Author Topic: OFFICIAL Metal Gear Discussion  (Read 175662 times)

Offline boggy b

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: OFFICIAL Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes Discussion
« Reply #1050 on: May 24, 2004, 06:33:08 AM »
I recently got a chance to play TS (at LAST) and my impressions are mixed. Mostly good, some bad.

Firstly, briefly, graphics-wise, I'm disappointed. They look no better than MGS2. In fact, I prefer MGS2's explosions, and there's nothing in this that's as cool as running around outside on the Tanker or Arsenal Gear. That said, the graphics aren'y BAD, either. I really feel SK should have put more effort into the game, though.

Secondly, the new gameplay enhancements are something of a mixed bag. Although it's great that they were able to get everything in, some of it just doesn't work. Because so little of the level design has changed, areas that were difficult before now become dullfully simple.

Thirdly, I don't like the new Snake. Not the model, the fact that he's doing all kinds of crazy kung-fu shenanigans. Snake is supposed to be no-nonsense snap-your-neck-before-you-move. In the cutscenes, he was doin galmost as much flipping as Ninja (and that's a LOT of flipping). It looked cool, but it seemed out-of-place.

But, despite all these personal dislikes, there's no doubting TS is a quality game. It's still the MGS I know and love, but with a fresh lick of paint (and without the glitchy textures that playing the original on my PS2 brought ).
"And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell:
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in hell."