Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199191 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #1575 on: September 26, 2011, 03:43:15 PM »
Killing Jessie isn't going to happen since he's too influential in the series, but it would solve Walt's problem and if this show is becoming more like the 'The Wire', it probably could happen. If I had to guess, I think Walt might go state and go into witness protection. Jessie isn't going to kill Gus. He saved Gus. Now you know where his loyalty lies. There is no way Walt can convince him, not through words anyways.  As far as I'm concerned, as Walt, Jessie is expendable especially if it saves my family's life.

But in terms of plot, my guess is that Walt will use his brother-in-law to take on Gus. He'll become Columbo like his brother-in-law was joking with him about.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:47:54 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 26, 2011, 03:46:34 PM »
it also didn't help that Walt said he wanted to kill Gus to Mike, or that he caused this huge leak by killing Gale, killing Gale pissed Gus off, from all accounts he created Gale years ago. Gus seems to be someone who can be loyal, Walt's idea that Gus was going to kill him was unreasonable paranoia, he was thinking Gus was going to be some gangter like Tuco, but this is not the case, he's much too smart, Walt should have never had Jesse kill Gale

Yeah, coming clean to Hank might be a chess move for Walt, or really really piss him off

Why is Walt laughing? Imagine if you were in a contest to see whose year was Worse?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:55:38 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 26, 2011, 03:54:48 PM »
If Walt didn't kill Gale, he would have been shot in the face. I don't understand how he couldn't kill Gale. And Gus is gangster, he may be smart, but he's been trying to replace and kill Walt from the beginning. His ties into the DEA are too severe.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 26, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »
No, i think Walt would just be unemployed. Gale replacing Walt means Walt is just useless, but not expendable, Walt doesnt want to go to the DEA because it puts Walt in jail too. Gus would know this and have trust in Walt. Walt however jumped the gun. Also, even if Walt was no longer needed in chemistry, he could have postured himself better with Gus. Walt constantly makes bad decisions, he shouldn't have tipped off the DEA on Hank till he was free and clear out of Harm's way, and always don't count your eggs till they've hatched. That stupid car wash too, there are much better ways to launder money. Heck if he asked he could have been board of directors at Dos Hermanos, if anyone recalls Gus invited Walt to dinner and had a candid conversation about how when he started in the business he made a bunch of mistakes and how he could help advise him to keep this from happening. Walt is a valuable asset because he knows how to make super meth, but heres the deal as a gangster id go with 70% purity, Gale wouldnt be any more valuable than Walt

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 26, 2011, 04:39:59 PM »

Walt will try and communicate with Jessie again.
Walt will tell Jessie that Gus threatened his family, and that Jessie's family (the hot chick and her son) could be next.
I doubt Mike would flip, but just the fact that he never told Gus about his conversations with Walt, leads me to believe that Mike kept quiet just incase Walt became a viable exit strategy for Mike's early retirement.
Jessie is gonna get a little cocky and misjudge the generosity of Gus up to this point as weakness, and refuse to cook because of the drama with Mr. White. Gus is gonna flex his pimp hand and show Jessie that his freedom of choice in the matter was just an illusion this whole time.
Work condition quickly deteriorate and Jessie's performance does the same, Jessie figures at that point that the only way out was to have listened to what Mr. White had said all along and kill Gus (since Gus likely threatened Jessie's family at this point too just to keep him cooking).
The **** hits the fan after Walt Jr. and Hank's wife are killed. Walt no longer feeling he has anything left to lose becomes Heisenberg X and sets his sights on Gus in the worst way and after Gus is taken care of, Mike immediately stands down since "the boss is dead and he no longer has anyone left to fight for".

I don't expect all of that to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of that came true.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 26, 2011, 07:10:08 PM »
that certainly would be some good episodes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 26, 2011, 07:17:07 PM »
Jessie isn't going to kill Gus. He saved Gus. Now you know where his loyalty lies.

To Mike?
If Jessie has shown anything, it's that the closer he gets to Mike, the more he withdraws from Walt. He even opened the door for the doctors to take Mike first before the doctors realized that Gus was in the backseat.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 26, 2011, 07:40:40 PM »
Dexter: 8.5/10
Episode one got leaked on to the interwebs and I managed to see it. Overall, the show was very good, there was good killing, good progression of Dexter's character, interesting plot setups, and a changing of relationships that I liked to see. I did have two problems with it though: *Note first spoiler is minor, second is major, but I try not to give too much away in either.

1. The first two people he kills he does by electricity. He still ties them down and does his ritual, but still...

2. They've introduced religion to the show in a much bigger way than they did with Santa Muerte. Dexter's apparent main enemy is ritualistic in his killings, but religiously so, and even has a sort of spirit guide with him, though his is physical, unlike Dexter's hallucinations of his dad. Then Dexter is also starting Harrison in Pre-K and takes him to a Catholic school which brings up religious questions for Dexter's life and life overall. I'm a little worried that the show might be trying to tap some of the mysticism of the books, which I didn't like at all.

Pan Am: 7/10 (with a decent probability of getting better)
What happened to Christina Ricci's tits? They're gone. She's like a solid A or weak B now. But anyway, the show was surprisingly interesting, there's a historical spy aspect to go along with what would be expected of a show about stewardesses.

Boardwalk Empire: 8/10
Why the hell didn't they do a recap? Otherwise, great freaking show. I'm not even going to say anything else, just watch it, seriously.

Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 26, 2011, 08:03:28 PM »
They did a recap. It was at the beginning of the show before the "HBO AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" comes on.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 27, 2011, 01:00:29 AM »
Christina Ricci got them axed around Speed Racer. While I am surre she had her reasons, I am sure nobody anywhere is happy with it.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 27, 2011, 03:13:42 AM »
Newest Doctor Who episode.  Not a bad episode except...  They felt a need to fill there Cyberman  quota..  At least Cyber-gnat came back
It was an alright episode. They could have substituted the Cybermen for just about anything, though. They didn't play a very prominent role, after all.
Yes they could of and I wish they would have.  Except I was glad to see Cyber-Gnat but that's from the old line of Cybermen.

They really didn't. The episode felt like a stop-off to the big arrival which is next week.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 27, 2011, 03:14:32 AM »
American Dad - Officially funnier tham Family Guy. That episode with Cee Lo was hilarious. And i never get bored of Steve's singing.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 27, 2011, 10:03:58 AM »
They did a recap. It was at the beginning of the show before the "HBO AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" comes on.

Hmmm... somehow my DVR missed that.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 27, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »
American Dad - Officially funnier tham Family Guy. That episode with Cee Lo was hilarious. And i never get bored of Steve's singing.
The first Season was better then Family guy but then it turned into a Family Guy clone for the most part.  Stopped watching after that.

Also just looked at a picture of Christina Ricci.  Yeah...  She's scary looking.

On Dexter my Wife and I are finishing up last season and I have to say the writers are doing a terrible job with it.  So many inconsistancies with Dexter the character as he been developing the rest of the series.  They are really missing the boat with what it means for Dexter to be a Single Dad and Harrison.  People fly off the handle at a moments notice.  Make assumption at the bat of an eye.  It seems as bad as "You had Grape juice this morning you must have cheated on me."  Then they have the original Black Cop side story going on all over again but with a different cop.  Deb is dating another loser in the big picture.  Lumen is not even pretty or an interesting character.  If the writers don't step up there game then they should just stop.  They are even getting the Mytho wrong.  They had someone taking Pictures of Dexter dumping the bodies into the ocean when its well established he is out there and there wouldn't be a strong enough Telescopic lens to take those pictures.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:16:37 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 27, 2011, 03:53:23 PM »

"Tractor Boy......Got you in my tractor beam."

And just in case someone didn't see the Cee Lo green episode he's talking about, watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlTBwGRomLM
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:05:47 PM by Stogi »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: September 27, 2011, 05:16:08 PM »
So the season finale to Alphas aired last night, and DAMN it was awesome and epic.  It did everything a season finale should do: it answered some questions, presented a lot more, introduced some new plot twists, showcased some awesome character moments, and ended on an epic cliffhanger to leave the audience wanting more.  I don't want to spoil it for anyone else who hasn't seen it yet so I'll let it at that for now, but suffice it to say that Alphas has officially thrown down the gauntlet to end its first season and I'm very satisfied with that.  I'm eagerly looking forward to this show's return next summer.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: September 27, 2011, 06:41:27 PM »
Alphas reminds me alot of The 4400, and that is a very good thing.

and I actually just found out that the show runner from The 4400 has been running the show since after the pilot episode, so that's probably why :P.

I also watched Terra Nova. not bad, shows promise, blah blah blah, but the dinosaur CGI was pretty bad. Almost reminded me Raptor Island, only with an actual budget attached. I guess i kinda hped for better effects considering that Jurassic Park was 15 or years ago and even video have approached a level where they could have done some effects a little better, but I see the show having plenty of room to get better. I'll tune in for a second week.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: September 27, 2011, 06:42:05 PM »
MaryJane on BoardWalk empire, they also replayed all the episodes in marathon on Sunday. Which was good, because i got them on my DVR for the HBO preview weekend. Otherwise I wouldn't have it to watch.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 27, 2011, 10:15:34 PM »
I also watched Terra Nova. not bad, shows promise, blah blah blah, but the dinosaur CGI was pretty bad. Almost reminded me Raptor Island, only with an actual budget attached. I guess i kinda hped for better effects considering that Jurassic Park was 15 or years ago and even video have approached a level where they could have done some effects a little better, but I see the show having plenty of room to get better. I'll tune in for a second week.

My feelings exactly. Exactly like, I was just about to post this but read this first, Jurassic Park reference and everything. Oh but not Raptor Island, I don't even know what that is.

MaryJane on BoardWalk empire, they also replayed all the episodes in marathon on Sunday. Which was good, because i got them on my DVR for the HBO preview weekend. Otherwise I wouldn't have it to watch.

Damn, wish I had seen that... I watched season 5 of Dexter the week before watching the 1st episode and that definitely helped.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:17:54 PM by MaryJane »

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: September 27, 2011, 10:16:56 PM »
sorry... double post I meant to write in the quick reply and then copy and paste in edit then forgot...

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: September 28, 2011, 05:12:28 AM »
My single question for Terra Nova: does the CGI and set design surpass Stargate Universe? which has the best CGI on tv STILL!

Also, does anybody remember Shadow Raiders from the 1990s?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:23:19 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: September 28, 2011, 12:59:38 PM »

Yes.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1597 on: September 28, 2011, 11:25:55 PM »
American Dad has been funnier than Family Guy for a long time IMO.

Anyways, my and my GF started watching True Blood and have gotten through the first 2 1/2 episodes. I love it. The third episode got a lot weirder than the first two, but it's interesting. I can't watch the show live even if I wanted to though since I don't have HBO.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: September 29, 2011, 02:44:42 AM »

Yes.

I REALLY wish that got a third season to wrap it up. After they found the planet engines it really opened up what they could do with that series. Although they never explained how atmosphere and weather was affected by the use of them and how there was never permanent night and winter - but these are minor points.

Wiki does say there was some sort of shield in place, oops.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:22:56 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: September 29, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
This show had so much potential, and even more now if it were ever to have a video-game... a Star Fox clone.