Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199022 times)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #1550 on: September 21, 2011, 03:05:35 PM »
Bad news for fans of Sherlock (the TV series, not the inferior-but-noisier movies with RDJ although RDJ is a great Sherlock in his own right, they don't have the chemistry as Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch), season 2 has been delayed to 2012 :(
Typical BBC Rubbish.

Wait, are you calling Sherlock rubbish?

No. Way.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: September 21, 2011, 05:28:49 PM »
The delay is rubbish. You damn Yanks, can't even decipher the Queen's English.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:07:44 AM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 21, 2011, 05:29:56 PM »
Bad news for fans of Sherlock (the TV series, not the inferior-but-noisier movies with RDJ although RDJ is a great Sherlock in his own right, they don't have the chemistry as Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch), season 2 has been delayed to 2012 :(
Typical BBC Rubbish.

Wait, are you calling Sherlock rubbish?

No. Way.
Edit: Morari beat me to it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 21, 2011, 08:08:09 PM »
Fastest keyboard in the west, partner. ;)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 22, 2011, 02:58:54 AM »
I'm not a yank, but yes  :-X

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: September 24, 2011, 01:35:14 AM »
I recently started watching a new anime, one apparently based on the live-action sci-fi/horror series Supernatural.  I'm a couple of episodes in, and honestly it's hard to get a bead on this series.  For one thing, this series is just not designed for newcomers.  After a couple of episodes, if I didn't have my best friend watching it with me who had seen the live-action series, I wouldn't know such "minor" things as: "who are these guys?", "what do they do?", "why do they do it?", "what is their goal?", etc.  This series just doesn't seem designed for newcomers to this universe, and it makes getting into it more difficult than it should be for a premise this formulaic.

As for the stories themselves, so far they're pretty standard horror archetypes, though the second episode is full of plot holes.  The writing just seems to be missing a certain "snap" to it that engages the viewer and keeps them interested.  The animation's disappointing considering this is a Madhouse production, but considering I just learned today that studio was also responsible for gutter trash like Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals (the show where a character's ass glowing is actually a critical plot point), maybe I need to start downgrading my expectations for that studio.

Another show that's started gearing back up lately is Young Justice.  Two episodes into this "new season", and the show's definitely improving.  The writing has that certain "snap" to it I alluded earlier, with amusing little jokes and DC universe references hidden in the script that makes the show fun to watch.  That said, I am pretty close to despising the two characters that seem to be getting a lot of the spotlight lately: Ms. Martian and Superboy.  Ms. Martian...good god.  I'd say the reason I hate her can't be summed up in words but yes they can, two of them specifically in fact.  As for Superboy, he's a whiny, emo, fairly unlikeable bitch.  To say he has a personality is an overstatement.  The show's going to have to work a lot harder to make me like these characters, and it's not like they're the only troublesome members of this cast (Robin with his wordplay puns and Flash with his libido are annoying as well).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 24, 2011, 01:42:18 AM »
I recently started watching a new anime, one apparently based on the live-action sci-fi/horror series Supernatural.  I'm a couple of episodes in, and honestly it's hard to get a bead on this series.  For one thing, this series is just not designed for newcomers.  After a couple of episodes, if I didn't have my best friend watching it with me who had seen the live-action series, I wouldn't know such "minor" things as: "who are these guys?", "what do they do?", "why do they do it?", "what is their goal?", etc.  This series just doesn't seem designed for newcomers to this universe, and it makes getting into it more difficult than it should be for a premise this formulaic.
LOL. Ok, stop right there, go watch the live series. It the best and only consistently really good thing the CW has had going for it for years. I know you prefer your animation, but this is a good show. You should definitely go watch it.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 24, 2011, 01:54:34 AM »
LOL. Ok, stop right there, go watch the live series. It the best and only consistently really good thing the CW has had going for it for years. I know you prefer your animation, but this is a good show. You should definitely go watch it.

Yeah, I had hoped to experience this franchise the other way around, figuring that if I just didn't like the show, at worst I'm only out 24 half-hour episodes of my life.  If I did like it, I thought I'd check out the live-action series.  But hey, I thought that maybe the Japanese would write an anime adaptation that didn't assume you'd already seen the live-action series.  I might check out the live-action series instead.

But since you have seen the series, you might enjoy the anime version.  From what I've heard from my friend, the main characters are drawn as caricatures of their real counterparts and they have the same actors reprising their roles.  From what I've read, several episodes are actually adaptations of specific episodes from the live-action series as well.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 24, 2011, 01:58:30 AM »
I'm gonna go look for it right now.

It's in English right?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 24, 2011, 02:07:10 AM »

It's in English right?

Yes, Warner Bros. recently released it on Blu-Ray with an English dub reportedly using at least the two main characters from the live-action show, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: September 24, 2011, 02:17:20 AM »

It's in English right?

Yes, Warner Bros. recently released it on Blu-Ray with an English dub reportedly using at least the two main characters from the live-action show, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

That explains why I could only find a complete season on bluray. Netflix has it on DVD, and I would add it to my queue, but why wait.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: September 24, 2011, 06:04:05 PM »
Supernatural: Poor man's Buffy.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 25, 2011, 06:19:48 PM »
Supernatural Anime

If you are interested in the series at all, don't start with the anime. After watching more than half of the first season, I can definitely say that this anime is for already existing fans of the show. It's sort of a re-imagining of the first season (IIRC), but they just kinda throw you right into it all and slowly start to get to the motivating factors behind the characters later.

Sam is voiced by his actual Actor, Jared Padalecki, but Dean is voiced by someone else. This actually throws the show off a bit mixed with the fact that the characters don't actually resemble themselves very much (especially Bobby... WTF did they do to Bobby?). Dean is also not voiced very well either and lacks that chemistry with Sam like they do in the show. That can be a little off putting after 6 seasons of the show on TV.

This anime is still interesting and I will probably finish it sometime today, but this is more fan service for the show than an actual substitute for it. Go watch the actual show first. It's much better.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 25, 2011, 09:41:05 PM »
How did season 6 end? I kind of lost track after a few episodes in the beginning and never got to it, and just recently I noticed they were going to start season 7... like, really, already?

By the way Boardwalk Empire is back today I believe... it's probably on right now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 25, 2011, 09:52:09 PM »
Season 7 started on Friday. , You've already missed the first ep.

Season 6 (IIRC) ended with Cas teaming up with Crowley to obtain all the souls from Purgatory. He got too power hungry and the Winchesters made a tough choice and decided that they had no choice but to kill Cas. Unfortunately the Angle Blade had no effect. Cas then proclaimed that he is the new God and that all shall bow down to him. That is where the new season picks up

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 25, 2011, 10:01:37 PM »
Oh, ****. That's an epic ending. I need to go back and finish season 6 asap.
I know this is not related to season 6, but I've had this theory as to why God is hiding on Earth, and it has to do with how God is hiding from Death (Horseman) from his own death. We know that Death is as old if not older than God, so it's possible God's just hiding from his end until someone rises to the task to take his throne. I vote for Dean.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 26, 2011, 12:37:08 AM »
Ok, so I've finished the Supernatural Anime

It's like a severely condensed version of the actual show. It's missing all kinds of details considering it has the same episode count but each episode is only half as long. They changed some things and They didn't copy the story line 100%, but it's close enough.

I still advise against watching the anime before the actual show since not only is the actual show have more story elements, but it is also much deeper with character development and build-up to the climax. The anime series managed to tap into the emotional factory a little bit, but th ereal show handles everything much better.

The actual show I give a 9/10
the anime series I give a 7/10

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: September 26, 2011, 02:24:13 AM »
Breaking Bad

Someone has replaced the fan with an airplane propeller cranked up to the highest setting, then taken 2 scoops of elephant **** and flung it right towards it. I expect it to be very messy over the final 2 episodes of this season.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 26, 2011, 02:41:40 AM »
i'm about to watch it right now!

EDIT: This **** got real! Well...again...I swear I say that at the end of each episode.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:59:50 AM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 26, 2011, 10:55:25 AM »
Newest Doctor Who episode.  Not a bad episode except...  They felt a need to fill there Cyberman  quota..  At least Cyber-gnat came back
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 26, 2011, 01:14:22 PM »
It was an alright episode. They could have substituted the Cybermen for just about anything, though. They didn't play a very prominent role, after all.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 26, 2011, 01:53:07 PM »
i'm about to watch it right now!

EDIT: This **** got real! Well...again...I swear I say that at the end of each episode.

That could have been a season finale.

The screaming turning into crying turning into laughter was a crazy moment. The Whites are fucked.

Also 2 comedians being Saul's "A-Team" was pretty funny, but not as funny as this entire scene

^click for entire scene played out in gifs

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 26, 2011, 02:14:25 PM »
I honestly thought the whites had more money than that. They are sooo fucked. What would be your next move? You can't leave, you're brother in law is about to get murdered, your former partner cares about you but only enough to spare your life, and you have a fucking gangster about to kill all of you. What do you do? Kill Jessie?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 26, 2011, 03:03:27 PM »

Well considering that Skyler made him spend $1million on that carwash, then gave another $661k to Ted, that's a huge chunk of what they had already. Factor in Saul's fees and the cost of all the things that he's done for Walt/Jesse and you are probably out several more 100k. The cost of the 2 cars they bought for Jr., plus all of Walt's medical bills for the cancer (I bet most people have pretty much forgotten about the cancer) and then the bills they were picking up for Hank on top of all that, and you realize that he has likely burned through a huge chunk of his cash already.
Would've had enough to live on if it weren't for Skyler though.

As far as what would I do in that situation?
Killing Jessie probably isn't gonna happen, but helping Jessie realize that he needs to kill Gus might. Jessie is still carrying around that cig. But Walt should bunker down with Hank in his DEA protected house for now till he can figure out his money problem and/or get Jessie to come to the realization that Gus will do to him what he is trying to do to Walt right now.

But this whole situation is Walt's fault anyway for getting drunk and running his mouth at the dinner table with Hank listening, essentially re-opening the case of the blue meth.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 26, 2011, 03:28:25 PM »
It was an alright episode. They could have substituted the Cybermen for just about anything, though. They didn't play a very prominent role, after all.
Yes they could of and I wish they would have.  Except I was glad to see Cyber-Gnat but that's from the old line of Cybermen.