Author Topic: Did any long-time NP subscribers get the Zelda disc?  (Read 4357 times)

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Did any long-time NP subscribers get the Zelda disc?
« on: January 25, 2004, 04:52:24 PM »
I've subscribed to NP since it's beginning.  For some strange reason, I didn't get 175 - the subcriber's bonus January Issue that supposedly came with the Zelda compilation disk.

Since it's now almost Feb., I requested that the January issue be re-sent to me.  I go to My Nintendo, log in, and try to re-order it.  The Jan. issue shows up as 176 on there.  I figure what the hell and order it anyway, hoping it'll show up with the disk.

A week later I get the February issue again, which I had already received.

At this point I e-mailed asking where my mag. was and where my disk was.  I got a response saying "please respond with your name, address, etc."

So I do that.

Today I get a response that says "we'll send you the Jan. issue, but the disc comes with no magazines.  It comes with a paid subscription, and you haven't renewed since last September."

So let me get this straight.  You HAD to renew OR get a brand new subscription to get the disc?

I renewed last September because I wanted to get FF:TA along with the subscription, which I did.  And yet I don't get the Zelda disc?

Did this happen to anyone else?  I'm just trying to see if this is only me or everyone.  
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Did any long-time NP subscribers get the Zelda disc?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 04:55:13 PM »
No long time subscribers got the disc.  They are saying that the last time you renewed your subscription was last september so you prolly have a sub till next september.  In order to get the disc you had to re-up your subscription, like I did to get mine.  Kind of wierd yeah, but thats how it was for everyone.... :-/
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Strell

• View Profile
RE:Did any long-time NP subscribers get the Zelda disc?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 05:19:25 PM »
Wow.

That's pretty friggin ridiculous.  

$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Offline Actraiser

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 05:52:41 PM »
why is it ridiculous?  it's not like youre throwing your money away.  youll be set for two years of the magazine and youll get your disk.  magazines dont send their subscription bonuses to people already subscribed and never have.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 05:54:15 PM »
Renewing for 2 years because you're on your last issue and doing it 1.5 months before a promotion that's pretty much orgasmic, and you wouldn't feel a little slighted?

$10 Bet with Khushrenada

Offline FFantasyFX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2004, 05:54:38 PM »
Why is that ridiculous?  The Zelda Bonus Disk was a special offer, just like the FF:TA offer that you took advantage of, or the free Player's Guide that normally gets sent out when you renew.  It was not part of the January edition.  Nobody received the disk simply for being a subscriber, everyone else had to renew (or buy a Gamecube, or buy two of the four special offer games, etc.)  I've been a subscriber since the 39th issue, and I haven't gotten any special rewards yet either, unfortunately.  

Offline Actraiser

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2004, 05:56:42 PM »

Originally posted by: Strell
Renewing for 2 years because you're on your last issue and doing it 1.5 months before a promotion that's pretty much orgasmic, and you wouldn't feel a little slighted?

not in the least.  Ive been "burned" like that before and it is just the nature of the game.  Besides, you had plenty of options that didnt involve a renewal.  order the game guide, get the game.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2004, 06:25:02 PM »
Well I did have incorrect information, so that's my bad.  Oh well.

Btw, FF, I've been a subcriber since before it was NP - back when it was like a "weekly newsletter" sort of thing, and was about 20 pages long.  I have every issue, most in boxes.

"My Nintendo, Active Subscription, subcriber since 1988!"

Bleh.

$10 Bet with Khushrenada

Offline Swordsplay

• Burninating the country side
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2004, 08:12:08 PM »
It might be easier, since your chaotic on the issue, to wait untill someone sells there zelda disc to Gamestop or whatever game place, and buy it used.  I got mine for $14.99, because i didn't need the extra subscription.  
Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-quote by manunited4eva22-
Would you like to spam some more with some blankety blank blank blank?
-end quote-

Offline Oldskool

• Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2004, 05:14:20 AM »
Anyone here remember when NP occasionally sent VHS tapes? I remember one was a preview for DK64 and another game that I forgot. A later one was a promotion for Majoras Mask.
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"

Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2004, 07:37:38 AM »
i still have all my vhs tapes.  and my super punchout pogs, complete with a glove "slammer".  i own.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2004, 12:48:01 PM »
You can tell if you're an oldskool NP person if you got Dragon Warrior with your subcription when it came out.

$$$

$10 Bet with Khushrenada

Offline MWagner5600

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 07:14:33 AM »
I have been subscribed for 2 years now and I didn't get it...I missed out again.
----the only thing i want from nintendo is more online games----

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 08:13:02 AM »
I ended up with 3 zelda discs...
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2004, 09:42:32 AM »
I still have my nintendo 64 one.  Damn that was a long time ago.  Remember when Ken Lobb, Armond, and err the other one, (sorry I can't even remember his name) still worked for Nintendo?

Offline MWagner5600

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2004, 01:23:17 PM »
i remember when i got a vhs for N64...it was so cool it had all the preveiws and everything! man it was neat....
----the only thing i want from nintendo is more online games----

Offline T1125P

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2004, 06:00:26 PM »
Yeah I got dragon warrior with that 1yr sub. back then. I been subscribing even before nintendo power, when it was Nintendo Fun Club News. Who remembers that LOL. I have only 2 issues from that, but every single issue I have of nintendo power since july/aug 1988 beg. till now. My sub. ends 2006.
No pics in sigs.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2004, 04:34:31 AM »
Same here, I even have a few of the Fan Club issues stashed away somewhere.  One of them had a guy playing Nintendo with an advantage controller (the big one) in a hockey uniform and stuff was shooting out of the tv screen.

$10 Bet with Khushrenada

Offline THE_BLINK_EFFECT

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2004, 12:16:56 PM »
i saw a zelda:collectors disc on ebay 4 $114.00 (Australian)

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2004, 01:40:33 PM »
His name was Henry Starchie, randomly came to me a second ago, but damn that was a bad ass tape/.

Offline T1125P

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2004, 01:43:50 PM »
Yeah Strell I have that issue with that hockey guy and the one before that. Zelda 2 was on the cover. Oh everyone who likes game music try this site:  
http://complete.gamingfm.com/main/   Awesome classics and modern game music to.
No pics in sigs.