Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199164 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2600 on: October 22, 2013, 12:59:50 AM »
Unclebob, the proof I have is interviews done with Mike and Bryan. Word of God, bro. I ain't just making **** up. In the fucking DVD commentary for Season 1 they literally gave the explanation I told you. Amon was a kickass motherfucking waterbender. That's it. He is not tied to this new guy.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:01:37 AM by Oblivion »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: October 22, 2013, 08:45:07 AM »
Dude, I've got the Blu-Ray (and the soundtrack, but that's unrelated).  I have no doubt that they'll stick with the same boring (and, honestly, stupid) explanation they used before.

I'm just saying, it'd be possible (and much more cool) if they tied it all together.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2602 on: October 22, 2013, 10:07:51 AM »
Oh yeah? Well, I've got the limited edition LaserDisc that says both of you guys are full of ****!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: October 22, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »

Spoilers Ahead in my post. I'm getting sick of spoiler tags.

Dude, I've got the Blu-Ray (and the soundtrack, but that's unrelated).  I have no doubt that they'll stick with the same boring (and, honestly, stupid) explanation they used before.

I'm just saying, it'd be possible (and much more cool) if they tied it all together.

Doesn't matter if you found it stupid. That isn't the only place they used that "stupid" explanation. ASN and other websites like MTV and IGN did similar interviews and they said the same thing. Plus, if I remember correctly, it might have even been stated shortly after the season ended on their tumblrs.

His "energybending" is an extension of the fact that he could bloodbend at the age of 14, without moving any part of his body, before he even ran away from home. His "energybending" is his bloodbending.

I don't care what your opinion is, Word of God is Word of God. These two are not the types to go back on their explanations, especially when the fandom is fucking crazy about these details (including myself). In fact, they hate when people go back on etablished canon (They call it "Lucasing it")

There is a difference between this:

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Energybending

And this:

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Chi_blocking

Amon's bloodbending did the latter.

Now for something completely different: I am a little confused about the entire Wan storyline that we got. Oma and Shu (from the Cave of Two Lovers episode) were the first earthbenders and they learned it from the Badgermoles. Not the Lion Turtles. And waterbending was learned by the Moon. Airbending by the Air Bison. Firebending by the Sun/Dragons. If this is the case, why were the Lion Turtles the only one with this power if these people supposed already "discovered" it?

My only explanation is that since the different cities were so damn isolated and that each city pretty much thought that only they existed, Wan and other cities around the world hadn't realized that these people had already done it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:38:26 AM by Oblivion »

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: October 22, 2013, 10:41:23 AM »
Despite what TJ here is saying, Amon Vaatu theory definitely makes more sense than what we got.
I'd be completely okay with it changed.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: October 22, 2013, 10:42:49 AM »
You may leave ASN, but ASN never leaves you. :P

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: October 22, 2013, 03:35:58 PM »
Oblivion, being able to firebend and learning to firebend are VERY different. There is a reason why they showed Wan learning how to firebend from a dragon.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: October 22, 2013, 07:44:20 PM »
These two are not the types to go back on their explanations, especially when the fandom is fucking crazy about these details (including myself). In fact, they hate when people go back on etablished canon (They call it "Lucasing it")

"These guys don't change established canon."

Now for something completely different: I am a little confused about the entire Wan storyline that we got. Oma and Shu (from the Cave of Two Lovers episode) were the first earthbenders and they learned it from the Badgermoles. Not the Lion Turtles. And waterbending was learned by the Moon. Airbending by the Air Bison. Firebending by the Sun/Dragons. If this is the case, why were the Lion Turtles the only one with this power if these people supposed already "discovered" it?

"I don't understand why these guys changed established canon."
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: October 22, 2013, 08:19:17 PM »
Five Minutes into shield and it makes sense that their still isn't alot of people on their index list. I'm wonder how does something quantify to be put on the index .

Also they're digging deep with the peeps to use on the show. 

I wonder how they can use a charcater who's a mutant. (I guess it helps he started off as a Marvel U charcater so he applies in the same way Quicksilber and Scarlet Witch does)

On a unrelated note despite the storybook fantasy stuff being my favorite part of Once Upon of Time, the Wonderland spin off looks like garbage.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: October 22, 2013, 09:39:57 PM »
These two are not the types to go back on their explanations, especially when the fandom is fucking crazy about these details (including myself). In fact, they hate when people go back on etablished canon (They call it "Lucasing it")

"These guys don't change established canon."

"I don't understand why these guys changed established canon."
[/quote

Hey dipshit, that isn't what I said. I just want to know how the history goes.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: October 22, 2013, 10:20:50 PM »
:D :D :D

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: October 22, 2013, 10:40:06 PM »
now now, no name calling child(ren).

Five Minutes into shield and it makes sense that their still isn't alot of people on their index list. I'm wonder how does something quantify to be put on the index .

Also they're digging deep with the peeps to use on the show. 
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/61102/1543627-screen_shot_2010_12_03_at_10.56.47_pm.png

I wonder how they can use a charcater who's a mutant. (I guess it helps he started off as a Marvel U charcater so he applies in the same way Quicksilber and Scarlet Witch does)

They stated that they have a list of characters they can use and which ones they can't.
There is a list that Marvel can't touch (the Spider-man, F4 & X-Men list) and there is the list that Marvel TV studio can't touch (things that will be used by Marvel Movie studios).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: October 23, 2013, 12:52:49 AM »
The Girl in the flower dress "Reyna" is FOINE. firmly puts Skye in a second place, with plenty of elbow and leg room to spare. Not even debatable.

But the Agents of SHIELD improvement meter ticks up another notch this week, for those of you sitting on the sidelines waiting to catch up once it crosses a specific. It's getting there slowly.

Next episode isnt' for 2 weeks, but things are moving forward.
It appears AIM is the big bad company behind things since they are pushing Extremis tech, and someone somewhere says that this series is taking place post-Avengers but pre-IM3, and will line up with the MCU during the season finale. We'll see if that is true and how that goes, but sounds good to me.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: October 23, 2013, 01:19:02 AM »
The series can't take place Pre Iron Man 3 right. I mean that defeats the purpose of Starks struggle if shield already had a partial cure for Extemis. 

Still I hope they don't kill off Simmons. I can't take another nerdy, akward, yet still fine as hell girls dying in wheadon shows.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: October 23, 2013, 03:53:06 AM »
You may be right about the Extremis thing, but that was just one person talking.

The preview for next ep did make it look like Simmons may be in trouble, and from what I'm hearing, Wheadon likes to kill off a main character fairly early on in his shows.... but I think it was a misdirect.

Also the Skye reveal at the end sounds very much like they are pushing the Jessica Drew (aka Spider-woman) angle.

Speculation on GAF as to who the "clairvoyant" is
either the original Black Widow:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Widow_%28Marvel_Comics%29

or someone with connection to Jessica Drew:
http://marvel.wikia.com/Herbert_Wyndham_%28Earth-616%29

anyone want to place their bets?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: October 23, 2013, 04:42:03 AM »
Person of Interest - Shaw, Carter and Root are utterly and totally badass. Some of the best female characters on TV.

Agents of Shield -

1 - Verizon product placement on a SHIELD communication box? Really?
2 - In the car chase he actually plays a 5 second video on his phone called gridlock.mp4 in an app called "Act 1 Video Player". Really??
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:15:42 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: October 23, 2013, 09:23:38 AM »
Agent of Shield has product placement but then Breaking Bad had a ton if you were looking.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: October 23, 2013, 09:49:51 AM »
Product placement isn't a problem, but it wasn't even done with class. It was just slapped in the centre of the image. The point that got me truly was the gridlock video he played on his phone to imply he hacked the traffic systems when you actually see the file name and the app name in the same image.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: October 23, 2013, 10:39:19 AM »
Product placement isn't a problem, but it wasn't even done with class. It was just slapped in the centre of the image. The point that got me truly was the gridlock video he played on his phone to imply he hacked the traffic systems when you actually see the file name and the app name in the same image.

True, that was pretty lazy.... unless you believe that he is a hacker that wrote the program to look like something else less conspicuous on purpose.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: October 23, 2013, 10:42:58 AM »

You don't seem to watch most TV shows do you. Have you seen Arrow or most CW shows its total microsoft or whoever is sponsering the show product placement.

Take Gossip Girl it had cell phone product placment for sometime to the point that despite these being rich kids who would have all had iphones in 2006, they instead still had Blackberry style phones and droids.

I don't think SKye is Jessica Drew at all. Nine times out of ten she's Coulson and May's daughter.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: October 23, 2013, 10:59:31 AM »
I don't think SKye is Jessica Drew at all. Nine times out of ten she's Coulson and May's daughter.

Did you run this through a scenario probability machine?

9x out of 10?  Although I could see that also being a probability assuming they had a physical relationship like they almost alluded to earlier in the episode; "If you want I can lay out the mats downstairs and we can go a few rounds" (paraphrased), I'm not so sure.
(edit: it was also alluded to last episode - Skye: "Mom and dad are fighting downstairs"
let's hope that wasn't some foreshadowing - I would hope that Coulson would know that he had gotten May preggo and that May would have had SHIELD keep track of her daughter if she had to give her up. Fury at the very least would have known what was up. I really don't want to see a 'surprise!! we are your parents/I am your daughter' scene)

The whole missing parents, don't know who they are, working for a "Terrorist" organization, infiltrating SHIELD, ability to win over men (good looks or pheromones) against their better judgement, and the fact that we don't even know her real name or any of her history is all lining up with Jessica Drew at this point.

They've already established that there are people out there with special abilities (aka Scorch & The Clairvoyant), so it wouldn't be out of this world to think that Skye may have some dormant powers that she wasn't aware of or hadn't quite manifested yet.
Ward:  "You can't save everyone from themselves" -
Coulson: "You can if you get to them early enough" (that comment could have had a double meaning.)

and i'm expecting alot more Freak of the Week episodes going forward as they try to locate the people on this short list before AIM decides to ramp them up into super beings. Besides I would love to see more of Reyna (actress Ruth Negga) preferably on screen the same time as Skye (actress Chloe Bennet)... so much eye candy in the last episode.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:21:13 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: October 23, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »
Well that and the allusion that the writers have been giving that May and Coulson had some prior relationship. While it would be a bit corny, I wouldn't put it past Wheadon to pull that card. Skye probably isn't Jessica Drew either since Drew is most likey in the top three candidates for the first female solo film. If we do see Drew on shield its most likely going to be as a different charcater, since Spider-woman is more affilated with Sword than she is with shield.

If we are dealing with AIM as the main villain than i'm guessing Reyna is the MCU version of superia. I still want to know when exactly the show takes place.   

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: October 23, 2013, 09:22:22 PM »
Person of Interest - GOTDAMN SON!!!

"Gross" - LMFAO

Shaw and Det. Carter - Beautiful and deadly. Watch The F*** OUT!!
These women do not play.
Shaw I was aware of, but Carter just stepped her game up to level 11. She just crossed a line she can't come back from, but she had to play her hand. And play it well she did.

This show is like, What If!?
What if there were 2 Batmans, 1 Robin and an Oracle. They were licensed to kill and willing to do it.
They have an unlimited bank account and access to all the info they will need. No costumes. No Toys. And they always play for keeps.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: October 23, 2013, 09:47:46 PM »
Let me just also say that if you are into Vampire Diaries
The Originals is very much worth checking out.

Klaus is very much in his element in this show.
You have to make it past the 1st episode, which is an edited and extended recut of the backdoor pilot from last season of VD, after that it gets pretty good. Last ep was pretty good.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: October 23, 2013, 10:45:53 PM »
Dumb question.  If blinking activates the backscatter/x-ray vision, wouldn't her handler notice that the SHIELD agent blinking isn't activating the backscatter?