Author Topic: Ugh... why is Mega Man, AC for GBA SP keep on being deleayed?  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Shredder

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Ugh... why is Mega Man, AC for GBA SP keep on being deleayed?
« on: October 21, 2004, 08:56:39 AM »
First it was supposed to come out in August, then NOvember, and now the new date is January 15th, 2005.  How long am I going to have to wait to play this game?  Does anyone know why the delay?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Ugh... why is Mega Man, AC for GBA SP keep on being deleayed?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 09:44:11 AM »
I remember reading somewhere that it was being delayed so Capcom could add an extra game.  So at least it's for a good reason.  I'll see if I can dig up the article somewhere.

EDIT:  I found the article.   Mega Man Anniversary Collection GBA gets delayed, but also another game?

EDIT AGAIN:  I was poking my nose around the Planet Mega Man forums, and it looks like the addition of a sixth game is pure speculation.  See for yourself.  People are gussing it could be anything ranging from the WonderSwan game to the Game Gear game, to Mega Man Soccer.

Apparently the source for this is a preview in an issue of Game Pro where they same the cartridge has six games, including a "hidden bonus game".  However, a little later in the preview, they talk about the anniversary collection that was released on PS2, Xbox, and GameCube, so this information is spotty, at best.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Ugh... why is Mega Man, AC for GBA SP keep on being deleayed?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 03:09:46 PM »
Hmm.. I always wondered why it kept slipping away. I always thought it was because they're releasing tons of games and didn't want to flood the market.

I rememeber Game Informer online had a preview a while back, running on an *GASP* emulator! It was interesting how they forbid the talk about ROMS and such, only to use it as a source...

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that Mega Man soccer would be the 6th 'man' (oh that was horrible...)
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 09:28:06 PM »
oh shoot.. I guess that frees up a little space in my review schedule, but it kind of sucks too.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 05:35:09 PM »
Now its like...indefinate hold or something.

Happy belated and confusing anniversary, Mega Man.
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline Kulock

• View Profile
RE:Ugh... why is Mega Man, AC for GBA SP keep on being deleayed?
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 02:02:44 PM »
Just as a bit of an update, I saw Capcom's airing a new Mega Man commercial promoting several of their upcoming titles, one of which was MMAC for the GBA, so I don't think they'll be delaying it too much longer...

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 07:40:50 PM »
Well its sometime in Jan/Feb of next year. I paid for it in full about a half year ago because I didn't think I would have enough money with Fable and a few other games coming out at the same time, so I was a little ticked when I went to pick it and it was delayed....
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2004, 10:06:08 AM »
Comes out Febuary according to Game Stop.

Also apparently Magical Quest 3 is set for this day of release as well...
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!