Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 177148 times)

Offline Garnia

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« on: December 22, 2003, 01:27:22 AM »
 Who else is highly anticipating this game? I can't wait any longer! Though the games I get for Christmas will hold me off I guess..... But anyways. Who else is craving to get this game!?    

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 01:34:38 AM »
Me! This is number one on my sexy 'most wanted games' list, the graphics look amazing, and i cant wait to see what they do with the gameplay. I love Resident Evil. I have high hopes for this game. I hope they dont rush it out, judging by the "200X" release date, it looks like Capcom are taking their time and they will release it when it's ready, which is good.

Offline Garnia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 02:31:41 AM »
 I'm hoping that Resident Evil 4 has lot's of extras and that will be very long. This game should be good! Theyve been working on it for a long time!

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 06:34:24 AM »
If they make the camera work then it could be a great game. If they dont, then itll just be another RE game.
I just hope they add something new and exciting. Maybe you beat the game then you get to play as a zombie. And you have to survive humans trying to hack you up with various melee weapons.

Offline ghostVi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 06:52:09 AM »
I think they have this in RE: Outbreak. Basically it's an online RE, with you becoming a zombie when you die. Sounds fun

Offline Doerr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 07:08:19 AM »
Looks cool. It would be awesome if they would release the Boxset here.

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 10:32:42 AM »
"If they make the camera work then it could be a great game."

the camera from the videos i have seen on the game seems to be more like a cinema cam- sort of how eternal darkness was- the camera will pan out, zoom in and out- but i could be wrong- but i do know that the graphics are very very good looking- i cant wait for this game to come out
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 01:59:50 PM »
I kinda liked the fixed camera. They were set perfectly to frighten. We may lose that if it moves behind the character. I suppose they could find ways of making it just as scary though so either way I'm happy.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 02:29:29 PM »

Originally posted by: Berny
I kinda liked the fixed camera. They were set perfectly to frighten. We may lose that if it moves behind the character. I suppose they could find ways of making it just as scary though so either way I'm happy.

I bought Code Veronica the other day, and I was QUITE happy to see what a 3D Resident Evil looks like.  The camera moves on a rail, similarly to Eternal Darkness, but with the claustrophobic Resident Evil style to it.  I REALLY like the camera in the game, and I seriously hope that they don't change it in Resident Evil 4.

And hi guys.  I am indeed anticipating this game.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2003, 06:25:59 PM »
I am absolutely dying to get this game.
I've been in love with Resident Evil for years now... and 4 looks really great.

The Graphics look stunning and Mr. Hook (That Electrical Looking Giant holding the Hook) looks really freaky, and looks like that he will be confronting you in numerous areas in the game.
Just like what they done with RE: 3 Nemesis.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2003, 06:30:41 PM »
I'm just happy Leon is back in the game...

to the apparent paranormal turn this game is taking...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2003, 06:45:36 PM »
I dont want Capcom to go toooo far with the paranormal activity... but the way it looks now is fine.
I like it how the area turns a blueish colour/color when Mr. Hook is around.

Maybe it has something to do with Leon being infected?
My guess is that he or someone close is going to die by the end of this game.
And Ada Wong will be returning from RE2.

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2003, 07:16:16 PM »
I HAD Resident Evil Cvx and played REmake ...which one will it compare to  ? I liked Code Veronica ...worth a purchase but didnt like the pacing or camera of REmake ...
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2003, 07:24:49 PM »
I see what you mean in a few ways... but it is the Fixed Camera Angles in all the other Resident Evil Games the made it scarier.

I recently done a survey, and the scariest was REmake, with the most least scariest being: Code Veronica (x)
That clearly says that Fixed Camera Angles are scarier... but with RE4 it looks like that the camera will be the 'rail' effect... but still looks just as scary as REmake.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2003, 07:55:57 AM »
I too think the fixed camera created more tension.  REmake was great for being scared because of what you cant see.  But RE4 looks so damn good, i just cant wait for it, no matter what the camera is like.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline savanna03

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2003, 08:15:28 AM »
you have no idea how much i cant wait for RESIDENT EVIL 4.  LEON KENNEDY is such a cool character to contol with just like back in RE2.  the graphics seems to be unbelievable and i cant wait to tear up that hook character upart.  OOOOOHHH YEEAAAAAAAAH.
even in the message board, ppl seem 2 be intimidated by me.  it feels like im da slim shady him self 'cuz they had 2 use a microscope everytime i post...  blah they got nothing on me other than attacking my paragraphs...

Offline Crash

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2003, 08:16:23 AM »
Does anyone know if they fixed the control of this game? I was so pissed at RE-make and RE Zero at the STUPID control scheme.  
Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2003, 08:20:25 AM »
Crash: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I belive the control scheme you used in REmake and RE:0 is the same control scheme in the original Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3- basically any Resident Evil with fixed camera angles.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2003, 08:43:25 AM »
Yep. they're basically the same with the exception of the 180 degree turn.  I dont know which game that started in.  As for RE4, i cant see how the copntrols would be the same, since its in full 3d.  I'm guessing it'll be like Devil may cry controls.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2003, 09:30:41 AM »
Well, it's the fixed camera angles that made the control scheme like it is- clunky and unresponsive. If RE4 has fixed camera angles as well, I assume it would use the same control scheme- it doesn't necessarily have to have the prerendered backrounds. That said, I don't think RE4 does have fixed camera angles, so I think we'll be getting a working control scheme for once.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2003, 12:02:13 PM »
i don't know why we can't get the analog joystick controls (360 degrees). Instead we have to get the 8 way nasty old controls, something used in capcoms first games (contra anyone?).....

After all this time, I think Capcom just makes the controls frustrating becuase....

A) they like to toy with us (i'll get you back...one way or another....bastards)
B) it would make the game too easy if they change it to an obviously better control setting. Something similar to the "you can only hold 8 items, including ammo....oh yeah health.....welll basically every other thing that is mandatory."
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline savanna03

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2003, 01:07:11 PM »
i played most of the RESIDENT EVIL games and the best control i ever used was the TYPE C in RE REMIX.  it was so simple because you just press the R TRIGGER to make the character move and you steer the character with either left or right.  i think it was the best control scheme for a RE game that is why i was so dissapointed with RE 0.
even in the message board, ppl seem 2 be intimidated by me.  it feels like im da slim shady him self 'cuz they had 2 use a microscope everytime i post...  blah they got nothing on me other than attacking my paragraphs...

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2003, 06:15:23 PM »
so you would rather control the character like a race car?
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline savanna03

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2003, 06:32:53 PM »
^^^^ no, but it is alot better than any control scheme that capcom put out in resident evil franchise...

Offline Crash

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2003, 11:55:36 AM »

Originally posted by: Don'tHate742
so you would rather control the character like a race car?

No, I want the controls of Eternal Darkness.....in fact, I honestly feel that RE 5 should be MADE by SK. They've proven their skills with ED....

Winners come and go; legends are forever.