Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1198914 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #1275 on: May 02, 2011, 04:02:36 AM »
Sopranos - 9.5/10

I've enjoyed each season and pretty much every episode up until the 6th season where some eps where hit and miss. I found myself not giving a **** about most of the characters that would run into "trouble" when they ran into trouble I used to really like Chris Moltisanti, but by the time he met his untimely demise, he had already fallen out of my favor with the repeated abuse of not only Adriana but the drugs. & WTF at the ending. I knew it was coming because of all the controversy back when the show ended, but WTF was that. I didn't expect it to be like that. Honestly I'm not that mad since I knew it was coming, but what a fucked up way to end th show. Either way, it's highly recommended.

Now I have freedom to check out The Game of Thrones and The Killing before moving onto The West Wing and whatever is in my backlog/queue.

Which reminds me, I have a few episodes of Mortal Kombat to catch up on. The 1st ep was pretty interesting and it sounds like it gets better from some things I've read online.

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #1276 on: May 02, 2011, 08:53:55 AM »
I probably makes for a much better show if you just marathon it, but once a week in seasons led to too many questions and not enough answers to really follow everything in detail. By the time they answer a question, it's 12 episodes later, and ......

Yeah, I marathoned the first 5 seasons and I really think it helped. Connections between events in different seasons are much more obvious if you've seen those seasons within a few days of each other.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 02, 2011, 09:42:31 AM »
I've marathoned the first few seasons of Lost as well.  I enjoyed it, though some parts where drawn out way to long.  I don't think I was really to Lost on the whole thing but I think that is just because how my mind works.  After hosting a Mafia game Lost actually gives me the same fill where you have someplace  you want to go but events keeping finding a way to go the  totally unanticipated way and you've go to pull things together and try to weave a rug with the thread your given.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 02, 2011, 09:46:20 PM »
Mortal Kombat Legacy

Why is this show censored now? Before I was watching episode 2 I saw a pic of Jax punching Kano's eye out, but when that scene came up, it black screened then cut to an angle where if you didn't know Kano lost an eye, you couldn't tell that is what just happened.... yet they still say "****" uncensored.

edit: Actually in ep 3 they even sensor the work "****".
Why? where are the uncensored clips?

edit 2: I found ep2 uncensored
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPKaCgP8Ux4
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:04:21 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 03, 2011, 05:10:59 PM »
You can get all of the episodes uncensored through various torrents. I really hope they clear up the issue on YouTube however. The second episode is practically made by that one scene with Jax and Kano!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 03, 2011, 05:25:57 PM »
Mortal Kombat Legacy

Why is this show censored now? Before I was watching episode 2 I saw a pic of Jax punching Kano's eye out, but when that scene came up, it black screened then cut to an angle where if you didn't know Kano lost an eye, you couldn't tell that is what just happened.... yet they still say "****" uncensored.

edit: Actually in ep 3 they even sensor the work "****".
Why? where are the uncensored clips?

edit 2: I found ep2 uncensored
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPKaCgP8Ux4

Apparently the uncensored episodes appear after the censored ones do, by about a week.

Oh, and this same one thing keeps bothering me: WTF do the other 30 some odd people do on the island all day? It's like there were 42 of em and then a couple died, and the show still only follows like 10 of 'em and that's still after they added the people from the back of the plane.

That bothered me to extremes. Around 50 people were on the plane when it crashed, yet only THREE get off at the end of the series finale. We know what happened to Rose and Bernard, and we know Nikki and Paolo died, so where's the other 46 :confused;
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:31:43 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 08, 2011, 04:02:44 PM »
Party Down - 8/10

I always meant to check this one out when it first came out but i didn't have Starz.... but I did have Netflix, so I guess I have no excuse. This show really grew on me, but I can only guess that it's already been canceled.

It's about a group of mostly wanna be hollywood types working for a catering company while trying to find that big break. They work all sorts of parties and all sorts of crazy things happen while on the job, and every episode tends be be entertaining/funny enough to keep you watching.

Funniest moment was the end Reunion episode near the end of the first season. Ron, the team leader, decides to pound a bottle of whiskey and then ends up puking his brains out in the parking lot while trying to ask some chick to call an ambulance while spewing puke all over the ground.(think burping out your ABC's only while puking)

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #1282 on: May 08, 2011, 07:47:36 PM »
Party Down is wonderful. So annoyed it got cancelled. I'm glad Adam Scott landed that Parks and Rec role, he was really excellent in Party Down.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 09, 2011, 01:07:35 AM »
I marathoned both seasons starting Friday afternoon. Had some free time and that was one of the first things that popped up on my IW list, so I just hit play.... and then next episode... and then next episode and then 2 days later (20 episodes) it was all done. This show could have used another season or 2 so I kinda regret not getting on board sooner in hopes that it wouldn't have gotten canceled.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 09, 2011, 07:33:13 AM »
Yeah I just finished watching Party Down last week. I like it, but as you said it could have used a few more seasons, but with Adam Scott leaving to Parks & Rec, there was no way it was going to happen. It wouldn't have been any good without him anyway. Overall it was good, but just felt a little underdeveloped as a whole.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 09, 2011, 08:36:48 AM »
ANNOUNCEMENT EVERYONE: For everyone who watched Lost and wanted a show like it but fixed its "it doesn't answer questions?" irritatant?

See: Fringe.

The season finale was complex, mind-bending yet made sense in it's own universe. It answered questions and setup season 4 perfectly with "what now?".

And Asterix is just a sight to see. I will never get bored of her face.

I just wish some of the hype Lost got went to Fringe as its far more deserving and definitely fixes the "long ball" issues of writing stories that Lost had. I feel a bit bad in thinking "oh i'll catch up to Fringe later on", only doing so now 3 years later, but knowing it's this good i wish i did sooner.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:47:05 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 09, 2011, 10:43:38 AM »
Fringe is and has been on my list since it aired.

I've watched most of the 1st season and an ep or 2 from the 2nd, but I felt lost in the world of Triptophan and and dimensional shifts. I plan on starting over from the beginning sooner or later though.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 09, 2011, 10:48:24 AM »
Been watching with my Son the 90's Mega Man cartoon with the Super Fighting Robot them song.  He enjoys I actually do to.  I like how they get the one liners in and the interplay between characters.  Though most of an episode my son is pointing at Protoman going, "He's his brother." and then Rush with "That's his Puppy."  Though poor Roll doesn't get identified.

Also watched the First 2 episodes of Dr.Who from this season.  Their... good.  I don't know how they are going to wrap the whole Doctor True death thing around.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 09, 2011, 11:42:53 AM »
Triptophan?

They overdose on cough medicine on Fringe?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 09, 2011, 08:26:03 PM »
Has anyone here been watching Treme? I haven't started it yet, but it's rocketing up my backlog because it's made by David Simon (creator of The Wire). I still need to finish The Wire, and then I'm going to catch up with Breaking Bad, but then I'll probably go for this.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: May 16, 2011, 12:15:08 AM »
Forget what I said about Game of Thrones....all those episodes where it seemed like nothing happened, that was intentional. The character development has been on par with some of the greatest HBO shows including Boardwalk Empire and Soprano's. Now it seems, as this last episode has crossed the half way mark for the season, that all these characters and their relationships are coming to head. I am anxiously awaiting the conclusion, because as of now, anything can happen. Like The Wire, it has this overwhelming presence that not even main characters are safe from death or an equal destruction. That presence is unique and refreshing in itself, but so is a show filmed with this setting actually being good.

If you haven't watched a single episode, I would honestly tell you to wait till the season is over to start. Why? Because you'll want to watch the whole thing from start to finish.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: May 16, 2011, 12:38:03 AM »
I just bought the book on my Kindle, so I feel like I should read that instead of watching the show. Beginning to regret that decision.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #1292 on: May 16, 2011, 08:55:23 AM »
X-Files Season 2 Episode 7 - "3". The first one so far that I just plain disliked.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 16, 2011, 09:52:05 AM »
I always thought that "3" was decent. The actual plot suffers from a lack of logic in some places, but the overall mood and atmosphere is great. Scully has been gone for a while now and Mulder is depressed. The entire episode really plays out more as a state of Mulder's mind than anything.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #1294 on: May 16, 2011, 10:50:34 AM »
I just hate vampire stuff in general I think. Plus I missed Scully. Plus Mulder making out with that vampire chick just seemed so out of character, I don't care how depressed he was.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 16, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »
Stargate Universe season 2(and series) finale - 7/10

Wasn't a bad ep. Actually it was pretty good. But seeing as the show was announced as cancelled well beforehand, the whole thing was a bit of a downer as you knew it was going to end on a cliffhanger.
Mission...complete?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 17, 2011, 10:29:02 AM »
hmm game of thrones

incest, beheadings, horse decapitation, falling off castles, dwarf sex, brothels, eunichs, rape, poisoning, attempted infanticide, treason, wooden lance tracheotomies, so much stuff keeps it interesting. eah it did slow down after episode 1, but it picked up last episode.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 17, 2011, 02:46:52 PM »
I don't know if I've commented on this yet, but

Community Season 2 finale (pt 1 & 2) was great.
Another paintball episode that started off with a western theme and finished up on a Star Wars one. Probably one of my favorite episodes of the season that I can remember.

Smallville Series Finale
I've chosen to overlook lots of little things that happened in the last episode due to it being the last episode and time and budget constraints being taken into account. Over all I liked it but wished they had spent more time with Clark in the suit.
TBH Season 8, 9 & 10 were all a giant step up in quality of story from 5, 6 & 7. But if you've seen 5, 6 & 7, you would no that wasn't too hard to do. I'm glad I rode it out till the end though. It was a good 10 years. Maybe that Bruce Wayne show gets greenlit now that Smallville is off the air, but it probably won't.

The Killing
This is a show about a town where a girl goes missing and is presumed dead, they spend the whole season trying to solve the murder. Some parts of this show remind me of Twin Peaks right down to the annoying sound/music they use during every other scene. Thankfully it lacks the soap opery production,  dialog & acting and replaces it with something that I can actually enjoy.

Game of Thrones
Not much to say as it's already been said in this thread several times. I haven't seen the latest episode yet, but I figure I'll be watching this one till the end as long as the quality stays the same.

House M.D.
Dr. House has lost his damn mind. I don't know if any of you still watch that show, but House is on some sort of thrill seeking live or die suicide run. I hear next season is likely to be the last, so I'm curious as to how they are gonna play out his downward spiral of self destruction.

Mortal Kombat Legacy
It's a youtube series and it's been very well handled so far. Production values are pretty high for this sort of thing and it needs more viewers so that they continue making them and hopefully bring it to television. I'll link you to all the recent *Uncensored* episodes:

Episode 1: Jax Sonya & Kano pt 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s6UiEuCYXA

Episode 2: Jax, Sonya & Kano pt 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTSEa--Alkw

Episode 3: Johnny Cage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4dDzPMK0ko

Episode 4: Kitana & Milena pt 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIFbGNqs0JQ

Episode 5: Kitana & Milena pt 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4QRSbf9H5M

Episode 6: Raiden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tWh4Z42SJk

I'm very interested to see how this all plays out since right now it's just setting up all the characters. The episodes are kinda short and I really wish they would be atleast 12-15 minutes long consistently, but it's straight and to the point on what I assume is a pretty low budget (It's backed by WB I believe), so I'm really not gonna nitpick on things like that.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:53:02 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1298 on: May 19, 2011, 10:10:43 PM »
Lost Season 3: The show has now officially switched premises. The show was about a group of people who crashed on an island, struggling to get by and find a way to get rescued. Now, it's about a bunch of people trying to solve the mystery of the people they seem to be at war with. Not that it's, bad. The story kept things happening, even when **** got kinda weird. However, lot of things were explained, even if most of the "why is that on the island?" questions have the same answer the Dharma Initiative people put it there. In any event, the story is still exciting and doesn't yet feel strained, though I feel like it's about to in a big way. Also, the same thing keeps happening where side characters are introduced just to die. Also, I think too many main characters died this season just to make room for there to be more development of the others. Speaking of which, I hate Juliet. She has the same fucking smirk in every scene, and I hate her. She's incredibly annoying. Even her flash backs started pissing me off because I had to keep watching her make that same stupid face. But, this was the season that two major things happened: we're introduced to the idea that everyone on the island is dead, which is blatantly stated, then reinforced; and that they eventually get off the island. The season finale had the first flash-forward where we see what Jack's life is like after leaving the island. It's not pretty. All in all, still liking it.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #1299 on: May 20, 2011, 10:07:20 AM »
Season 3 is pretty poorly regarded, though the finale is just plain awesome. For most of season 3, they didn't know how long the show was going to last, and it shows - it definitely seems like they're treading water. Once they figure out that they're going to do exactly 6 seasons, it gets much more focused, and that's reflected in seasons 4 and 5, which are both wonderful, imo. That's the point where you can start to tell that they're building toward something more specific, even if it is still nuts.