Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1198994 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #1925 on: February 18, 2012, 03:08:31 PM »
I don't want to spoil anything, but I think you may change your mind about him a bit once you've completely caught up with the show.

Yuuuuuuuuup.

QTFF
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: February 18, 2012, 08:36:35 PM »
Legal schmegal. BBC does make quite a lot of their shows available on their website. Perhaps check there?

Season 2 is, unbelievably, even better than the first. I do agree with Broodwars however, in that the show's Moriarty just doesn't do it for me. He doesn't quite come across as the criminal mastermind, working from the shadows. Actually, I think that it was Broodwars that so aptly compared him to the Joker.

I think they only have Series 1 on their website, but I'm not sure. I'll check.

And wow, the first series sure ended on a great cliffhanger. The entire episodes was freaking amazing. Will Anderson (from the first episode) be in any other episodes? His dynamic with Holmes was pretty hilarious.

EDIT: Just checked BBC. They don't have the episodes on their website. I don't want to wait til May to watch them on BBC so I think I'll just find them online.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:41:27 PM by Oblivion »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: February 26, 2012, 10:33:32 PM »
I've been watching Workaholics all day while I tried to fix my phone (bricked it, but that a story for a different thread)

I'm up to ep10 right now and this show is pretty damn funny.
I've seen a few episodes before and enjoyed them, but now I'm watching it straight through the 1st season on Netflix. It's kinda like Always Sunny in an office environment instead of a bar. Actually I think that's the perfect description, Comedy Central's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: February 27, 2012, 01:22:49 AM »
Latest episode of Spartacus: *Applause*
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: February 27, 2012, 05:40:16 AM »
I've been watching Workaholics all day while I tried to fix my phone (bricked it, but that a story for a different thread)

I'm up to ep10 right now and this show is pretty damn funny.
I've seen a few episodes before and enjoyed them, but now I'm watching it straight through the 1st season on Netflix. It's kinda like Always Sunny in an office environment instead of a bar. Actually I think that's the perfect description, Comedy Central's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Yeah, that's the way I've described it to my friends. The characters are a little more varied than in Always Sunny, which is nice too. The Mitchell Hurwitz cameo in Season 2 is awesome.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: February 29, 2012, 10:25:40 AM »
I don't want to spoil anything, but I think you may change your mind about him a bit once you've completely caught up with the show.

Yuuuuuuuuup.

QTFF

I just finished the last ep of season 4 a few minutes ago, it was fucking awesome. Gus Fring is probably my favourite TV character/villian in a long time. I don't think they really thought about an exit strategy once they did that though, looks like this is going to bite them in the ass later on.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:29:26 AM by Lithium »

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: February 29, 2012, 11:59:06 AM »
I'm pretty sure they've got an exit strategy sussed out seeing as season 5 is the final season (albeit split into 2 mini-seasons).
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 01, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
Also I forgot to mention one of the most hilarious death scenes in the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwzDqN7foyI

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 01, 2012, 09:42:11 PM »
Also I forgot to mention one of the most hilarious death scenes in the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwzDqN7foyI

It never was confirmed that that was it for him. What if we see him again?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 02, 2012, 01:46:19 PM »

It never was confirmed that that was it for him. What if we see him again?

its funny and very Fargo-esque
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: March 06, 2012, 12:53:03 AM »
Anyone who was a fan of Avatar (The Last Airbender, not Dances with Wolves in Space), Nick has set up the Facebook page with some info on the new series/new season...  Can't wait!

http://sot.ag/NTM0MDMw

(PS: I get points for a contest thingee if you click that link - and more if you register for updates.  Alternatively, you can just go to Facebook and search Avatar. :D)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 06, 2012, 08:37:55 AM »
Alcatraz - This show is beginning to piss me off. All it does is stretch things out, including characters not saying things simply to not say anything. Hauser knows way more than he says (yet everyone knows that!) but doesnt bother sharing that information with any of the other characters. Madsen herself somehow is so timid and meek in response to Hauser over and over. To add to that Soto HURLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is so unbelievably miscast because so far his character is used as a glorified info dump. Jorge Garcia's size pretty much limits any physical activity for the character on top of that.

The episode structure is based around getting the 63s as a week-to-week format but skipping the overall story arch of the series is boring me quickly.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:55:57 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 06, 2012, 11:48:49 AM »
Terra Nova has just been **** canned. I am sure there is one person very pleased with this.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 06, 2012, 01:25:58 PM »
Ironically I still haven't actually watched an episode of Terra Nova.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1939 on: March 06, 2012, 06:30:41 PM »
I liked that show. It was not as good as I hoped, but I enjoyed it and think season 2 could have been better. It's a shame it was on Fox though as its ratings are about equal to The Office (which is the highest rated show on NBC). A good example of how shows on NBC can have terrible ratings but be renewed because NBC doesn't have anything to replace them. I am sure the fact that Terra Nova was expensive to produce (IIRC, it had the most expensive pilot in history) didn't help.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1940 on: March 06, 2012, 09:30:34 PM »
I heard about this today and immediately threw a bitchin' party.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 07, 2012, 04:20:48 AM »
Zack should go have a look-see at Primeval instead. Initially it uses real dinosaurs but they quickly abandon this and use fictional ones (but the production company have made several shows and documentaries which are accurate).

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 07, 2012, 04:24:00 AM »
Terra Nova has just been **** canned. I am sure there is one person very pleased with this.

And there was much rejoicing from me.  I already described in great detail with my impressions of the pilot and the first few episodes all my problems with this series.  And judging by the reviews I saw of the episodes that followed, this will be no great loss to the television wasteland.

I'd say that "maybe Fox will put a show in its place that doesn't suck", but it's Fox.  That's a near-total impossibility.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 12, 2012, 09:58:34 AM »
I know this is like at least a year old, but I was watching Always Sunny in a strange 2 part episode which for some reason was intentional meandering along. It was strange since they usually spend an entire episode setting up one massive punchline, and they had spent two episodes being very random(More than usual). Then BAM! Lethal Weapon 5.

I have no words to express how funny it was. Not to mention they used to episodes to set it up. You can see it here, but it has been cut from the episode it was in, so some of the editing doesn't make any sense.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 24, 2012, 03:21:52 PM »
Now that I've introduced my roommates to Community and Parks & Rec and we're all caught up with those, we've moved on to a new comedy, and it's Curb Your Enthusiasm. I'd never seen it before, but I'd always heard good things, and I have to say this show is fantastic. Larry David proves yet again that he is a master of comedy, and the cast around him is great. I'm only about halfway through the first season, and the one of us that's seen it before says it just gets better from here. I'm excited to see more of it!
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 24, 2012, 03:27:01 PM »
Wait till you meet the Blacks.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 24, 2012, 09:43:00 PM »
I feels so sorry for Larry. They piss me off so much.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 24, 2012, 10:33:05 PM »
Racist.

But seriously, Leon Black is the funniest character on the show hands down.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 24, 2012, 10:50:10 PM »
Curb has been on my "maybe one day" list for a long time.

How many seasons is the show? maybe I'll add it to my sooner rather than later list.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 24, 2012, 10:58:18 PM »
I have 7 seasons; I think there may be 1 or 2 more I don't have. They're only 10 episode seasons, though, so you can burn through them pretty quick.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent