Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 177139 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2003, 12:21:43 PM »
BUT I DON'T THINK SK CAN PRODUCE CHEEZY ACTING AS WELL AS CAPCOM.

A certain weight of cheeze is required for every RE title.

Get some hot Rebecca Chambers wallpaper at the RE-launched Japanese Biohazard website.  It may or may not involve playing their little flash game.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_series
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2003, 01:08:19 PM »
The only reason that the controlling for Fixed-Camera angles is sometimes a pain is because by the angle the screen is... you dont know if your walking straight, wonky or diagonal. It is like some sort of stupid Optical-Illusion. Especially with the REmake.

But with RE4, seeing that it now has the camera rail effect... I suppose the controlling will be alot more easier.

By the way... I am a huge Resident Evil Fan... and the day when Silicon Knights makes a Resident Evil Game is the day that I am going to shoot myself in the head.

Offline Crash

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2003, 01:56:18 PM »
Why??
Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Offline Crash

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2003, 02:00:37 PM »
Why??
Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2003, 09:57:32 PM »
If it is like ED in the way of movement, then hell ya. Your right fixed angles mess you up, but they do add to the presentation. Especially when the camera is centered right in front of you and you walk towards it.....
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2003, 11:06:22 PM »

Originally posted by: Crash
Why??

Obvious Reasons.

1:
Resident Evil is a Suspense Horror... with Eternal Darkness being a psychological Horror. Psychological Horror mixed into Resident Evil will not work.
The story is all about Genetic Splicing, DNA Strains, Viral Weaponry and Evil Coporations that want their hands on the whole world... where as Eternal Darkness is not a Genetic Based Story... meaning that it has alot to do with ghosts, hallucinations and Evil 'things' from Hell or some other Evil Realm.

Imagine a Resident Evil game where the main is villain is an Emperor From Hell...
It easily would not work.

2:
Capcom are masters of making people crap themselves with the way that they position their cameras, surrounding equipment, ambient noises and sudden unexpected encounters.
Resident Evil's Example: Watch the FMV from the REmake when you encounter the first zombie.
Eternal Darkness' Example: Watch a low graphiced fantasy zombie walk onto the screen predictibly as if you have played the game a thousand times.

See what I mean?

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2003, 06:47:10 AM »
You can't compare them....

If SK did develope the next RE they wouldn't make it anything like ED, they'd make it like RE. Its not like they can only do psychological horror. If they gave a stab at the RE type of scary, I think they'd do pretty well. But why change something that works anyways....
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline FlameDangerJames

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2003, 12:21:55 PM »
Like they say: Don't fix something that isn't broken.
^ This post ruled. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2003, 12:50:43 PM »
Wait a minute, i was led to believe RE4 was in fact full 3d, like devil may cry.  Is it the camera on 'rails routine', or free roaming?
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2003, 12:55:34 PM »

Originally posted by: Don'tHate742
You can't compare them....

If SK did develope the next RE they wouldn't make it anything like ED, they'd make it like RE. Its not like they can only do psychological horror. If they gave a stab at the RE type of scary, I think they'd do pretty well. But why change something that works anyways....

There is no reason for SK to do Resident Evil anyway.
Capcom have been doing it for years now... and they are the ones to know how to make it work.

If SK gets their hands on developing a Resident Evil game, then they would make it too paranormal-like.
The Grapical Content that Capcom include in the REmake is perfect. RE: 0 has even better graphics... and to see them lower to par with the graphics of Eternal Darkness would not be good at all.

It is the graphics and Sound Effects that make this game one of the scariest.

EDIT:
Don't know if there is confusion about the release date or anything... but it is offical that RE4 is released in 2004.

Offline FlameDangerJames

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2003, 01:01:14 PM »

Originally posted by: The Omen
Wait a minute, i was led to believe RE4 was in fact full 3d, like devil may cry.  

Well if it was you wouldn't be scared.
^ This post ruled. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2003, 01:04:24 PM »
But, which is it?  The camera isnt fixed anymore, but what exactly is it going to be?  Personally, i would love to keep the fixed camera angles.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2003, 02:10:37 PM »

The Grapical Content that Capcom include in the REmake is perfect. RE: 0 has even better graphics... and to see them lower to par with the graphics of Eternal Darkness would not be good at all.

Need I remind you that both REmake and RE:0 featured extensive use of prerendered backrounds, which requires almost no power to produce? That's why the character models looked so incredible in both game, becase nearly all the polygons on screen were on the character models. What Silicon Knights did with Eternal Darkness was nothing short of incredible, and although I wouldn't say it looked better than REmake or RE:0, it certainly impressed me a lot more. Resident Evil 4, however, in my opinion blows all 3 games out of the water and it IS 100% realtime- no prerendered anything. That doesn't mean Silicon Knights couldn't do the same thing- Denis Dyack once said that he thought the graphics in Too Human looked as good as the FMV shots we've seen before, which is pretty damn impressive.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2003, 02:27:26 PM »
Don't forget Eternal Darkness ran at 60fps while Resi4 is at 30fps.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2003, 02:39:18 PM »
Resident Evil 4 is 30 fps? I don't soubt it, but where di you hear that, Professional?
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2003, 03:14:12 PM »
Don't get me wrong or anything. I am not a Graphic wh0re or somebody that is obsessed with pure graphics, but I do ask for them... because like I said earlier, it is the graphics that made the Resident Evil Saga scary.
The problem I had with SK's graphics in ED, is that the enemies looked like they were pulled out of a 60's low makeup horror show and thrown into the game with one specific colour scheme.

Like I have said thousands of times... Capcom KNOW how to scare people... as in reference to setting their camera angling, surroundings, background noise etc...

My problem is that if SK make an RE game... like a few people have said... they would not make it similar to ED... meaning that they are starting a totally knew kind of Horror Game that they have no experience in.
Capcom HAVE THAT Experience, and they know how to use that experience to create more stunning RE games.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2003, 03:16:13 PM »
I completely understand that SK's style is different from Capcom's, at least in how they would approach a Resident Evil game, but I have complete and utter faith in their graphical abilities.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2003, 03:40:58 PM »
I didn't "hear" it, I "reasoned" it.

Games that sport such complex modeling (character AND environmental) with a consistent framerate as shown in Resi4 simply haven't come in the 60fps flavor in this generation.

I also own P.N.03, Shinji Mikami's "other" game besides RE:Remake, and also looks like it's based on the Remake modeling engine, and what could be a premature/primitive version of Resi4's 3D engine.  Vanessa's character model is *nicely* detailed, and the walls/floors/rooms are given a generous amount of polygons to give them the round/smooth look.  Lighting is also good.  But, the game came out sooner than the other "Production Studio 4" games, had horrid enrivonment texturing, color palette, and no deflicker support (hence why i deem it "premature" -- a rush job?), but in the end ran at a rock solid 30fps.

Looking at the TGS2003 Resi4 trailer from Capcom of Japan's site, Leon's movements in the "non-blurry" portions of the film are consistent with the way characters moved in video I've captured from the Remake and Resi0, which are both running at 30fps.  Additionally, since Resi4's characters look comparable to those in the Remake, and the environments look more complex than those in Silent Hill 3 (also 30fps), "something's gotta give."

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2003, 03:42:44 PM »
Like I said, I'm not doubting you (although Rebel Strike is able to pull off some incredible stuff at 60 fps), but I was just wondering if there was any more info about the game you weren't sharing.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2003, 03:55:15 PM »
Indeed, Rebel Strike is able to do some wonderful things at 60fps, but really not as *often* as I'd like it to.  I think 1080*:Avalanche does a better job of fluidly jumping between framerates, though.

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2003, 11:59:07 AM »
go to www.capcom.com  and hit the capcom japan link

once you get to the capcom japan site, scroll down to get to the resident evil japan web site
after it loads at the top right of the screen it says password
imput the word 'scott' for the password- and something should load- so the password is scott
discuss  

here is the web page itself if you dont want to go through capcom.com

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_series

click on the biohazard 4 link and then at the top right there should be a password box- and do the rest  
i call the big one bitey.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2003, 02:20:56 PM »
Did you play through the little virus games there?  I thought that was pretty... neat.  Metroid Prime's US website was just rediculous, but I like this Biohazard site.  I played through the little game to find out 'scott' and I did it all by myself.  I am so proud.

The wallpapers with Becca in her shorts and Jill in her skirt were simply delicious, HAVEN'T THE REST OF YOU PEEPLE DOWNLOADED THEM YET!>

200X = 2004 now.

So does 20XX = 2044 in Mega Man years?

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2003, 02:52:57 PM »
There are five secret Wallpapers to get off the Biohazard Website in that Virus Game.
I have to say, even though Rebecca is annoying character in the game... she has a pretty cool wallpaper.

And the secret that Capcom has in the Biohazard 4 password section is just great... '2004'... LOL. I think we knew that from the start.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2003, 02:59:28 PM »
Resident Evil really isn't a game that needs a full 60 FPS anyway...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2003, 07:42:33 PM »
Yeah, 30fps does give a more "filmed/cinematic" look.  But 60fps is more lifelike to my eyes.