Author Topic: Gran Turismo 4 anticipation post  (Read 6840 times)

Offline joeamis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Gran Turismo 4 anticipation post
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2004, 11:37:35 AM »
I didn't mean the crash itself.  I mean the affect the crash has on the car's engine output, meaning that when the player crashes he basically stops using fuel (and ofcourse it would have to be proportional to how long he stops), and also how much he needs to accelerate after the crash (whether it be a small crash and only losing a small amount of speed, or whether he has to start from 0 mph) this is further compounded by where he crashed whether it be through a series of turns where it would hurt him less or right before a long straight away where he would have to accelerate through all his gears again causing alot of fuel loss.  

I forgot about including the weight fuel adds to the cars.  Since each cars weight is a key parameter in the cars for Gran Turismo, that would make the whole issue of including refueling a helluva lot more stressful to include into the game, especially if they let you determine how much refueling you want to do at each pit in.  The car's it uses do weigh alot more than F1 cars, only the top real life Gran Turismo racing championship cars often shown on the racing tv channels could come close to the weight of F1 cars.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2004, 06:36:54 PM »
We should have a GT3 time attack thread

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2004, 07:41:03 PM »
sounds cool, would it be like the honor system of GT3Times.com or would it require photos?

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
RE: Gran Turismo 4 anticipation post
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2004, 01:12:17 AM »
We're all pretty trustworthy lads, honour system is fine, but pix are cool.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2004, 02:48:31 AM »
Should we just pick a track, and allow any car, or just a certain car or types?

Offline DrZoidberg

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2004, 03:28:02 AM »
any car, it's all about the skill , also I vote apricot hill
OUT OF DATE.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2004, 08:06:47 PM »
Make it atleast 3 tracks that are pretty different from eachother.  And allow any car I guess but when a person posts which car he used, have him give it's weight and horsepower.  I don't know if anyone will actually use anything less than the F1 cars anyways so who knows.  I'd say maybe mention which version of the game they have, since the European and Asian versions have some great cars the American version doesn't have.  And say what type of controller they used (steering wheel, negcon, dual shock 2, etc).

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2004, 09:44:32 PM »
I like that idea. How about a 'standard' course, a rally course, and a speedway course?

Offline DrZoidberg

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2004, 03:14:21 AM »
no F1 car plz, stick to cars you can buy, not win (i rekon), Personally I use the Supra RZ with every mod, depending on the track i'll run a stage 3 or stage 4 turbo (1000 is too much sometimes, especially how I drive with no traction control ) ww
OUT OF DATE.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2004, 02:10:28 PM »
Why not include cars you can win?  That eliminates alot of cars, most of them being all the good cars, and for rally that leaves out all the good rally cars.  And you said, "any car, it's all about the skill".  If we included the important specs of the car, namely weight and horsepower it won't just be best time as the indicator of how good someone drove.

I like the idea 'standard' course, a rally course, and a speedway course.  Maybe two standard courses though, one that has lots of tight turns and one that doesn't.  Or people could just post their times and info for their favorite courses, and then others can add more or challenge those times.  Like pick and choose, and it'd be fun to see times for lots of courses.  But I guess have the 3 or 4 courses being the main challenge ones.  Setup something like this:

Main Challenge Courses:
- Super Spdway
- Apricot Hill
- Laguna Seca
- (rally course)

Drivers Favorites Courses:
- (etc)

EDIT: We could also have the main challenge courses vary over time, like a new one added each month, or a drivers favorite course that has lots of entries be promoted up to a main challenge one.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2004, 04:03:31 PM »
Here's an idea, how about about a couple of us nerds layout our own challenges with our own restrictions?

Offline DrZoidberg

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2004, 11:07:15 PM »
I like how we've completely derailed this thread.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2004, 11:25:22 PM »

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2004, 09:23:46 PM »
lol ok um...  I guess we can try it out that way, and if it doesn't work out well then do your first idea of picking the requirements ahead of time for everyone.  I'm gonna be gone so I'll see if anything progresses when I get back.  Perhaps someone should make a new thread for it now.