Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1198923 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3125 on: December 05, 2014, 03:11:25 PM »
How can anyone hate this.

At the time not really but now that I see it on loop it annoys me that Ollie looks to the side and doesn't immediately cock an arrow to counter attack.

@Spak-Spang:  In the comic did they grow up together? (Iris and Barry)

Now that I've seen both episodes it annoys me even more that they cut out where they captured the Meta.  There probably was a great see with him zapping the Arrow and not really doing anything to him.  It feels like that just cut it.

The cut to the meta human being at Star Labs was poorly done, my hope is for the next crossover they fight a physical threat that needs them to team up.

In the comics Iris and Barry didn't grow up like siblings like in the show. In the current universe they just know each other through work, and never dated. The only real reason why Iris is in the comics is too be the Mary Jane too Patty's Gwen and to give reason why Wally is in the cast.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: December 05, 2014, 03:17:51 PM »
The Arrow episode annoyed me in that both times when Flash appears, Captain Boomerang is totally not-bothered about someone moving at that speed.

Diggle was pretty stunned, which was the right attitude (especially as both he and Lyla never knew in advance).

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: December 05, 2014, 04:08:43 PM »
In the comics Iris and Barry didn't grow up like siblings like in the show. In the current universe they just know each other through work, and never dated. The only real reason why Iris is in the comics is too be the Mary Jane too Patty's Gwen and to give reason why Wally is in the cast.
That I'm perfectly ok with, makes sense, and I think works.  The growing up as sibling thing is what really muddles it for me.

The Arrow episode annoyed me in that both times when Flash appears, Captain Boomerang is totally not-bothered about someone moving at that speed.
After some of the stuff Waller probably put him through it might of felt just like another day in the office for him.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: December 05, 2014, 04:26:10 PM »
That I'm perfectly ok with, makes sense, and I think works.  The growing up as sibling thing is what really muddles it for me.

You probably didn't like the movie Clueless then.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

« Reply #3129 on: December 06, 2014, 10:35:33 AM »
I loved Clueless so much that I fell for the lie that Emma was "the same thing" as presented on the box. Should have known better. Then I grew up and now I totally hate Clueless except for the occasional 90's nostalgia, which Can't Hardly Wait is ten times better for.

I am mid way through Season 2 of Arrow. My new responsibilities at work have cut back on my at home TV watching time, working in a TV studio I get plenty of Tv at work though, but since I work for an ABC/Fox affiliate we don't get Arrow or Flash.I just watched the Flash intro episode on Arrow, it was kind of fun. I want to finish Arrow before I get back into Flash because I want to watch them together.

I am officially done with Walking Dead haven't seen the last two episodes but based on internet chatter I am walking away at the right time.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: December 06, 2014, 12:49:34 PM »
I am giving Walking Dead until the end of this season. It is still entertaining, but it has fallen pretty far down the list of interesting shows.

And Agents of Shield S1 is very enjoyable so far. We have almost finished it and it is a fun ride. I think previous comments about binge watching are quite true. Also, our bar of expectations were lowered enough that we are now pleasantly surprised with the show. It is our #1 show right now (can't wait to hit S2).

We will try to get Flash going this December as well while other shows are on the mid-season break.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

« Reply #3131 on: December 06, 2014, 09:16:21 PM »
I started to watch the first episode of Agents of Shield on Netflix. I decided to see if I can fit it in my rotation now that all the good shows are going into their mid-season break.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: December 11, 2014, 02:20:54 PM »
Mid Season Finale for comic the BIG 3 comic shows aired this week.

Agents of SHIELD:
what an incredible turn around this show has had, and the mid season finale was full season finale worthy in it's execution and reveal. No one thought AoS would get a big MCU reveal and not just react to what's happening in the movies, but they did it, and they did it pretty damn well. AoS is now MUST WATCH TV for all MCU fans. Now I await to see how they build up to AoU and then Civil War.
This is the comic show to beat, and the competition is atleast a full step behind as far as I'm concerned.
Skye vs Ward was like HOLY ****!!! as she just unloaded on his ass. Even he didn't expect that.Her whole rebirth in the chamber was just such an exciting well shot moment and poor Tripp... :( RIP brotha. Hope you got some Simmons before you moved on.

The Flash
edit: Good episode. Reverse Flash is kinda scary, and just the fact that it is Wells all along is quite twisted, even if predictable for the comic enthusiast that are familiar with these characters. Can I just say that Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) is so fucking cute. If I could get Caitlin (The Flash) and Liza (Gotham) together, maybe throw in a little Skye (AoS) with a possible assist from Nyssa (Arrow), I would have some action that is way too hot for comics or TV.
One thing I don't get about this episode was how Wells ended up in the forcefield to get his ass kicked if RF could get out of it. He couldn't have possibly "jumped" in on his own for the deceptive missdirect, so how did RF reach him?
and where did Firestorm come from all of a sudden? good save, nice exit, but such a random entrance.

Arrow: A decent episode. Ra's was certainly shown to be a badass, but Ollie was fighting him like he was taking a dive, or he was an amateur. Either way, he seemed to not be performing at his usual level for this fight. And Amell really needs to learn how to emote past that blank stare. He just isn't selling it and it's becoming harder and harder to overlook it, especially when you see him paired up with Barry, Felicity, Caitlin, and Cisco who all interact and emote like real human beings. Oh, and that scene with Thea was HAHAHAHA, LOL are you serious!? WTF was that?
They should have started her training for this arc back in season 1, not 4 months before shooting. That was such an awkward "action" scene. and then her yelling out just before jumping off the balcony was so LOLworthy. So bad it was good again.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:53:59 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: December 11, 2014, 03:53:42 PM »
Wells being the Yellow Flash was well really predictable.  I was hoping that it be something more interesting like him being a different Flash.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: December 11, 2014, 06:20:19 PM »
2 things I have discerned 10 minutes into Arrow.

1. Felicity must be hitting the weights on the quiet. She has quite the biceps on her. Hopefully there are plans for her.

2. I cannot stand hearing Alex Kingston (who will always be Lizzy Corday as far as I am concerned) bung on an American accent. Why couldn't they leave her with the english.

And after completing the episode:

Certainly one of the better episodes.  But the whole Olicity thing just doesn't work.  Amell can't show emotion to save his life. 

The fight was a great example of a half drunk bar room brawl.  Wildly incompetent swings.  I get that they were trying to make the point that Ghul is by far the superior combatant and very intimidating, but they could have at least put more effort into making Oliver look half decent.   That was a joke.  Also, he caught the sword in his hand?  What the hell? Surely it should have done more damage than slightly cutting his finger.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: December 11, 2014, 06:32:34 PM »
Yes. The Ra's fight was disappointing in the aspect that Ollie should have at least shown some competency.

Amell seriously needs some acting lessons. move some face muscles man. It's a damn shame you can't work those out on a salmon ladder, otherwise he would be all good by now.

But you made no mention of that turrble Thea vs Arrow scene where she jumped out the damn window.... smh, that was so bad I literally laughed out loud during the scene. It was so awkward and unbelievable and Arrow just stands there in just as much shock as probably everyone else watching from home. I'm gonna find a gif of that scene and post it. it's too bad to not spoil and share.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: December 11, 2014, 06:44:17 PM »
Yeah I know that was a silly scene.  But while not very well acted I can at least understand why Oliver would have been taken aback.  He thought his sister was completely helpless and harmless and all of a sudden she busts out some moves.  I can understand the shock. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: December 11, 2014, 06:50:53 PM »
"Stay away from me and my father" ::says Thea in awkward fighting stance just before::

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: December 11, 2014, 07:03:51 PM »
He may as well have had a flashing neon sign that says OLIVER QUEEN on his chest.  How did she not recognize him haha.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: December 12, 2014, 12:44:27 AM »
Oliver did just climb up a frozen mountain the hard way, I think he was just tired.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: December 12, 2014, 12:56:40 AM »
Oliver did just climb up a frozen mountain the hard way, I think he was just tired.

Yeah, well now he's dead tired, and getting down the mountain the easy way.

edit: and now someone has edited that fight scene to be much more entertaining.

Arrow Spoilers obviously....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:10:01 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3141 on: December 15, 2014, 02:42:02 AM »
Finally finished watching Arrow, up to the mid-season finale, and that has got to be the best finale I have seen in awhile.  Obviously, if you are a DC comic fan you know HOW they can get away with that...and WHAT they will do to fix it...but DANG, I still can't believe it was such a good episode.

Of course we can predict what will be happening for the next few episodes...personally, I can't wait for Crazy Arrow after a certain pit is used.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: December 15, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
Parchute Pants away. The actual Arrow ending was much better than Shield and The flash, but for some reason I like the ending sequnces to the other two much more. Reverse-flash and Firestorm alongside the rock breaking just do it much more for me.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: December 15, 2014, 09:43:32 PM »
Arrow is just not doing it for me in S3. The freshman and sophmore efforts from The Flash an AoS are just doing it better.

Between Amell's 1 expression, Thea with the fighting irish stance and cartoon leap out the window screaming "Hammer Time" as she leaps, and the amateur sword fight against Ra's, it's all just so meh.

I really hope they get things going in the 2nd half, and I'm not sure how that's gonna play out since the next few episodes will be on Roy stepping up and then Laurel becoming Canary. with probably a background story of Ollie getting thrown in the Lazarus Pit, probably once they realize that he was lying about being Sarah's killer. The Glau effect has hit this show hard as far as I'm concerned, so I really hope Ra's become a major focus and a menacing threat.
Oh, and next time Ollie swings a sword at them, he should probably not swing 2 feet above the head if he intends to land that blow.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: December 15, 2014, 09:53:17 PM »
I just hate the roy flips.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: December 16, 2014, 12:28:48 AM »
That's signature Roy at his finest. An Arrow tradition at this point.
you're supposed to hate to laugh at him when he does it....

at least that's what I assume the producers were going for when he keeps doing it.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3146 on: December 16, 2014, 01:15:19 AM »
Arrow is just not doing it for me in S3. The freshman and sophmore efforts from The Flash an AoS are just doing it better.

Between Amell's 1 expression, Thea with the fighting irish stance and cartoon leap out the window screaming "Hammer Time" as she leaps, and the amateur sword fight against Ra's, it's all just so meh.

I really hope they get things going in the 2nd half, and I'm not sure how that's gonna play out since the next few episodes will be on Roy stepping up and then Laurel becoming Canary. with probably a background story of Ollie getting thrown in the Lazarus Pit, probably once they realize that he was lying about being Sarah's killer. The Glau effect has hit this show hard as far as I'm concerned, so I really hope Ra's become a major focus and a menacing threat.
Oh, and next time Ollie swings a sword at them, he should probably not swing 2 feet above the head if he intends to land that blow.

You know I am OK with that sword fight.  Look you are not going to get expert swordsmen and fighters for TV budget.  They needed to show Ra is a serious threat...someone that can defeat the Arrow.  And as far as stringing together an interesting coherent story, this series has done a very consistent job of telling believable stories.  Now, the fact the both Thea and Laurel appear to becoming skilled fighters in a short time is annoying, but is completely normal in the world of comic books and comic book series. 

I am curious who saves Oliver.  My bet originally was on Ra or a member of the League.  Ra already knew that Oliver didn't kill Sarah.  I think he accepted the challenge to prove a point...and bringing the Arrow back to life and having a more serious conversation the murder and the Dark Archer.  This season Oliver has to choose family or the Arrow, and I think he will choose family every time...and that is what causes the war with the assassins that is to come. 

But, I am still enjoying this season...it is not as good as last season, but it is still entertaining television.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: December 16, 2014, 01:52:32 AM »
I wasn't expecting black belt swordsmen or anything, just better choreographed sword play.
Based on previous fights Arrow was in, he seemed much more competent in melee combat, and what was show on that mountain top was more expected if Roy was in his place trying to take on Ra's, not Ollie.

They needs to show Ra's fast enough to dodge striking attacks from two swords while unarmed, while also unarming Ollie of one of his swords almost playfully, like it was not challenge, but they didn't need to make Ollie swing wildly off target hay makers on every swing.

They should have had him go for the swing, Ra's evade, and then maybe quick strikes to pressure points on his arms and shoulders, not disarming him at first, but showing that he can strike at will, and disarm when he is ready. On a second attempt by Ollie, I would have Ra's then block a strike, then pressure point on the shoulder and ribs, while snatching the sword out of that hand, with Ollie looking visibly frustrated and amazed that that just happened (I know it's hard for him to emote, but we'll do a few takes to see what we can piece together.). Have a bit of 1 on 1 sword play for a moment before Ra's dances around him, parry dodges, and has Ollie's his last remaining sword at his own throat.
That's when Ra's gets his cocky moment and Ollie does a quick wrist lock to snatch the sword back and attempt to strike at Ra's, but Ra's catches the sword (between two hands), kicks Ollie in the stomach and then throat chops him, disarming him once again as he falls to his knees, and the rest plays out as you would expect.

edit:  Basically show Ollie at his best getting bested, not show him at his absolute worst getting humiliated.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:00:34 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3148 on: December 16, 2014, 02:39:47 AM »
That is all fair. 

I am just not going to be hyper critical...all of these shows have had silly moments like that...The Flash and the Super Sonic Punch was one too.  And I am sure even in this great season of Shield there have been some silly combat moments. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: December 16, 2014, 04:11:29 AM »
in AoS there was one I can think of. The May vs May fight.
May 2 didn't even look like she was trying to sweep the leg with the staff just before her head got slammed on the table.
Other than that, it's been an improvement over last season, so no real complaints.

The Flash has probably had a few as well, but other than the supersonic punch and the rapid fire vs The Arrow (that didn't even seem to phase him at all), I'm not remember anything to bad.

Arrow vs Ra's was just really sub par compared to almost every previous fight so it really stood out.
Ra's first fight against like 6 guys was much better.