Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199212 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2575 on: October 16, 2013, 05:03:48 PM »
Just watched the new shield and its slowly improving but my main problem is that they make the pre avengers world Mudane the publicd dodn't know what super powers were. While I do thinl the Avengers will be considered the turning point, there was a still of pretty public super fuckery going on if we take the other films etc into account.

I'm also peeved once I got into sleeply hollow the show decides to go on breake until novemeber. 
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: October 16, 2013, 05:31:36 PM »
Agents of Shield has the exact same problem as Stargate Universe.

A bunch of characters defined purely as "purposes" with an arc which is set to blow up at the end of the season.

Difference is, SGU has better set design, better CGI, and better incidental music.

I still can't get over the 6-engined bus. When the 084 blew a hole in the side of the plane it should have damaged the rear wing and engine at the same time
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 05:33:29 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: October 16, 2013, 11:49:57 PM »
Arrow s2ep2

WTF!!!!!? :confused; ?

you can't end on a cliff hanger like that.
I need the next episode to start ASAP! just like the first 30 seconds of it or something.

And I guess the no killing rule is in full effect. 2.5 trick arrows used this episode.
Smoke, taser & bolocuffs. This will come back to bite him in the ass.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:01:50 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: October 17, 2013, 12:26:57 AM »
Batman wouldn't let himself get suckered into that situation at the DA's office. ;)

I think he's going to be forced to kill somebody pretty soon.

I also think Alderman Blood is going to be a baddy.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: October 17, 2013, 01:17:44 PM »
Well Alderman Blood is Brother Blood is in the comics a notable Teen Titan bad guy.

Trick Arrows for the win. I know people may not like them but their part of the reason why I like characters like Green Arrow and Hawkeye.

Laurel is such an annoying character. Her Motivation makes no sense what so ever. "Your bad because your your Battle with Malcom Meryln caused Tommys death".

Right there I would have went off on Laurel because the guy had a fucking earthquake mahcine and wanted to level the glades, and to be completely fair I did Kill him and stop the machine, but no one would have guessed he would have a back up plan.

Tommy only died becuase Laurel didn't leave the glades when her father told her two and than she went back into a burning building during a earthquake for some files.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: October 17, 2013, 03:24:53 PM »
Tommy only died becuase Laurel didn't leave the glades when her father told her two and than she went back into a burning building during a earthquake for some files.

That is likely the reason she is really mad. it's all deflection. She can't bear that it was her own selfish professional greed that got Tommy Killed and if "The Hood" had been a real hero, he would have been in two places at once... because... well... just because he should have known how important those files were to her ongoing cases.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: October 19, 2013, 02:57:32 AM »
Legend of Korra 2x07–08 Beginnings

HOLY ****

Holy sheeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiit.

asdfsdadswfswrsfaqsqsssss!

##%#@!ssssaaaaa!

Amazing! Absolutely amazing!

This was just as good as ATLA finale! And ATLA finale was the best thing i ever saw!

Wow. Bryke put a solid foundation under whole Avatar business, created completely new mythology for this one. I know it sounds cheezy, but this changes evrything...

Wow.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:59:31 AM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: October 19, 2013, 10:51:03 AM »
Agreed.  Also, loved the art style for the flashback sequence.

The entire episode(s) was amazing.  Just when Korra was going from "watch it as soon as possible" to "when I get around to it", it's jumped back to "hmm... should I wait for the wife?" status. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: October 19, 2013, 02:03:26 PM »
The thing I found funny about beginings is that it retroactively makes Korra's Super Sayin style use of the Avatar State okay, as that's how Wan used. (his use was more of a spirit fusion but its the same thing.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: October 19, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »
*sigh* Do we really have to go back to Korra now? I think it says a lot about how terribly-written Korra has been as a character that all the best episodes of this season basically ignore her.  After an hour watching Wan's journey, I just wanted the show to stay there and follow him. He's about 10x more likeable and more engaging to watch.

But yeah, that was a very good two-parter, though the art style took some getting used to. It was nice seeing the genesis of so many of the key aspects of this series, and we finally have some idea of what Umalak's big plan is.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: October 19, 2013, 03:12:43 PM »
My only worry is where they go as a series when they defeat the source of all evil in this season.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: October 19, 2013, 03:44:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure that they established that the darkness can never be defeated, etc., etc...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: October 19, 2013, 04:56:13 PM »
I'm guessing were going to see this season playout with the coming of Vatta being set up as the main goal for the series. The way that Sozin's comet was set up in the second book of TLB as the main arc for the next two books.

I'm guessing Korra stops the Civil War and Unaloq becomes an Anto-Avatar with the next two books having their own plots that all lead up to fighting the devil.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: October 19, 2013, 05:37:40 PM »
I guess I should start watching Legend of Korra again.
Kinda lost interest in the 1st 2 episodes of this season.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: October 19, 2013, 09:47:49 PM »
Wrong, the creators have already said that each season will be its own mini series, esch with their own villian. Vatta is the season 2 villain, which is why I'm wondering what they'll do after this.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: October 19, 2013, 11:08:48 PM »
Aliens
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: October 20, 2013, 12:25:25 AM »
There will be a discovery of a 5th tribe of people with a previously undiscovered 5th power.

This will baffle everyone as they thought the Avatar has all the elements....

So what is this 5th Power and what happens when the Avatar calls upon it!?

It is Heart. and when all those powers are combined, they summon earth's greatest champion. CAPTAIN PLANET!!!

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: October 21, 2013, 09:24:24 AM »
What if Unalaq knows how Wan became the first Avatar and is trying to become one himself? Two Avatars?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: October 21, 2013, 09:53:51 AM »
Lots of Avatar spoilers.  Nothing new (aside from predictions), but spoiling anyway.

I also assume they're going to go with some kinda of nega-Avatar, with the dark spirit infusing himself into Unalaq - but Wan didn't get his multiple-bending powers from the spirit, he still got them from the Lion Turtles.

If I recall correctly, by Aang's time, there's only one Lion Turtle left - one that grants the power to "Energy Bend" (which Aang used to take away Ozai's bending ability... which sounds a lot like how we supposedly saw Water Bending used in Season 1).

What if Vaatu originally teamed up with Amon, sought out the only remaining Lion Turtle, learned Energy Bending, and planned to use Amon to fight the Avatar... but Amon was too weak and focused on his own goals, so Vaatu chose another host - one closer to the Avatar.

Now, with this Energy Bending ability, the whole time that Amon was "taking" bending, he was actually /taking/ it, and whomever is bonded with the spirit of Vaatu now has the power to bend all five elements - just like the Avatar.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: October 21, 2013, 10:19:19 AM »
Wrong again. :)

They've already said that Amon's "energybending" is him simply using his incredibly advanced waterbending to change the chi flow in one's chakras to permanently prevent bending. However, it can be fixed.

Aang's energybending that was given to him by the lion turtle is different. He undergoes an in battle with the other person, and has to have an unbendable spirit or else it'll turn on him. That, on the other hand, cannot be reversed.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: October 21, 2013, 10:24:47 AM »
There is also no reason why Vaato couldn't ask for the power to hold elements from the Lion Turtles either. They seemed pretty willing to give it to pretty much anyone. It's not as inciteful as your explanation, but it still works.

Either way, it seems like that's where it's headed. Why else would Unalaq trick the Avatar into opening the portal to the Spirit World? Why else would he spend time in the bridge between the two worlds if not to talk to Vaato.

And how utterly convenient for Korra to know exactly how she became the Avatar.

Anyway, brilliant hour long episode. Possibly the best episode since the finale or least the only one since that has given me goosebumps.

It really is too bad that we probably won't see Wan again. As Broodwars said, he has way more personality than Korra.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:28:32 AM by Stogi »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: October 21, 2013, 11:52:35 AM »
I wouldn't say that Wan or Aang for that matter has more personality that Korra's its just their each more likable.

Korra has a pretty fleshed out personality (as does her supporting cast) She's a bit of a narsacstic entitled Bitch to be honest, and it was done intentionally by the writers. 

Remember Korra didn't have any struggle and her personality is built upon who she is.

Wan had to learn Humilty through his mistakes and his character arc made him a better person. Dude already had a bit of a ersonality and that kind hearted yet ready to fight spirit created the Avatar.

Anng didn't even know that he was supposed to be the Avatar till he was 11. Dude grew up as a normal kid with no expectations giving him the personality of a regular monk. It wasn't until the Firenation really started to push that the monks told Aaang and like any kid who had been alienated from his friends an has the fate of the world on his shoulders he couldn't deal so he ran.

Korra however we know knew she was the Avatar from around 4 or 5. After Annag and the last team Avatar saved the world, she grew up with a big head like anyone knowing they're the Avatar in a time piece would. She didn't have to train hard as everything came easy to her, and despite her family being poor Korra due to who she is wanted for nothing. Hell we see multiple times in republic city where Korra and her friends assume that being the Avatar should her special privileges.

Korra with who she is and season 1's main setting could be a a commentary on the this generations youth who have a self importance about them on top of their parents successes. Or I could be giving the writers to much credit and Korra is a Teen Drama in the avatar world.

It seems people tend to hate the character for having a personality, just not one they would like. Being the Avatar doesn't exclusively make you a good person.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: October 21, 2013, 08:39:59 PM »
Wrong again. :)

They've already said that Amon's "energybending" is him simply using his incredibly advanced waterbending to change the chi flow in one's chakras to permanently prevent bending. However, it can be fixed.

Aang's energybending that was given to him by the lion turtle is different. He undergoes an in battle with the other person, and has to have an unbendable spirit or else it'll turn on him. That, on the other hand, cannot be reversed.

We have no evidence that it cannot be reversed.

As for the idea that Amon used advanced waterbending - he had to have some kind of explanation.  Did you expect him to just say "Oh, evil spirit Vaatu helped me gain this power." and give away his biggest secret?

There is also no reason why Vaato couldn't ask for the power to hold elements from the Lion Turtles either. They seemed pretty willing to give it to pretty much anyone. It's not as inciteful as your explanation, but it still works.

I think it was established that the other the other turtle lions are extinct by Aang's time.  They wouldn't be able to give Vaatu the bending powers by the time he escaped.

It really is too bad that we probably won't see Wan again. As Broodwars said, he has way more personality than Korra.

It'd be neat if they did a new series after Korra that featured 2-3 episode story arcs and told a single event in various lives of the various Avatars.  Maybe somehow tie these various events into a singular event in a post-Korra Avatar story as the season finale.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: October 21, 2013, 09:08:28 PM »
That's the greatest thing about Avatar. There are literally hundreds of main characters they could choose from.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: October 21, 2013, 09:16:01 PM »
I just wonder if the audience would be receptive to the idea that they would have a new cast of characters every 2-3 episodes.  Part of what makes the series great is the supporting cast and the character development.  You'd lose that in a 2-3 episode rotating mini-series.