Author Topic: Transferring save files... with carts.  (Read 1017 times)

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Transferring save files... with carts.
« on: February 23, 2004, 06:38:23 PM »
My older brother (who moved out and lives elsewhere) was playing my younger brother's copy of Metroid Zero Mission earlier, and totally got hooked.

After a number of hours, he said "Crap, I really need to stop playing this. Because I really need to go get my own copy of it now. And I'm gonna be stuck replaying all these first levels again if I keep on going further."

Then he thought of something. "Hey, GBA games are all designed to link together, and you can play multiplayer games with only one cart, and stuff like that, right? So can you link two GameBoys together, and copy save files back and forth between them? Like, they always give you a number of save slots, and an option to copy one of them to another spot. If you linked the games, would it let you access the other game's save files? Then I wouldn't need to worry about whose cart is whose."

As an educated guess, I'd say that nobody is doing that. Although I suppose it could be done, if someone wanted.

So, why isn't it being done? Do you think they should make games that can do that?

I figured I'd ask this in this board, as a kind of "technology idea" for any possible cart-based future systems, but it could probably be implemented right away, on the GBA.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Transferring save files... with carts.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 08:00:15 PM »
you could just use a game shark and copy it to the pc, and then download it
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers