Author Topic: Increasing the speed of playing homebrew and back-up games  (Read 1622 times)

Offline ThE_R_o_B

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Increasing the speed of playing homebrew and back-up games
« on: January 02, 2005, 06:40:49 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm interested in getting a gamecube with PSO 1&2 and a broadband adapter so that I can play homebrew and backed-up games. But I hear that there is a problem with this since the homebrews and backups have to be streamed from your computer at 10mbs which makes the game play really slow. I hear that there is a fix for this so that you can play at 100mbs or atleast at a faster speed. Does anyone have any info on this before I buy?
Thanks,
Rob

Offline Kulock

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Increasing the speed of playing homebrew and back-up games
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 07:25:35 PM »
I've heard that a Mod Chip has been recently created for the GCN, that allows it to play Mini-DVDs. It might be possible for you to use that and burn the homemade software to a Mini-DVD, and base it off that. Although maybe the software has to be designed to play like that, I don't know, yet.

I know Mod Chip talk is frowned upon here, but I'm just pointing it out since it relates to playing homebrewn games.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 08:38:45 PM »
You bet its frowned upon -  I was almost banned for talking about it a while ago.

I'm not even going to suggest where to look for help - the internet would be a good start.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 09:47:23 PM »
HAY GUYS HELP ME WITH MY PIRATED GAMES
DURR DURRRR