Author Topic: Street Pass!  (Read 118939 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Street Pass!
« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2012, 09:37:59 PM »
They are not really Nintendo employees, they are just hired to take merchandise to stores, set up demos, etc. It's like reps from beer companies that bring supplies to stores.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Da Jarvis

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2012, 12:47:58 PM »
...why do you only have one pink piece and are a Nintendo rep?

Because even Nintendo needs to fallow its own rulus. Even Iwata only has one pink piece of any new streetpass puzzle ^_^
3DS Friend Code: 4038-6986-6300

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2012, 01:23:29 AM »
I was at the Notre Dame game today, and in about 8 hours on campus and at the game around thousands of people I only managed to get 4 StreetPasses. I did get a pink piece from the NSMB2 puzzle, though.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline CM30

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo 3DS Community
« Reply #228 on: October 21, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »
Meh, you guys are lucky.  It's bad enough getting StreetPasses in the US, but getting them in the UK must be even harder.  You can go round central London most of the day and maybe get four StreetPass hits at best.

Oh, and whole countries aren't represented?  What kind of madness is this?
Nintendo 3DS Community, my forum

Long time Nintendo fan, Mario fan game player and writer.

Offline Art_de_Cat

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • Art_de_Cat's Deviant Art page
« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2012, 12:28:01 AM »
Canada has a map, I discovered today.  But I noticed that France and some other major countries arent listed as countries on the region choice list on the TrU's system.
They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool......
I guess that's true.....

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 26, 2012, 10:25:10 PM »
I HAVE ALL THE PUZZLES (for the US... for now...)

The Zelda concert in Chicago was AWESOME. :D

Got ~150+ Street Passes.  Completed all my puzzles.  Added a lot of states (including, supposedly, California, Texas, Idaho, Delaware and... Hawaii?).  Added a second (supposed) Mexico Street Pass.  Interesting though - this one was from a different "Region" in Mexico.  Even though there's no map there.  Weird.

More annoying... I was hoping to get a second tag on someone - because, likely, that would mean they were at the Zelda concert in Atlanta as well (unless they spend a lot of time in Carmi, Illinois... :D).  I didn't.

The guy who went with me has a 3DS (Ambassador unit) but never got into Street Passes.  His unit only had two other Street Passes before yesterday - from when he went to LEGO Land in Chicago some time ago.

Somehow he managed to get a second tag on one of those two people. :D :D :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2012, 11:15:52 PM »
I'm still working on completing my puzzles, but I've got all the pink pieces, so I'm not worried.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ozz236

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 04, 2012, 09:37:26 PM »
I recently got the my last piece for NSMB2. I actually got it by purchasing pieces. :P
I travel between downtown Boston and Harvard Sq daily and there's a decent amount of 3DS owners in the area. I usually get between 2-5 passes a day. Also it's not an issue when PAX East comes around.
3DS Friend Code: 3222-5910-4302

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 05, 2012, 10:31:02 AM »
Got 70+ tags last night at Video Game Live. Completed one of the two puzzles I had remaining (Kirby Anniversary) and am 7 pieces from finishing NSMB2.

Most hilarious moment: random girl asks me what I am playing as I check streetpasses during intermission. I tell her Streetpass, she asks what that is, I tell her its a thing bult into the 3DS, has little games and puzzles, etc.

She says, "Oh I didn't know about that. I have that same system at home. I wish I had brought it!"

Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #234 on: November 05, 2012, 05:55:55 PM »
It amazes me that people don't fully understand the things they own/use everyday. Boggles my mind.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2012, 12:19:46 PM »
It amazes me that people don't fully understand the things they own/use everyday. Boggles my mind.

To be fair, unless you actually hit the Mii Plaza, you would never know.   Especially if you just use it to play games.

To be even fairer, how many of us completely understand Streetpass, how it works, and what its rules are, like:

distance
speed
amount of data transmitted
what happens if data transfer is incomplete
the amount of time required for the data transfer to occur
does the data transfer require an exchange between 3DS's
how many times does that exchange have to occur
how long do you have to wait for a 2nd streetpass
what happens if there are a large number of 3DS's that encounter each other at one time
which 3DS's get priority for the streetpass
etc
etc

In the year and a half since launch, people have pieced together anecdotal information from a combination of personal experience and internet message board hearsay, but Nintendo, in its Willy Wonka mentality, has never really outlined this stuff.   You'd think this would make a good Iwata Asks.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 07, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
I HAVE ALL THE PUZZLES (for the US... for now...)

Congrats! I finished off the last of my puzzles earlier this week as well, thanks to a steady stream of guests coming through the Park one day.  I'm trying to finish off my first (and likely only) run through Find Mii as well, but that last enemy is pretty ridiculous in terms of sheer HP.

I've been hearing online that a new Spotpass puzzle went up for Kirby's Return to Dreamland tonight.  That's...random. I was expecting a Paper Mario: Sticker Star one by now.  I'd start on the new puzzle but...my 3DS is doing what it does best lately: sit in a corner at work and soak up Streetpasses while I play actual games on other devices here at home.  :P:
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Art_de_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 07, 2012, 09:57:34 PM »
Yep new puzzle involving Kirby Return to Dreamland. 40 piece puzzle.
I guess that's true.....

Offline EvilMario

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 10, 2012, 09:49:48 PM »
I've been really lucky with StreetPass living in Toronto. I grab 2-5 on my daily commute, and have near a thousand total now. Completed the puzzles long ago and have all the hats in Find Mii. It's always sad to hear people on forums and podcast who have passed five people since launch and can't really experience the feature. There are only a few games that use it well, but just passing by someone and exchanging Mii and information is a great experience.

Offline Blankfall

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 06, 2012, 11:39:38 PM »
StreetPass was one of those features that got me excited when i purchased my 3ds in March of 2011. It was exciting getting my first streetpass and I even had 2 friends who bought one around the same time. However I have very bad lucky meeting new miis. Currently I have 17 miis in my plaza with 23 tags. Only five regions though all in the U.S. Military man so traveling was never a issue, but I cant seem to pick anyone up in the airports. Vegas was were i got the most tags at and that was around launch. Even got one in Iraq, but of course he was a soldier. I wish Nintendo fused streetpass with MiiVerse. Endless possibilities.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2012, 06:43:26 PM »
Well, I finished the Kirby's Return to Dreamland puzzle the other day. I wonder how long before Nintendo releases the inevitable Paper Mario Sticker Star puzzle?
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Art_de_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2012, 12:22:40 AM »
I have finally started my final* puzzle to have all currently released puzzles for NA.  Really need to find more people with pink pieces to get those puzzles completed though.....
I guess that's true.....

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 24, 2012, 12:08:46 AM »
Go through two major busy airports today and zero street passes. Very anti-climatic...
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 29, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
I finally got a StreetPass on someone's birthday.

Speaking of, is there much point to the non-attack magic in Find Mii? I know there's one, I think it was orange, that gives heroes an extra attack, but the other stuff doesn't seem to do anything.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 29, 2012, 06:10:19 PM »
The other ones are useful to clear status effects in rooms, like lighting up a dark room or getting rid of poisonous gas.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #245 on: December 29, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »
Green is good, it makes the enemies fall asleep (so they can't attack).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #246 on: December 29, 2012, 08:50:50 PM »
I like purple, it poisons enemies. It's great for an early attack because the effects last the whole battle.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 31, 2012, 12:21:57 AM »
Today went through Austin, Atlanta, and Orlando airports and not a single Streetpass... This is depressing, not one streetpass since I got my XL.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 31, 2012, 12:32:28 PM »
got my 500th unique streetpass last week. yay. the music changed again. i liked the old music better.

how do you get all the hats? i have cleared every room in all games abd have replyed the various paths a few times. i havent gotten a new hat in ages and i still have many gaps in my hat selection list. what do i need to do?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 04, 2013, 07:43:11 PM »
Today went through Austin, Atlanta, and Orlando airports and not a single Streetpass... This is depressing, not one streetpass since I got my XL.

Really, in Orlando?  I'd imagine tourists and their snotty teenagers would have been good for a few, at least.   Just went to Disneyland two weeks ago for the Christmas parade, got 15 streetpasses in 5 hours.   But then again, I went to Sea World the next weekend, and didn't get squat.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!