Author Topic: Ubisoft working on a prototype of a prototype of prototype of a sequel to ZombiU  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
ZombiU sequel being prototyped by Ubisoft

No, it's not that ridiculous. When asked on Twitter about a sequel, Ubisoft creative director, Jean-Philippe Caro, said that "the team is working hard on a prototype" but "it's too soon to tell you more." So, no, a sequel is not confirmed. However, I think the fact that Ubisoft is thinking about one is encouraging. Wii U owners could use some good news... unless it is somehow a PS4/Xbox Infinity exclusive in which case, boo/hiss.

Semi-related, I'm sure NWR staff will most likely post this news story soon and we should talk about it separately in two or more topics. Right, pokepal?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Maybe my title was too silly. I thought we could talk about what we'd like to see in a follow-up here. It's encouraging that Unisoft is at least thinking about a sequel. ZombiU is favorite game on Wii U. There isn't mich competition, but it's still a nice distinction.

Where would you like to see the game take place? Maybe Paris which is like 6 hours from Montpellier. I wouldn't mind being in the middle of London. I didn't get a sense of how large London really is. I think Ubisoft could change the game if you could hop into a car and drive to various areas. Obviously, you'd be attracting zombies that way. I don't mean for it to be an open world game.

A co-op mode could be interesting. In addition to online, this could be one of the first major Wii U games to support two GamePads though having two players changes the game quite a bit. Resident Evil was made super-easy by adding an extra player, but they didn't really alter the level design to support the change, just a broken ladder here or simultaneous lever there. In a ZombiU sequel, this would probably have to be a separate mode entirely (same environments, different objectives), not just more zombies to kill.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 07:34:53 AM by Adrock »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I like the idea of keeping it far away from America as possible.  Keep it contained in Europe because you can have some interesting levels based on some iconic landscape.  I think France would be a great location for the game.  The obvious choice is Paris...which I am OK with.  Just get a realistic map and bang out some great level designs based on authentic locations and you have a winner.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
I want my COMMIE ZOMBIES,

St. Petersburgh or bust.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
St. Petersburgh or bust.
Didn't know that Tom Sawyer was a commie.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Only commies keep secrets.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline paleselan

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
I'd be willing to bet a VERY pretty penny that the game will be multi-platform.
Check out my NintendoNetwork64 Youtube channel and website:
https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoNetwork64
https://www.NN64.org