Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199035 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2875 on: May 21, 2014, 10:53:09 PM »
Alright, they just put the Season Finale of AoS on Hulu.  It is excellent.  Its definitely delivered on the hints of where the writing could go.  I enjoy non-angsty normal Coulson better.  I hope they do tie theme wise Agent Carter and AoS.

I like how they turned a groan moment into a LOL.  Though I'm wondering if who played Fitz wanted out.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: May 22, 2014, 06:34:11 PM »
Nah Fitz is going to probably be okay but either due to "comics" become a super genius who can no longer feel love just as Simmons loves him, or becomes much darker since Simmons is with Trip. If anything that's one part of agents of shield that seems copied from Angel, (similar to how Skye is Buffy and Coulson is Giles.)
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: May 22, 2014, 08:56:30 PM »
Fitz has been getting darker throughout the season.  Which makes his stuff with Ward weird but, he was the only character that could do it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: May 22, 2014, 08:57:35 PM »
If you check IMDB for Guardians of the Galaxy and scroll down towards the bottom of the cast, you might find a link to AoS in the name of a character called Dr. Fitz... or it could be something of a coincidence.

That might give you something to look forward too and a reason to go see the next MCU movie.

edit: and then there is this...
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Orange-Black-Vampire-Diaries-SVU-Spoilers-1082094.aspx
Fitz told Simmons he loves her! Does that mean they'll get together next season on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? — ​Priya

Not so fast! Did you notice that when Simmons kissed Fitz, she smooched him everywhere but on ​his actual mouth? "Clearly, any time one person says something and a person doesn't reciprocate, it changes things," executive producer Jeffrey Bell tells me. "It's safe to say there will be consequences." Further complicating matters: Producers want to keep Agent Triplett around.

So.... #everythingchanges!?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:25:37 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: May 22, 2014, 11:59:35 PM »
Rewatched the Warehouse 13 Series Finale that aired a few nights ago. I'm saving my main thoughts for the next NFR, but it was a damn fine episode and did a fantastic job of putting a bow on a very inconsistent and frustrating series.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: June 02, 2014, 01:44:43 AM »
OMG @ Game of Thrones tonite....

I called it right after the match started too...
this muthafucker is gonna get beheaded with all this talking....
He didn't exactly lose his head, but they will have a hard time collecting all the pieces.
Poor Tyrion

Gotta wait a while nother week

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: June 02, 2014, 03:32:41 AM »
Can we just please give Tatiana Maslany every award going?

Rachel's icy exterior shattering ever so slightly when she sees her father for the first time.

Tatiana acting as Sarah who is acting as Alison while falling in and out of Alison's own soccer mom accent back to Sarah's english one.

Several times i forget that i'm actually watching the same woman act as six characters.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: June 02, 2014, 05:00:30 AM »
I can finally post this comic:

Cool moments from the books are running out. We have some really boring crap waiting for us in the next two years at least...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: June 02, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
Cool moments from the books are running out. We have some really boring crap waiting for us in the next two years at least...

Oh good, so we can look forward to the entire show being as boring and pointless as Daenerys' storyline (and to some extent John Snow's) has been for at least 2 seasons. Greeeeaaat.  ::)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: June 02, 2014, 10:18:37 AM »
A real shame with Almost Human. I really like that show. The chemistry was great, lots of neat world building even if it did reference Bitcoin (LOL).

It's a crime that it got cancelled when you have **** like The Tomorrow People and Vampire Dairies still alive.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: June 02, 2014, 10:43:10 AM »
The Tomorrow People was also cancelled. So there is some justice in the world.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: June 02, 2014, 11:41:03 AM »

Oh good, so we can look forward to the entire show being as boring and pointless as Daenerys' storyline (and to some extent John Snow's) has been for at least 2 seasons. Greeeeaaat.  ::)
Haha, oh you don't know what "boring" even means yet. Dany's crap is only gonna get even more pointless, and not only that but other previously great character will also turn to be more annoying than enjoyable.

It's good that they're combining fourth and five books together because 4th was just atrocious with all bad and uninteresting POV characters all concentrated in one book, one after another without a single good spot in between.

You know this is some weak writing when you realize afterwards that Cersei had all the best and any meaningful chapters.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: June 02, 2014, 12:09:57 PM »
I watched the first two seasons of Luther on Netflix. Great show. Serious Crime Unit detective Idris Elba gets himself in and out of jams and kind of goes crazy on multiple occasions.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: June 03, 2014, 05:54:07 PM »
Cosmos - ;_;

Why does this show make me emotional? It makes me so hopeful of the future, that I almost want to get off my bed/couch and participate it making it happen (except it's usually after 9pm when I watch, and wouldn't know where to start or possess the correct degrees to participate in the creation of the future as I imagine it at this moment.... I know, excuses, excuses.).
This show just seamlessly blends History and Astrology with Geology, Science and Technology that you end up learning so much in topics you previously couldn't have cared less about... it actually makes you care and become aware and hopeful. It presents ideas followed up with facts/data/examples/graphics/charts or whatever is needed to illustrate the point, and explain it in a way that just makes sense to the average viewer w/o ever talking down or attempting to push the point above your head or shoe it down your throat.

If you haven't been checking this show out this season, I highly recommend it. There is one episode left for season 1 which airs this upcoming Sun or Mon on Fox.

edit: This is the type of show that I could see being shown to the Science/astrology class in a middle/highschool or something. Show the video, have a discussion, do some experiments based on what was discussed and then move on to some related stuff until you do the next episode.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:41:36 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: June 03, 2014, 07:10:10 PM »
I'm catching up with Hannibal now that it is on Netflix Canada. This show is gruesome! Mads Mikkleson (sp?) is great as Dr. Lecter.

Hola

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: June 03, 2014, 07:39:17 PM »
Hannibal is great TV. Gruesome, gory, psychological horror and on NBC of all places.

Season 3 will surely be crazy.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: June 04, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
if you havent checked it out yet. Go watch FARGO. Really good, a different plotline than the movie in case you guys were staying away.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #2892 on: June 04, 2014, 03:31:29 PM »
if you havent checked it out yet. Go watch FARGO. Really good, a different plotline than the movie in case you guys were staying away.
I second this. Last night's episode was unreal in terms of story progression. Two weeks ago, unreal in terms of particular scenes involving blind, snowy situations and gunfire. Wow.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2893 on: June 04, 2014, 10:08:08 PM »
Cosmos - ;_;

Why does this show make me emotional? It makes me so hopeful of the future, that I almost want to get off my bed/couch and participate it making it happen (except it's usually after 9pm when I watch, and wouldn't know where to start or possess the correct degrees to participate in the creation of the future as I imagine it at this moment.... I know, excuses, excuses.).
This show just seamlessly blends History and Astrology with Geology, Science and Technology that you end up learning so much in topics you previously couldn't have cared less about... it actually makes you care and become aware and hopeful. It presents ideas followed up with facts/data/examples/graphics/charts or whatever is needed to illustrate the point, and explain it in a way that just makes sense to the average viewer w/o ever talking down or attempting to push the point above your head or shoe it down your throat.

If you haven't been checking this show out this season, I highly recommend it. There is one episode left for season 1 which airs this upcoming Sun or Mon on Fox.

edit: This is the type of show that I could see being shown to the Science/astrology class in a middle/highschool or something. Show the video, have a discussion, do some experiments based on what was discussed and then move on to some related stuff until you do the next episode.

I also get unusually close to being choked up during this show. No idea why.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: June 19, 2014, 03:51:20 PM »
I'm going to start watching Arrow, but only S1 so far. What episodes do you think i should watch,a and which i should skip?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: June 19, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »
I'll look for a list for you*, but I know it's consistently good just past the halfway mark of S1.
There are a few spotty episodes before that, but none are sooo bad that you should definitely skip them, unless you are just pressed for time. You have all summer to catch up before S3 starts.

*If I don't post it, I either didn't find it or forgot to actually look.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: June 19, 2014, 06:11:37 PM »
I reckon watch it all. 

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: June 25, 2014, 04:55:26 PM »
I've started watching it and i'm up to episdoe 7.

I've recognised six regular canadian actors - all of which have been in canadian produced sci-fi, and four are in Continuum. I've also recognised some filming locations used in both Fringe and Almost Human.

This show is really showing its roots.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: June 26, 2014, 01:41:36 AM »
at some point you will notice some sets from Smallville too, if you ever watched that show.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: June 26, 2014, 01:52:14 AM »
at some point you will notice some sets from Smallville too, if you ever watched that show.
What i was watching Smallville i started noticing sets from Lois and Clark.