Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 177142 times)

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2003, 08:56:43 PM »
In a few of the REmake's in-game cut-scenes there were areas where the Frame Rate did slow down a fair bit with pausing etc...
Especially near the end of the game when Wesker and Chris have that Kung-Foo battle.

But Resident Evil Zero had their frame rate going pretty well... but I still think that it was 30fps... but it could be 60.
RE: 0's cut-scenes were mostly FMV after FMV after FMV.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2003, 09:23:07 PM »
There was no "Kung Fu" battle in the Remake.  Wesker talking to his Tyrant doesn't count.  The framerate was a solid 30fps in all in-game cutscenes and gameplay.  The stuttering/pausing that occurs during scene/angle changes wouldn't count to me as framerate drops cuz, well, nothing important is "really" moving -- when something's *paused* it's not playing/not moving.  It's like the scene stopped altogether for less than a split second.  They were loading stutters like the ones you sometimes see in Ocarina of Time.

Resi0 had a solid 30fps in gameplay and cutscenes.  But indeed FMV was more prevailant in Resi0 than the Remake.  But I like any in-game cutscene that gives me a closer look at Becca in her shorts, which were never available in default FMVs.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2003, 11:52:56 PM »
I know what you mean by the angles changing rapidly so there is a drop in loading time... but there is a small kick and punch battle that Wesker has with Chris at the end of REmake... and the framerate does drop a bit... and it wasn't because of the camera angle changing.

It just depends what ending you take when they have the fight. You have to let Rebecca live in Chirs' account and then once you confront Wesker there is about a ten second... maybe 15 second fight they have.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2003, 02:06:10 AM »
You know what, it has been a very, very long time since I've played through the end as Chris.

"You killed them with your own DIRTY HANDS!"

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2003, 02:39:39 AM »
Now I know why I don't remember that fight.

I only played the ending where Rebecca is still alive (NO Kung Fu).  You however, are remembering the ending where Rebecca is already dead (yet for some reason you say one has to let Becca live in Chris' account) prior to the scene (YES Kung Fu).

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2003, 09:47:22 AM »
Ah ok, I thought it was when Rebecca is dead.
I cant remember the other ending all that much, but I can remember Rebecca getting shot at one stage by Wesker.

Anyway, I think it is time that Capcom release another Trailer for RE4 and some more news... because I'm loosing interest in the E3 Trailer that I've watched about one thousand times.
As for the second playable character in RE4 apart from Leon, I think that it would be somebody new into the storyline... unless it plays out like RE: 3 Nemesis with just one character account but numerous swapping over... but I guess then that would have low replay value.

Oh, and to just clear up all the REmake Endings... here they all are:

---JILL'S ACCOUNT---
-Save Barry & Chris
-Kill Barry & Save Chris
-Save Barry & Kill Chris
-Kill Barry & Kill Chris

---CHRIS' ACCOUNT---
-Save Jill & Save Rebecca
-Kill Jill & Save Rebecca
-Save Jill & Kill Rebecca
-Kill Jill & Kill Rebecca

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2003, 10:08:11 AM »
This is just fantasizing:

Put Rebecca into Resi4 as the other playable character.  I say this on the grounds that I like her shorts.

If we can't have Rebecca, we'll have the next best thing with Jill in her skirt.  Again, I too like Jill's skirt.

If not, get rid of Leon and put in Barry or Billy, cuz they both kick major ass.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2003, 10:14:16 AM »
GOOD GOLLY HOW MUCH MORE CRAP FROM GAMEINFORMER MUST I ENDURE

Resident Evil 4 things reported by GI then re-reported by Nintendojo

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2003, 10:28:41 AM »
Billy, why! Why! Why Game Informer!!!
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2003, 10:51:23 AM »
argh Game Informers dont know crap.
There is no possible way that Capcom is going to put RE4 on PS2 or X-Box.

There are rumours that we are going to hear what happened to Rebecca and Billy in RE4. Hopefully Rebecca is going to be mauled by a zombie or something.
Though she had the looks, I couldn't personally stand her performance.

Especially that *thumbs up* move she always does. I swear to god I hope somebody rips off that damn thumb and shove it up her a$$.
I didn't mind Billy, but he was just thrown in to have a second playable character. He should return in RE4 to be more adapted towards the story... though I cant see how he is going to be in Europe.

We will also hear more of Ada Wong, seeing that Wesker saved her from her fall in RE2.
Hopefully we will also hear of Nicholai.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2003, 11:34:11 AM »
Rebecca > you

And what happened is pretty obvious...Rebecca reported that Billy died, while in actuality she let him go...Rebecca left the ending of RE0 to the Spencer Mansion where she was found by Chris...

Oh, and Ada didn't die from her fall because she's infected with the G-virus
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2003, 11:44:49 AM »
Yeah but I meant is that we are going to hear of what happened to Rebecca after the Spencer Estate Incident, and hopefully hear about Billy after Rebecca says her goodbyes.

Oh, and with that Ada Wong thing... from what I know, Wesker saved her from the fall and it is her that later gives the Rocket Launcher to Leon in the Tyrant Battle.
I cant recall any diaries or notes that mentions that she is infected. But I may of missed it.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2003, 03:20:19 PM »
Resident Evil 5.5X: Ada Wong's Super G-Virus-Mutated Zombie Fighter Revenge! -- it's RE meets Devil May Cry meets Spawn: Armageddon!

Anyway, I like how Becca was kinda "dumb."  That lucky moron Richard got to play "doctor-patient" with her a few times.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2003, 06:58:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Zero_Plague
I cant recall any diaries or notes that mentions that she is infected. But I may of missed it.
Recall that she was attacked by Birkin...She was infected then...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2003, 07:41:04 PM »
this game is my # 1 most wanted of 2004

i just got #3 and CV for xmas.

have finished all the others  besides those 2.

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2003, 08:17:36 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill

Was this in Leon B? Because if it was then I havn't seen it.
I've only played through Claire A, Claire B and Leon A... but I have not completed Leon B.

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2004, 01:40:25 PM »
Apparently Game Informer is saying that RE4 is no longer exclusive to GC...but then again, it's Game Informer so I don't exactly take their word as "gospel"...
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power...its burning grip tells me to defeat you!!!"

-Domon, G Gundam

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2004, 11:40:41 PM »

Originally posted by: AlphaDragoon2002
Apparently Game Informer is saying that RE4 is no longer exclusive to GC...but then again, it's Game Informer so I don't exactly take their word as "gospel"...

Game Informer is just a poor group of people that make rumours to see if they spread so that they know or not if people actually read and look at their magazines.

There is no possible way that RE4 will be be ported or lowered in graphics to move over to the PS2.
And there is no possible way that a Resident Evil/Biohazard game will move onto X-Box unless Shinji Mikami is threatened.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2004, 12:36:49 AM »
By golly, I believe your GI theory might be right!

I think it was last week that there were 100,000 GameCubes sold in Japan, and about 1000 Xbox units sold in the same time frame.  Would it make financial sense to release Resi4 on Xbox there?

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2004, 12:59:01 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
By golly, I believe your GI theory might be right!

I think it was last week that there were 100,000 GameCubes sold in Japan, and about 1000 Xbox units sold in the same time frame.  Would it make financial sense to release Resi4 on Xbox there?

Trust me. There is no way that Resident Evil 4 is moving over to the X-Box as well.
Capcom would never do it.

They are Nintendo Lovers.
They just didn't have much of a go at the 64 because it was cartridge based games.

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2004, 03:00:51 PM »

Originally posted by: AlphaDragoon2002

Game Informer is just a poor group of people that make rumours to see if they spread so that they know or not if people actually read and look at their magazines.

There is no possible way that RE4 will be be ported or lowered in graphics to move over to the PS2.
And there is no possible way that a Resident Evil/Biohazard game will move onto X-Box unless Shinji Mikami is threatened.

Yeah...I don't actually believe that garbage, I just wanted to report it.

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power...its burning grip tells me to defeat you!!!"

-Domon, G Gundam

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2004, 12:39:35 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill

Ada Wong was never Infected by William Birkin

BUT, there are theories on Wesker infecting her with the same Virus that he infected himself with after he saves her from her fall though that is only a theory.
But Ada was not infected by William Birkin.

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2004, 03:37:36 PM »
According to Game Front, its official that there will be more news on Biohazard 4/Resident Evil 4 on Gamer's Day at the end of January, and Capcom will also announce new game titles that they are working on.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2004, 08:32:49 AM »
having only played the resident evil remake for gamecube, will i be totally lost in resident evil 4?  there seems to be a lot of back story that links the different games together, so i'm afraid i will miss many of the finer points in re4.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2004, 04:15:15 PM »
Ha. The story had never even occured to me. I haven't even beaten the first one yet. Damn I have to catch up on the story. But the other ones cost so much! ARG!
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.