Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1199182 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #1475 on: August 21, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »
Are they better than the commercials for it? I remember seeing the commercials Cartoon Network aired for it before the show premiered, and thought it looked bland and uninteresting.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 21, 2011, 03:02:07 PM »
Haven't seen the commercials. Only just rediscovered Cartoon Network thanks to ThunderCats.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1477 on: August 21, 2011, 03:08:36 PM »
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 21, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »
the new Looney Tunes show is 2 and a half men, Daffy is Charlie Sheen, Bugs is the straight man in this show. I like the show, the witch cracks me up, outside her different voice, which is hilarious(she's a different witch than the one on the old cartoons), the other voiced are kinda off a bit, but Mel Blanc is dead, so not much you can do about that.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: August 21, 2011, 03:51:36 PM »
Has anyone been watching Drew Carey's Improv-a-ganza?  It's basically Whose Line Is It? V 2.0.  Pretty good stuff.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: August 21, 2011, 04:36:04 PM »
Watched a bunch of New Loony Tunes episodes online.

Too much story and nowhere near enough toon on toon violence(It's virtually non-existant). Visually it's ok if not a little cheap with the poor use of CGI. The character designs aren't bad, if a bit short. Just not enough Loony, too suburban. So tame.

The Road Runner shows aren't too bad, but don't measure up to the oldies in almost every way. The Road Runner show is completely CGI, which in itself isn't the issue, but there is no attempt of any kind to make it look like a cartoon, so the entire thing comes off feeling cheap. It's missing the drop into a ravine and leave a hole in the shape of an outline, lacking the quiet tortured desperation that the coyote has, no pulling the road off the ground as the speeds pick up. In the end the only thing better is that it has a lot of speed and it has it in spades.

Both shows has a lot of potential and hey got some of the basics, but there is massive room for improvement.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: August 21, 2011, 04:40:15 PM »
These are pretty much the first good impressions I've read on the new Looney Tunes series.  ToonZone.net had 2-3 written reviews of the first few episodes of the series, and they were very negative.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: August 21, 2011, 06:17:32 PM »
I'm not a Looney Tune critic and I was only passively watching the episodes while I was researching CM7 for my phone, so I wasn't paying too much attention to details of story and whatnot. It was humorous with some jokes aimed at older audiences and it caught my attention by making me laugh at some of them.

I did catch a quick glimpse of the roadrunner (3D CGI animated) but i didn't see the whole thing, so I couldn't form any opinion on it other than it didn't look right in CGI. And there was plenty of violence in the last 2 episodes that came on while I was at the computer. Daffy getting his face punched in by Scarlett Johansen's Bodyguard several time comes to mind.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: August 21, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »
Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner were my favorite of the original Looney Toons and I know I will just be repulsed by making them cg so it is a show I will avoid.

True Blood

Alcide might actually have a point after just being there for the whole season.  After the Sookie, Eric thing becomes so sweet my teeth hurt it seems it will finally end now that the witch is controlling him.

One thing I did like was Hoyt and Jason's reactions to Jessica.  After Jessica has that dream sequence where he was pathetic I was glad to see the real him stand up for himself and show that she really didn't know him at all.  That and Jason finally turned down some poontang.  There are still like 5 million different plots with the characters that now are all loosely connected but don't seem to have much to do with each other.

Wilfred

I saw the first episode.  I wasn't really sure what to expect when I started it except that Elijah Wood was the lead so there were talented people involved.  I like the concept and a few parts really got me.  I'll keep watching.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:36:20 PM by SixthAngel »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: August 21, 2011, 10:44:07 PM »
Wilfred will grow on you.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: August 22, 2011, 12:48:22 AM »
oh yeah that was my other complaint with the new looney tunes, the animation is crap. Looks like some more flash cartoons. I guess at least there is some representation of Bugs and Daffy, but **** Tiny Toons is still one of my favorites.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 22, 2011, 02:45:25 AM »
After watching some of Wakfu I've changed my mind about flash animation.  Some of the action scenes are absolutely amazing and if I wasn't told it was flash I wouldn't know.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 22, 2011, 06:36:22 AM »
Looney Tunes:

Lola: 'Call me!"

Daffy: 'Aha Ahahahaahahahahahah'

Me: HAHAHAHAHAHA
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 22, 2011, 07:19:18 AM »
theres nothing wrong with flash animation, its the style thats flash animation. Theoretically you could animate everything frame by frame and it would look great, but everyone has the urge to do a crapload of motion tweens.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 22, 2011, 08:14:43 AM »
I just finished a couple of collections of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. I really like this show.

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #1490 on: August 22, 2011, 10:36:23 AM »
Both Mad Men and Friday Night Lights are now on Netflix streaming, and I'm having a hard time figuring out which to watch first. Think I'm going for Mad Men.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 22, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
Looney Tunes:

Lola: 'Call me!"

Daffy: 'Aha Ahahahaahahahahahah'

Me: HAHAHAHAHAHA

That's the episode I was watching yesterday.

My reaction was exactly the same.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:19:06 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1492 on: August 22, 2011, 03:46:49 PM »
Has anyone been watching Drew Carey's Improv-a-ganza?  It's basically Whose Line Is It? V 2.0.  Pretty great stuff.

Fixed.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 22, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »
These are pretty much the first good impressions I've read on the new Looney Tunes series.  ToonZone.net had 2-3 written reviews of the first few episodes of the series, and they were very negative.

I am still negative on the new Looney tunes, it's not as bad as "You have raped my childhood and shat down it's neck" that is Buzz Bunny. But I am not going to keep wasting bandwidth watching it online if I know it's going to keep wasting my time with the whole suburban housemate routine. If Daffy isn't going to take a shotgun to the face with Bugs nibbling a carrot saying "Ain't I a stinker" and other sundry playful toon violence there isn't much to see here.

While I don't expect to see Roger Rabbit level of cleverness and adult themes, I don't want something so completely PC and inoffensive.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 22, 2011, 05:46:09 PM »
yeah, to be honest Looney Tunes should be a batshit crazy show on adult swim where they belong. I'd hate to have Aqua Teen hunger force kids 50 years from now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 23, 2011, 12:23:32 AM »
I just finished the first season of Breaking Bad. The show's fantastic. It's unpredictable, in a way The Wire (which is still a better show) never was. With it, you had a decent idea of where they were headed. You knew they'd get Avon Barksdale, but you didn't know how. With this, it just keeps escalating; you never know what'll happen next. I need to find a way to catch up to the current season before the end of the week when I move back to school.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 23, 2011, 01:11:05 AM »
I just finished the first season of Breaking Bad. The show's fantastic. It's unpredictable, in a way The Wire (which is still a better show) never was. With it, you had a decent idea of where they were headed. You knew they'd get Avon Barksdale, but you didn't know how. With this, it just keeps escalating; you never know what'll happen next. I need to find a way to catch up to the current season before the end of the week when I move back to school.

Don't miss the two seasons in between!

Breaking Bad is seriously Television at its finest.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 23, 2011, 01:56:52 AM »
What I meant by "catch up" was that I want to watch every episode between where I'm at now and those currently airing in the next four days.

J.P. Corbran

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 23, 2011, 02:12:53 AM »
Ah.
If you're into more legal methods (and want to support the show), Best Buy has seasons 1-3 on DVD for $15 each. :D

And a free $10 Gift Card when you buy three. :D

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 23, 2011, 02:20:31 AM »
Great show, great deal. All three seasons for under $50, and that's before the gift card. Order placed.

J.P. Corbran