Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199097 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2675 on: November 20, 2013, 01:45:05 PM »
Almost Human - The budget is huge, it's started off with a deliberately generic style (almost exactly like Person of Interest), and Michael Ealy (Dorian) stole the show from Karl Urban.

I enjoyed the pilot episode. and the short description of this show I've seen seems accurate: Buddy Cop Blade Runner. Same type of setup but less gloomy and boring.
Have yet to sit down and watch the followup though.

Agents of SHIELD
Another good episode with a little character progression, but I would hardly call that a Tie-in episode outside of a few references and an Asgardian (that we've never seen before) and his staff being on the show. I really hope the Captain America: The Winter Soldier episode is almost as if it's happening during the movie, leads up to the movie and carries on directly after the movie. Yesterday's episode could have come on during any week as the actual connection wasn't a direct connection.

I hope the TV show and the Movie MCU become more directly entwined. I give them a pass this time since this episode was filmed long after filming for Thor 2 had been completed. But if they have any sense, they will film a few episodes on the set of Winter Soldier, using extras and characters from the movie. Shoot it all as B-roll footage, and then just use it for the show.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:59:09 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: November 20, 2013, 05:47:48 PM »
Person of Interest: pt2 of 3

FUSCOFACE.jpg!!!!!!

CARTERNOOOOOO!!!!!!!  ;_;

I haven't seen the preview for next week, but if the body count isn't particularly high, I will be disappointed.
edit: preview for next episode  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJD5UtwL1_E

Brooklyn Nine Nine
This weeks episode was a miss for me. not a single laugh. some parts were very predictable, or maybe I just wasn't in the mood.

Banshee
I watched the 1st episode last night. I went into this show blind, but it lets you know how things are gonna be fairly quickly. In the first 3 minutes there is a prison scene, a nude sex scene, a car chase, gun shots, cars crashing and people dying. In the 10-15 minutes to follow that is a pretty gruesome fight scene, and that's when I knew I was going to like this show. then they topped it off with more nude sex, more violence and just more all around bad ass behavior.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:39:23 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #2677 on: November 20, 2013, 11:20:16 PM »
BnM, you must have not been in the mood, as I thought it was one of the best BNNs yet. Especially the sliding down the fire department pole scene, combined with Peralta's quick-witted reply to Charles' question. Hilarious stuff.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is definitely my favourite new show this year. Easy.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: November 21, 2013, 12:35:50 AM »
Oh crap.

Teen Titans go.

Latest episode features Doctor Light. You know, the one that likes to rape people.  He's shown up before, but always goofy.  He's still goofy here, but, now, he's totally hitting on Starfire and Raven.  Which is creepy.  Even more so with his background.

So crazy.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: November 21, 2013, 01:00:54 AM »
^ if you think that's stupid, you should read Tiny Titans (in fact everybody should):

Dr. Light is also there, he is a teacher, nothing really special. Slade, though, is awesome in this book.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: November 21, 2013, 06:51:50 AM »
Person of Interest: pt2 of 3

FUSCOFACE.jpg!!!!!!

CARTERNOOOOOO!!!!!!!  ;_;

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really liked Carter and wished she stayed. She brought a level of badassery to the show.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: November 21, 2013, 02:38:18 PM »
Arrow

Gotta love this show. They make a reveal Moira Queen had an affair with Merlin that leads to an obvious conclusion Thea is Merlin's daughter and instead of dragging it out for dramatic reasons, they confirm it by end of episode and then move on to more interesting ****. Some of the more interesting **** being that Merlin is back after a brief trip to Tahiti the Lazarus Pit and that Brother Blood is working with a now enhanced young man by the name of Cyrus (Gold? aka Solomon Grundy?).

And Barry Allen "Crime Scene Investigator" debuts in the next episode. it's a 2 part mid-season finale. It will likely deal with some Particle Accelerator in Star City and how some events in the next two episode will change everything in a Flash. (their words, not mine).

Preview for next weeks episode.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=6V3hBkRNBKo[/youtube]

edit: Ep3 of the Arrow Miniseries - Blood Rush

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:18:04 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: November 21, 2013, 05:11:07 PM »
Still plowing through Season 1 and their seriously messed up view of IT.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: November 28, 2013, 05:01:24 AM »
Person of Interest - Part 3 of 3. What an incredible end to that story. This show has evolved from plodding and highly episodic in S1 to an incredible balance of episodic and serialised storytelling.

Angry Reese is a force of nature. Shaw off the leash is unstoppable. But Root with the power of the machine is damn near invincible and utterly badass - the two guns!!!! While i will miss Carter the show gave the best tribute possible, by showing the remaining characters directly responding to that loss rather than being at a funeral.

It's a shame this show will not see any major awards or nominations. This is easily the best show under the JJ Abrams label, by far, and it's a shame that the hype afforded to Lost isn't given to POI.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: November 28, 2013, 11:00:23 AM »
^co-signed

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: November 28, 2013, 05:34:55 PM »
Before I forget I like the Banter in Almost Human.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2686 on: December 03, 2013, 12:01:44 AM »
Almost Human is great. I gave up on Agents of SHIELD.

Also addicted to the Steve Harvey version of Family Feud.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: December 03, 2013, 08:28:39 AM »
Walking Dead mid-season finale - holy ****/10
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: December 03, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »
Hello Ladies (HBO)

Steven Merchent from such things as The Office (UK) and the Ricky Gervais podcast stars in this series.

Half-way through and I'm not really sure what to think of it. There are some laughs but mostly its a slice of life of the most socially inept people in history. It's excruciating to watch something so awkward and embarrassing and that's coming from a Larry David fan. The difference is Larry David would never be in those situations because he's never trying to impress people. He is who he is, unlike Steven Merchant and his female counterpart. They have no idea who they are and are desperately trying to reach their vision of what they think they could become. And that's what this show is, watching desperate people trying to impress others. It's suppose to be so I guess they did a good job?

Anyway, it's good for some laughs.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:52:30 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: December 03, 2013, 10:20:45 PM »
Walking Dead mid-season finale - holy ****/10
I would like to add the following: ****, ****, Goddamn it, hell and pointless fist shaking.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: December 03, 2013, 10:46:35 PM »
...pointless...
I agree with your your characterisation of all things Walking Dead.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: December 07, 2013, 06:16:27 PM »
I'm just now watching yesterday's episode of Grimm, and I don't know if it's a running theme now, but just like Arrow, they made a mention of a fictional trip to Tahiti.

Is that the 2nd show to take a digg at Agents of SHIELD?

Arrow Paraphrase:
- "Where do you think you're going!!?"
+"Uhhh.... to Tahiti"

Grimm paraphrase:
+"I'll be gone for a while, got some business to take care of. If anybody ask, I'm really enjoying myself out in Tahiti"

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2692 on: December 09, 2013, 09:55:59 PM »
The wife and I discovered Once Upon a Time on Netflix. Great show, with interesting cross-pollination between fairy tale characters/storylines. So far they're relying a LITTLE too hard on Rumplestiltskin as the guy who drives the plotline(s), but overall I think it's great. The mayor is a good bad guy.

And it's the only time in recent memory where I've actually LIKED Jennifer Morrison's character.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: December 11, 2013, 05:22:16 AM »
2 minutes into Almost Human and it flashes MX-series android genitalia at me it has none. That said, the writing and chemistry between Dorian and Kennex is rapidly improving.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: December 11, 2013, 09:38:18 AM »
I talk about Almost Human on NFR28 and totally forget Kennex name throughout it.  I like the chemistry between most of the characters.  Especially as they seem to be migrating out who really is the second tier.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: December 12, 2013, 02:18:59 AM »
In related note to almost human... Robot Combat League is so, so bad. It's like Wii boxing, but with even more arm flaying as 2 poorly built and designed "Robots" slap fight each other until one of them commit suicide out from feeling impossible shame. This show is made 20 years too early.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: December 12, 2013, 02:24:59 AM »
Arrow mid season finale - A for Awesome.

So much happened, almost all of it handled perfectly.
So much to spoiler that I'll just wait till later/tomorrow.

AoS really could take a page out of Arrows book when it comes to pacing and action.
I think they need a new choreographer for fight scenes (among other things).

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: December 12, 2013, 11:27:51 AM »
Arrow **** **** **** this show is awesome and makes Agents of shield look boring.

-Cryus Gold is Solomon Grundy
-Brother Blood being a mook
-Straight up killing supporting Cast
-setting up Roy the drug addict and Red Arrow/Arsenal, plus obvious teen love trangle.
-Laurel keep fucking up
-Deathstroke about to make team Arrow's life a living hell
-Arrow gets a mask instead of the stupid paint

-The motherfucking speed force

I really like how the team handled Barry getting his super powers. The led up had me believing that team Arrow would have been at Star Labs when the PA went off with Barry stuck in it. I liked that the Particle Accelerator went off and either shoot off speed force engery or broke a quick hole between our world and the speed force.

This episoide also confirms the casting posts for the Flash were real, since Barry had experience with someone not realizing how he felt about them.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: December 12, 2013, 11:30:45 AM »
A bit of a nerd reference bit Linda Park the news reporter covering the particle accelerator is the 2nd Flash's Wally West's wife in the comics. 
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: December 13, 2013, 02:12:16 AM »
Oh ****. I completely forgot that part was coming in Season 2. I smashed through the first season in a few days, but I never got around to starting 2, and I'm never home when it plays on TV. Guess I should change that, starting right now.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.