Author Topic: Give me Mario Kart or give me death  (Read 141290 times)

Offline SearanoX

• Supreme Hooligan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Mario Kart Discussion (TALK ABOUT MARIO KART HERE)
« Reply #925 on: January 02, 2004, 01:06:21 PM »
Once you beat everything normally on every speed, you unlock Mirror Mode.  Once you do all of those, you unlock All Cup Tour which is all the tracks in a random sequence.  Then, you have to do all of those.

Can't remember if you have to do those in Mirror Mode as well...

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Mario Kart Discussion (TALK ABOUT MARIO KART HERE)
« Reply #926 on: January 02, 2004, 05:07:55 PM »
Mirror Mode is something of a 100cc speed, with 150cc-"agressiveness" by the computer opponents.  Mirror will get the last characters, battle stage, and karts.

Completing every dang cup possible gets you a new title screen.

On another note, all these nice things can still be unlocked with 4-player CO-OP Grand Prix (4 players, 2 karts).  Which is nice.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline VoodooMerlin

• View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 03, 2004, 07:01:01 AM »
Great game that draws tons of parallels to the 64 one.  I like it, after all it is Mario Kart, but being particularly fond of opening up all of the tracks as quickly as possible and then just time trialling for years until I can't do the tracks any faster, I'm finding that the tracks aren't as fun this time around. Graphically they're amazing, but they're far too short and it takes no effort to blue turbo every powerslide. Rainbow Road 64 was powersliding heaven but the new Rainbow Road is kinda ho-hum.

Even though the racing aspect is far better I can't see myself playing this one as obsessively as I did the 64 game.

Offline franky005

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 04, 2004, 10:51:26 AM »
I have a problem with the staff ghosts.  I beat the time for DK Mountain that I had found that I needed to to unlock the ghost...yet I get not ghost.  I even beat the time they said it took to beat the ghost, and still no ghost, what's the deal?  I'm using the 2 toads in the toad kart.
Number 81

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 04, 2004, 01:18:01 PM »
I'm not sure but I think you have to use certain drivers and karts as well as beating the time. Try doing it with DK and Diddy on DK's kart.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Chubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #930 on: January 04, 2004, 05:11:20 PM »
It doesn't matter what characters you use. Just make sure you have actually beaten the time and you have time trial ghost turned on in the options.

Offline franky005

• View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 05, 2004, 09:57:28 AM »
Options.  That's probably it, I'll check that.
Number 81

Offline cheers

• View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 05, 2004, 01:56:16 PM »
The Staff Ghosts r annoying at times
Currently playing Mario Kart DD(Warp Pipe).

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 05, 2004, 02:17:46 PM »
It doesn't matter what characters you are using. It only depends on the kart you are racing in. I mainly used toad and toadette in their kart. I only switched every so often but toad and toadette did the trick for me.
Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline franky005

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 05, 2004, 03:55:35 PM »
Thanx, that seems to have done it.  I couldn't figure what was wrong because I had the time to actually beat the ghost, now I have to duplicate it again.  DK Mountain was the only track I've tried so far, mainly because the turns are predictable and it is one of the easier courses to cut time off of.
Number 81

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 06, 2004, 04:32:10 PM »
I love that course.  Especially the off–road part. Its fun. ^_^

Offline VoodooMerlin

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 08, 2004, 09:36:23 AM »
Agreed!

After the cannon shot it sorta turns into a downhill mountain bike run. I start power sliding while I'm still half the distance to the actual corner so I'm completely sideways most of the way down. Good fun.

Offline Majexto

• How do I posted reply?
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 08, 2004, 09:49:16 AM »

Originally posted by: evil intentions
It doesn't matter what characters you are using. It only depends on the kart you are racing in. I mainly used toad and toadette in their kart. I only switched every so often but toad and toadette did the trick for me.

Uhh can you say wrong?  If it doesnt matter why do they have weight under the characters?  Because the heavier the character the slowe the kart.  I havnt played this in like a week or two so dont flame me if im mistaken but dont the karts stats change whenever you get heavier or less heavier characters on them?

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 08, 2004, 03:17:11 PM »
It doesn't matter much if you're using Bowser or Donkey Kong in Wario's kart, for example. I have heard though that you will go a little faster if you use the same characters as kart (i.e. Toad & Toadette in the Toad kart).

Also, if you guys have a broadband adapter, try out Warp Pipe! It is great fun, even if it runs a little slower--but this depends on location and connection speed.

Offline ryman606

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 09, 2004, 05:13:49 PM »
Question for anyone that can help me.  My friend is finally going to pick up a broadband adapter, I have had mine for a few months, hardly used it, but we finally are going to put it to use with MKDD and 1080 on two tv's.  If I get a crossover cable, how much does it go for, and where do you get it?  If I decide to use my router, do I just plug it into the wall, then plug a ethernet cable from both cubes to the router?  The router would have no need to be connected to the internet correct?  I am really looking forward to this and we hope to get some 8 player MK going on soon.   Thanks.

Offline TOY

• View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 10, 2004, 07:38:59 PM »
ryman606,

you can get the cable at your local Radio Shack. Price, I would say around 10 bucks. Not sure if you need a router, but if you use one it doesnt need the net unless you use Warp pipe to play online.

TOY

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #941 on: January 12, 2004, 11:10:33 PM »
ryman, if you and your friend are just playing cube against cube with seperate TVs, all you need to do is connect the cubes via the cable, no routers needed. You dont need to do anything tricky until you start using Warp Pipe to play over the net.
Who was whining about Rainbow Road before? This rainbow road if the greatest Mario Kart course ever devised. It it totally downhill (well theres the spiral uphil bit, but you have zips along that) meiang that you go incredibly fast, I've even caught up to my own Red shells on it. It's slippery and has no walls so your blood is pumping the whole time and there are zips everywhere. It is heaven. My favorite part is the chicane. It doens't look hard but with the slipperyness and the speed your travellign it's easily the most lethal part of the track, INSANE!
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Behemoth

• View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 13, 2004, 06:09:14 PM »
Mario Kart=No Sleep. Probably one of the greatest multiplayer series of all time. At least for me anyways.
By the way, Are you Bishman from gamecubeland??? I was wondering if you're him or another Bishman. Bishman was full of news stories on the other site. I used to always go there under a different screen name, but there is a major problem and the site seems to be lost... So I guess this is my new home...
Nintendo>Sony
Christina Aguilera>Britney Spears
Sactown Kings>LA Lakers
Rock n Roll> Pop and Rap

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 17, 2004, 08:35:55 AM »
Is thread even necessary anymore?  The game has been out for two months, and therefore discussion will be very limited and can be directed toward the Get What Game? thread.  Just wondering.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 17, 2004, 09:11:26 AM »
I don't think so. It's hard to discuss a racing game. "OMG!!! I WAS RIDING MARIO!! AND I PUNCHED TEH KOOPA!!!! SO FUN!!!!" I don't think the thread should be deleted though. Unstickied maybe. I think its funny that we are talking about the fate of this thread while its in the room. We could have at least said all this behind its back. Now it will feel lonely. :sad;

Offline VoodooMerlin

• View Profile
« Reply #945 on: January 18, 2004, 01:39:20 AM »
*hands thread a blankie, a teddy and a soother*

Games get old fast. Talk to any retailer about all of the dated games on their walls and how they can't get rid of them. And unlike other retail businesses, you can't send unsold product back to the supplier for credit. Time to unsticky it for sure.

Offline evil intentions

• View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 24, 2004, 02:58:06 PM »
Ok, this is really pathetic, but I never even knew you could punch people...

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 25, 2004, 03:51:06 PM »
YAR HAR HAR HARDY HAR HAR!!! Oh that's great. I'll be laughing for weeks. Thanks evil!

Offline evil intentions

• View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 29, 2004, 10:59:44 AM »
Anytime