: March 21, 2016, 05:40:59 AM »
Daredevil Season 2
Still Marvel's best TV show. There was some stunted dialog as well as some sections that could have been edited down (which tends to happen regularly on Netflix shows). I'd say editing in general was the season's weak point. There are times when scenes change and it seems like a lot more time passes when it cuts back yet the characters are still talking about the same thing. Maybe I'm nitpicking.

I was a bit disappointed in the latter half of The Punisher's plot line. I felt that it fizzled out despite such a strong start and an awesome performance by Jon Bernthal. I remember when Marvel announced Bernthal being cast. He never crossed my mind to cast as The Punisher, but I remember being on board with it. He's definitely the best new addition to the series. Elodie Yung was fine as Elektra. I don't particularly like the character, and there were moments I just said, "Shut up, Elektra. Stop ruining everything." I like that the show at least acknowledged in passing that Karen keeps somehow ending up wherever bad things happen. No explanation (other than "Deborah Ann Woll is in the main cast"), but it's mentioned.

There are some references to Luke Cage and Jessica Jones as well as other references to the larger MCU though there really needs to be some crossover for this to feel like a more connected universe. When The Hand dug a giant hole in the middle of Hell's Kitchen, that seems exactly like something Coulson and SHIELD should be investigating. Something awesome happened mid-way through the season that I was hoping would happen. I'm glad Marvel didn't announce it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:52:23 PM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: March 21, 2016, 10:33:48 AM »
Something awesome happened mid-way through the season that I was hoping would happen. I'm glad Marvel didn't announce it.

I'll assume your talking about the same thing I was, and I wasn't even thinking about it because I had heard ur wasn't gonna happen... But then something just told me it was about to happen just before it was happening, and what followed was pretty awesome.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: March 21, 2016, 04:44:49 PM »

I enjoyed it overall.  There were quite a few "look away" moments for me because I hate gore but it was a good way to kill a day. 

Action scenes were top notch as expected (Arrow universe writers please take note!!!) and the characters were great for the most part.  Foggy's whining did annoy me to an extent but considering what Matt was doing to him I can't really fault him for it because I'd probably be complaining too.  Elektra was hit or miss.  Granted I'm not familiar with much Daredevil lore but I found her annoying.  I still prefer Jennifer Garner as Elektra, but that said I prefer Jennifer Garner :D.

I was disappointed by the ending battle though.  I was hoping Punisher would be more involved.  He had a minigun for goodness sake.  That would have been an epic entrance.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: March 21, 2016, 09:00:24 PM »
The problem with Tony Jaa is that he is an atrocious actor.He might be able to fight his way out of a steel box, but he can't act his way out of a soggy paper bag. That's why he dropped off the map, the fights alone wasn't enough to sustain the sequels. Really bad writing didn't help either.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: March 23, 2016, 06:39:40 AM »
I know Khush says Supergirl is crashing and burning, but of all the on-air shows from the same production company (Legends, Arrow, Supergirl, Flash and Blindspot), Blindspot is ridiculously terrible and not even trying to stick to reality.

There was an episode a few weeks ago where a stolen passenger plane was going to fire a missile at a neighbouring country. Even though the plane had a maximum height of a 45,000 feet the unmodified plane continued climbing well above 50,000 because its target height was 60,000 to fire the missile. There's been several real-life incidents where planes have gone above their "ceiling", the engines lock up and fail to restart and crashes. In the show to get the plane on the ground they pointed the plane *directly at the ground* and held it there and then pulled up about 5 seconds hitting the ground. No damage to the plane apart from a slightly bumpy landing.

This week's episode said "an encrypted email" was received inside the FBI and "they used a VPN to hide where it came from" and noticed it came from the arctic. For emails to be encrypted it has to be readable on both sides (so it's not really encrypted was it?) so sender/recipient can read it - and that's not even counting for two of the cast members having almost no development at all 14 episodes in one is blackmailed twice and has "problems", the other up to recently had literally nothing.

Never mind the main male character being angry all. the. time.

This show is a trainwreck and Supergirl at least has the potential of getting itself together.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: March 23, 2016, 08:35:23 AM »
Supergirl needs to spend less time in DEO HQ as it looks tacky as hell. The Nuke Missile ending was pretty meh, would have been **** loads cooler if she took it into space.

I caught bits and pieces of flash and dear me, it is cheesy in a bad way. If you're going to chew scenery, do it right and with vigour.

We got Blindspot and I have no idea what it is about until you mentioned it. The hell is it with the tattoos? is it some script bout the future? why the naked laser scan? Who is she and do I care?

Wait did they even try to wind restart the turbines? No way they did that landing as even if you pulled up in time the sheer speed you are going in will either rip your landing gear off mind air, blow the tires, overrun the runway, cause the plane to disintegrate either by G forces or exceeding it's Never Exceed airspeed well before impact or from making a **** landing because you're going way too fast.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: March 23, 2016, 01:52:57 PM »
I know Khush says Supergirl is crashing and burning, but of all the on-air shows from the same production company (Legends, Arrow, Supergirl, Flash and Blindspot), Blindspot is ridiculously terrible and not even trying to stick to reality.

This show is a trainwreck and Supergirl at least has the potential of getting itself together.

Yeah, never bothered with watching anything from Blindspot so I'm unable to compare the two at this point. However, I will also state that since my comment, the next two episodes of Supergirl were better. They still have had dumb moments that stick out to me but nothing that's made me want to just write off the show like the point I was at a few episodes back and it's had some good and fun moments as well.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3660 on: March 23, 2016, 03:04:43 PM »
Finally finished the final episode of the final season of Downton Abbey.
All in all, a good series. We made a point of watching on Blu Ray. This type of show is such a lush, beautiful show I felt it was worth it. Production value is high.
The final episode was a reasonably satisfying conclusion. Tied up pretty much everyone's stories so good on them for that. I was only mildly disappointed that my hoped-for scenario did not occur, that being:
I hoped the whole cast would choose to go on a transatlantic journey for some trumped-up reason and they would all die in a tragic sinking, thus mirroring the Crawley family deaths that occurred aboard the Titanic that kicked off the series in the first place.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: March 23, 2016, 04:49:18 PM »
Supergirl needs to spend less time in DEO HQ as it looks tacky as hell. The Nuke Missile ending was pretty meh, would have been **** loads cooler if she took it into space.

I caught bits and pieces of flash and dear me, it is cheesy in a bad way. If you're going to chew scenery, do it right and with vigour.

We got Blindspot and I have no idea what it is about until you mentioned it. The hell is it with the tattoos? is it some script bout the future? why the naked laser scan? Who is she and do I care?

Wait did they even try to wind restart the turbines? No way they did that landing as even if you pulled up in time the sheer speed you are going in will either rip your landing gear off mind air, blow the tires, overrun the runway, cause the plane to disintegrate either by G forces or exceeding it's Never Exceed airspeed well before impact or from making a **** landing because you're going way too fast.

Flash is cheesy but it knows it and runs with it with joy, so i'll let it slide.

About the Blindspot tattoos.... not a clue. It hasn't been explained yet, yet they seem to be coincidentally tracking some terrorist activity almost exactly as it happens.

About that plane episode (its ep 11): to stop the plane climbing to 60,000 feet they manually turned the engines off at 57,000 feet and pointed the plane at the ground at a probably 45 degree angle and extending the landing gear at the last second, and pulling up with about 5 seconds notice. No mention of the landing gear, or the turbines. Just "brakes!".
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:02:55 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: March 23, 2016, 07:18:01 PM »
LOLWUT? Yeah from that picture their approach was too high no matter what. 45 Degrees is massive dive for an airliner where anything exceeding 15% down is considered a dive so their definitely hitting Never exceed speeds and break up. Why did they turn the engines off in the first place? Were they afraid they were going to run out of air or some idiot "Hacked" the flight deck? Never turn off the engines unless they are on fire. You will lose electrical power and the bleed air from the engines that pressurises the cabin air. The batteries will hold for a while along with the air, but now the controls are less responsive.

I have exceed 45 degrees myself, but even at 45 degrees or below, I was going to hit Never Exceed speed.

But yeah, everyone on that plane should be dead multiple times over. I am sure a video will come out eventually so I can point and laugh.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: March 24, 2016, 03:51:29 AM »
Man... that Bar Scene at the end of the latest AoS episode.

I was only partially paying attention at the time, and the scene still caught me off guard.

so many onions cut...

but that just means that Most Wanted has officially been setup. Logo revealed and all.
http://mcuexchange.com/marvels-most-wanted-logo-revealed-oded-fehr-and-fernanda-andrade-join-cast/

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: March 24, 2016, 04:26:43 AM »
LOLWUT?Why did they turn the engines off in the first place?

Because the plane was still climbing; it was at 57,000 feet and the missile would fire at 60,000 (completely ignoring the service ceiling is 45!) and were locked out of the cockpit so they manually shut down the engines from the avionics bay to get the terrorists out of the cockpit to gain control of the plane.

Read this for some more: https://tvfails.wordpress.com/2016/03/03/airplane/

There's TONS more fuckups even i missed. Including the one that its an MD80 which can't fly from the USA to Turkey.

Agents of Shield has completely and utterly turned itself around, although i'm concerned that losing those two to their own spinoff may mean the parent show loses out.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:31:43 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: March 24, 2016, 05:33:19 AM »
The service ceiling is worse. It's actually at 37,000ft. The absolute ceiling is higher, but I can't find the number as it is likely it wasn't tested out of safety concerns. Absolute ceiling is the height it can theoretically go. You can go above the service ceiling but things get dangerous as you continue to go up as your stall speed gets ever closer to your current airspeed. At Absolute ceiling you will stall at the slightest disturbance. It also takes near forever to get higher than the service ceiling. IIRC the service ceiling is defined by a climb rate of less than 100ft - 50ft per minute at maximum continuous thrust.

They should have just let them fire the missile as it would have done jack ****. There is a reason rockets are big. That thing isn't big enough to reach GPS even if it launched off a SR-71. It would be lucky to reach even the start of "Space" let alone LEO.

Satellite killers can be launched of a F15c, but even one of those only reach LEO.

That is a mega dumb episode of anything.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: March 26, 2016, 01:30:22 AM »
Just saw the Red Krytonite episode. Finally an episode that matters. It became brilliant when it did the Superman 3 bar scene sans the hard drinking. She was such a jerkass albeit a stupid one. Supergirl is properly vulnerable for once.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: March 28, 2016, 01:55:41 AM »
Finally finished the final episode of the final season of Downton Abbey.
All in all, a good series. We made a point of watching on Blu Ray. This type of show is such a lush, beautiful show I felt it was worth it. Production value is high.
The final episode was a reasonably satisfying conclusion. Tied up pretty much everyone's stories so good on them for that. I was only mildly disappointed that my hoped-for scenario did not occur, that being:
I hoped the whole cast would choose to go on a transatlantic journey for some trumped-up reason and they would all die in a tragic sinking, thus mirroring the Crawley family deaths that occurred aboard the Titanic that kicked off the series in the first place.

You're fictional(?) spoiler inspired me. Here's the ending you wanted:

The End.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: March 28, 2016, 10:23:25 PM »
"Hi, I've never heard of you.  Let me take my mask off and reveal my secret identity to you."
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: March 28, 2016, 11:27:22 PM »
"Hi, I've never heard of you.  Let me take my mask off and reveal my secret identity to you."

Is this a game of guess that TV show!!?

I haven't seen anything that came on tonight...
so it's gotta be between Gotham and Supergirl.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: March 28, 2016, 11:38:55 PM »
Yes.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: March 29, 2016, 03:35:14 AM »
Ahhh. if you read my previous post before I edited it, you would have seen I mentioned The Flash as a possibility, but then I realized that The Flash comes on on Tuesdays....

what I had also forgotten was that The Flash cameo's on Supergirl tonite, so I was kinda right in my initial guess, and the obvious "it has to be Supergirl" guess I didn't actually include in the previous post because I couldn't think of who would have a mask on the show....

But yeah... it had to happen because CBS viewers may not even know The CW exist.
I can over look it as long as the rest of the episode is good, even if it's cheesy as the following scene after that reveal (I'm still watching the show as I type - currently paused.)

edit: and O.M.G. is the next scene SUPER CHEESY LOL.
Kara basically turns into a giddy little girl for Barry and Jimmy gets sooooo damn jealous.
so cheesy it was actually kinda funny.

edit 2:
the scene in Kat Grants office right after that is gold.

Barry: "speaking was the wrong choice, I see that now" (sounds like something Cisco would say)

Kat: "All 4 of you standing there doing nothing. You look like the Attractive, yet Non threatening racially diverse cast of a CW show" LMAO

oh, I hope the rest of the episode carries on at this level.

edit 3: and then the Trench Coat flasher comment followed by the Smallville reference of "The Blur" so far sogood.

edit 4: Bara .... Karry.... SuperFlash... FlasherGirl... hmm... I'll keep working on that
but I'll be damned if they aren't just adorable together. Baricity who?
Barry can tap that will all the SpeedForce and Kara is Super enough to handle it.

edit 5:
Barry: why don't you step away from the nice lady... then we can settle this like women.
::Kara looks at Barry awkwardly::
Barry: "What... there more of you guys here than me.

they are having too much fun this episode.
but that TV budget... sometimes it pulls you out of the moment.

edit 6
Hopefully at some point Supergirl Crosses over to the DCWverse. I think she would fit in w/ that group just as well as Barry fit in w/ hers.

and tell me no one in here would want a BatArrowman v Supermangirl 2 part DCWverse crossover.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:29:09 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: March 29, 2016, 11:01:19 AM »
Yeah, it was a good episode.  A few minor gripes, but not on the level of Batman v Superman. ;)

Yeah, that TV show budget.  Silver Banshee looked ridiculous.  Although, to be fair, she looks a lot like her comic counterpart.

If Banshee can scream loud enough that she pushes Kara through a wall... what the heck are ear plugs going to do for that?

Banshee punched Supergirl and knocked her on her ass.  When did Banshee get super-strength?  People have broken every bone in their hand punching Superman...

See?  I can complain about the show, but still like it. ;)

I am disappointed that they established Supergirl to be on a different Earth than Flash/Arrow.  It seems like that'll be a limit to how often they have crossover episodes.  I mean, I know the writers will always be able to create some reason for crossing them over... but they seem so far apart now. :(

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: March 29, 2016, 05:26:04 PM »
If Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis got around that problem by creating a "gate bridge" that reduces the time between galaxies (spin-offs) from 3 weeks to 35 minutes a similar thing created by Cisco/Star Labs can be created between the Supergirl universe and the Arrowverse.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:28:21 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: March 29, 2016, 07:35:59 PM »
It did kinda sound like her metaphor to Jimmy kinda had dual meaning as a hint towards the bridging of the shows.

The crossover was such a fun, delicious and cheesy serving of budget heroism, that I would love to see this happen more often. The Chemistry between Kara, Barry and Winn was just so warm and enjoyable... like they weren't just pretending to have fun, but actually were. I mean they were all just so giddy all the time on screen together, you couldn't help but smile.
I would love for the them to meet Cisco and crew.

actually, I want to see Ollie and Diggle meet Martian Manhunter.
Diggle's reaction would probably cause the show to go into an immediate extended commercial break.