Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199335 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3375 on: April 29, 2015, 01:55:14 AM »
Ok. So, to my surprise, Person of Interest is pretty much dealing with all the ongoing conflicts they've been setting up at once and bringing them all to a head. I thought one or two of the conflicts might carry on into next season. The HR conflict went until Season 3 and I thought the Elias/Dominic might go into next year also..

Yet, why am I not pumped about it? Why did this episode leave me cold? There were times I got a bit excited but when it ended, I'm not feeling pumped about the season finale next week. I have no feeling of "I want to see the next episode NOW!". Just more of a ho-hum guess I'll have to remember to check in next week for the ending. Maybe I'm just really tired. Anyone else feeling the same way?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: April 29, 2015, 08:40:48 PM »
Anyone watching the Avengers cartoon? They pretty much just ran through the Age of Ultron, Civil War, and Ant Man in the last few episodes. They even used some of the lines from the movie There are no strings on me.

I haven't read the comics, but the plot points seem like the only plausible ones....soooo did they just spoil those movies?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: April 29, 2015, 09:48:24 PM »
HOLY **** POI EPISODE

I was like OH SNAP when that happened. Laughing like a manic when that other thing happened. JUST HOLY **** on Repeat.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3378 on: May 11, 2015, 07:51:24 PM »
I haven't seen it but I am really looking forward to the next to episodes of The Flash.  I just watched the extended trailer for the Flash episode, and I am truly excited season finale, I really think this next 2 episodes are big, and I am really glad the Rogues are taking a center role in the finale. 

Now, Arrow I am also looking forward to the season finale.  I feel like this last season hasn't been strong, and the overall arc involving Raz Al Ghul has been weak, but I want to at least see the end, and where they take the series next.  I really hope that they can deliver. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: May 11, 2015, 07:55:26 PM »
The flash finale is supposedly the backdoor pilot, or jump off point for the spinoff.

Next season of Arrow is supposedly going to embrace the comicbookness of the unified shows a lot more than it has this season, if what I read somewhere was accurate.

It's gonna be a good week of TV this week just between AoS and The Flash.
Everything else is just icing.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3380 on: May 11, 2015, 08:00:44 PM »
The flash finale is supposedly the backdoor pilot, or jump off point for the spinoff.

Next season of Arrow is supposedly going to embrace the comicbookness of the unified shows a lot more than it has this season, if what I read somewhere was accurate.

It's gonna be a good week of TV this week just between AoS and The Flash.
Everything else is just icing.

If I was a betting man I would guess that the Finale is Flashpoint, and the events of saving his mom has a huge impact on the world.  I also do not think season 2 will be about fixing those mistakes, but dealing with it or living with it.

So I think Flashpoint may make some heroes villains and some villains heroes...and really be something special and crazy.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: May 12, 2015, 09:07:40 AM »
Well there was some leaked photo's showing alot of the CW heroes and villains on a roof talking, so either the Flash Finale has something related to Legends of Tomorrow or they were flming a promo to air this week and next like the Flash/Arrow promo from last year.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3382 on: May 12, 2015, 07:52:09 PM »
Tonight's episode I hope they truly take advantage of The Arrow being in the League. 

I would love to see the Heroes drop down and the Flash makes his statement about not being able to fight all three of us, and then Oliver says who says anything about 3...and the League surrounds them all. 

I just think 3 guys can't take out an evil speedster, no matter how good they are.  What can 2 normal speed heroes do?  We already know Reverse Flash can "Speed Phase" So the Arrow has nothing he can do.  Now, Firestorm has potential, but his powers almost make him a liability as well.  However, seeing the League try to take down the Reverse Flash would be awesome. 

(Note:  I do not think this will happen, but it would have been cool.)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: May 12, 2015, 11:53:03 PM »
Well if Firestrom has access to all his comic powers than he could easily one shot wells.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3384 on: May 13, 2015, 12:11:30 AM »
Well if Firestrom has access to all his comic powers than he could easily one shot wells.

True, but this is a Firestorm that barely knows how to use his powers...so I don't think so.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: May 13, 2015, 01:11:40 AM »
I would have enjoyed tonight's Flash episode so much more if all the trailers & the internet hadn't spoiled the **** out of it a month ago. Still a great episode, though.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: May 13, 2015, 06:18:47 AM »
Oliver should have sniped Wells before he joined the group. Would have saved some time.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: May 14, 2015, 12:24:13 AM »
So yeah, Arrow:

So this is presumably how Ray gets his Atom powers without needing the suit.

Interesting twist Malcolm becoming the top dog. Very curious to see how that turns out.

Was hoping for more Flash involvement. Pretty lame crossover.

I was surprised that Oliver stayed in the LoA gear. I would have thought he would have gone back to his green gear for the final fight. Though lucky he didn't because apparently it's bullet proof to the extent that 3 sniper rounds to the chest doesn't even wind you.

More hints thrown down for DIggle getting a costume. I wonder if they have someone for him to become if they will make up a new hero for him.

Let's hope that next season there are no more flashbacks.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: May 14, 2015, 12:35:47 AM »
Season 3 was big drop in quality compared Arrow seasons one and two, but at least the finale was entertaining. They probably should have done a 16 episode season.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3389 on: May 14, 2015, 05:32:30 AM »
I would love for the next season not have Oliver in the show for at least 4-5 episodes and have Diggle be the main hero.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3390 on: May 14, 2015, 08:16:03 AM »
3 sniper rounds to the chest, no problem.

Green Lantern reference as well

So Ray get blown up, gets his shrinking powers, is presumed dead? But already signed over Palmer Technologies to Felicity, who marries Oliver before she knows about it, then renames the company Queen Industies (after herself: Felicity Queen), to which Oliver get to run in some capacity, and this is what draws them back to Starling City.

Malcolm becoming Ra's Al Ghul was a surprise I didn't expect.
Thea becoming Red Arrow/Speedy finally happened.
Diggle FINALLY getting some action, and hopefully an actual costume sounds great. Maybe he runs across the list Ferris Air Test Pilot, and discovers he crashed into an alien ship. Both are practically dead, but not before the alien hands Diggle a ring. And that's how he gets his costume.

I also watched The Flash. Capt Cold just chews up every damn scene he's in. It's great. I love it. His sister follows sit, making Cisco feel quite awkward. Good stuff.
I think the spinoff will be quite interesting.

Hopefully Supergirl gets crossed over at some point as well. That looked interesting enough, even if that trailer was a mash up of everything a girl would want in a superhero show of her own (romantic dramdedy with super powers) with just enough action to get the boys to watch too.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3391 on: May 14, 2015, 09:04:50 AM »
The Arrow season finale was darn entertaining.  I loved that they ended the story and you could walk away from the series happy.  Though, I am excited about Season 4...I believe we can actually get a HAPPY more whimsical Arrow next season...I would love a less broody show next season.  BlackNMild, I think you are right.  It is a perfect way to get Oliver Queen back into Starling City, and get the business back, and basically do an entire show reboot.  I feel it has to be coming, The first 3 seasons were good, but I am ready for Arrow to become someone different...to be SOMETHING different.  (Like an actual fun Green Arrow Show...not a dark drama.) 

As for the last episode of the Flash, that was great.  I was an episode worthy to be a season finale, and Captain Cold is just so much fun.  They really make the audience like him.  Which makes me worried that he is going to move over to the Other Series...The Flash without Captain Cold will be sad...afterall, I find him a more compelling villain than the Reverse Flash. 

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: May 19, 2015, 08:21:43 PM »
Powers

Good GOD the first 3 episodes are bad. They are crazy badly written in an aimless mess that barely has any purpose and for all intents and purposes could be skipped.

Then there are the Characters. This show has the largest collection of hateable character in any show. It's not a DS9 Ki Winn you love to hate because you are suppose to hate. Just hate because they are awful. Especially Calista who I wish would suffer the worse death upon. The only character I like is Walker as he is a powerless asshole, but he is our powerless asshole who looks like a washed up wreak and naked Eddie Izzard.

It then has a dramatic improvement with episode 4/5 with BLOOOOOD everywhere and Eddie Izzard ripping this show a new one before the following episodes settles on "OK". The special effects through out the show is on level with the 90's as they pretty much blew their budget on their hated cast of characters.

In a massive surprise this is getting a second season. If Calista just straight up disappears like she got erased Stalin style I would approve.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3393 on: May 20, 2015, 06:01:51 PM »
That Flash Finale was amazing.  But where do they go from here.  I kinda hope they have a soft reset...I don't want Barry to completely fix this.  I want to see a new timeline develop again...because well the events that just happened would have huge ramifications on literally EVERYTHING!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: May 20, 2015, 07:31:39 PM »
I don't like the way they handled time travel in this episode.

Eddie kills himself and ends his bloodline.
Wells disappears on the spot.

Okay...

...but shouldn't Wells have never existed?
...no going back in time to kill Barry's mother.
...no killing the real Wells.
...no particle accelerator.
...no making Barry the Flash.
(...incidentally, no Eddie killing himself... which means Wells existed... which means....)

Why did *only* wells disappear, and why at *that* exact moment?  Not even the moment Eddie died - just about the same time he shot himself.

Gr.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: May 20, 2015, 08:04:51 PM »
I don't like the way they handled time travel in this episode.

Eddie kills himself and ends his bloodline.
Wells disappears on the spot.

Okay...

...but shouldn't Wells have never existed?
...no going back in time to kill Barry's mother.
...no killing the real Wells.
...no particle accelerator.
...no making Barry the Flash.
(...incidentally, no Eddie killing himself... which means Wells existed... which means....)

Why did *only* wells disappear, and why at *that* exact moment?  Not even the moment Eddie died - just about the same time he shot himself.

Gr.

I interpret that exact chain of events as being the reason the singularity ripped open again, as Time was shredding trying to reconcile the paradox. It's basically Doc Brown's biggest fears in the Back to the Future movies made manifest.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3396 on: May 20, 2015, 09:32:29 PM »
I believe that is why the vortex is happening.  Yes, It should have been instantaneous however, this is a huge time anomaly.  But they wanted to visualize it.

After all this is a huge event.  It should affect everything.  This event should mean that this current timeline is destroyed.

Reverse Flash was never born which creates a world ending paradox.  I mean if Eddie dies...that means the Reverse Flash never killed Flash's mom which means the first Barry Allen from the first timeline is the only Barry Allen.  That this whole Timeline and story we saw doesn't exist or can't happen...period.  However, if that is true then Eddie would have never killed himself because the events in this timeline lead him to do so...which means the events in this timeline DID happen.

This is what is causing the time anomaly...and since they have to have an event that can be stopped instead ofinstantaneous we get the time vortex thingie.

I still hope that time is reset and we our Barry Allen running into Earth 2 and his time is gone ended.  Then we can have a 2 part season opener with Barry and other Barry trying to fix history.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: May 20, 2015, 10:20:46 PM »
This is precisely why I hate time travel.

I thought the finale was pretty meh.  No real fight between Barry and Wells, time travel nonsense, cliffhanger ending, Wells being killed. 

Cool bits:  lots of hints for future characters, the episode 1 should be pretty good going by the way it ended (I still prefer closure over cliffhangers), not too much whining from Iris.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3398 on: May 20, 2015, 11:24:28 PM »
This is precisely why I hate time travel.

I thought the finale was pretty meh.  No real fight between Barry and Wells, time travel nonsense, cliffhanger ending, Wells being killed. 

Cool bits:  lots of hints for future characters, the episode 1 should be pretty good going by the way it ended (I still prefer closure over cliffhangers), not too much whining from Iris.

We had the big fight with Wells last episode and it was pretty awesome.  I personally was glad we didn't get that fight again...we got it like 5 times this season.  I liked that it appeared everyone was working together one last time.  I liked the you saw a glimpse at Wells evil plan when he stated:  "You didn't save her?"  Showing, that just saving her could have prevented the Flash from being created.  Possibly creating another paradox.  I loved the hints of new characters, and the fact that this episode was focused on the characters not the action. 

This was a great finale, except I hate cliffhanger finales. 

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: May 21, 2015, 04:29:26 AM »
Arrow - An inconsistent end to an inconsistent season. The only good thing in the episode was Diggle and Oliver actually having some actual issues between them. Great to see Speedy take over the red suit. The show suffered in having to setup both Flash and Legends, balance them and play its own stories.

Gotham - There's high chance i'm not watching next season. It meandered about heavily, completely unsure of itself and only began to settle when it reached its intended season finale (episode 13 i think?), and then everything after that felt like OH LETS STRETCH IT OUT by returning to meander. Everything with Barbara i can skip entirely. The only interesting twist i liked was Selena with Fish. It gave Selena something a bit more to handle and was barely even touched upon. Way too much in the show is "because the plot needs this to happen" and everything else services that plot point.

Person of Interest - Best season finale of all the shows i watched, but that's not hard. The Machine finally talking to its creator, resigning itself to die and admitting she has failed Finch. Both Root and Reese in God Mode, going utterly badass against the Brotherhood and Samaritan goons while she talks to Finch about their relationship. The rules have changed again and god has, basically, shrank to a carry-on. CBS has given season 5 13 episodes rather than 22, so i'd expect this to be the last season. Sad because there's still quite a few stories left to tell.