Author Topic: OFFICIAL Metal Gear Discussion  (Read 175665 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL Metal Gear Discussion
« on: April 30, 2003, 10:27:19 PM »
Metal Gear Solid remake on GameCube.  Developed by Silicon Knights.
Be sure to check out our full preview.          
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL Metal Gear Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 10:37:28 PM »
Well colour me impressed! Silicon Knights + Metal Gear Solid =

I cant wait to see this baby in action! Bring on E3!

Offline Mingesium

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes Discussion
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 10:44:53 PM »
I can't believe that I didn't see this coming

If you look at games that I personally find very appealing, like Metal Gear Solid, they have huge amounts of flash and they've got the content as well. So I think that's the direction we're going to go in next time.

Denis Dyack Interview

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 10:49:11 PM »
That sure surprised me - being developed by Silicon Knights.  It's like it came out of nowhere.

But it disappoints me.  I like the fact the Nintendo is pushing hard to have MGS on GameCube, but the fact it's not being entirely developed by Konami, just overseeing it, shows they don't really want to put their resource towards the console.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 10:55:07 PM »
Mingesium, that's freaking hilarious.  Classic Denis.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2003, 11:18:56 PM »
Once again, PGC comes through with the biggest news before the corporate sites. I haven't played a Metal Gear game yet, but have heard good things about them. This combined with the expertise of the folks at Silicon Knights,  should make for an astounding game.  
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2003, 12:15:46 AM »
Actually it is up on videogames.com

Great news, Silicon Knight's Eternal Darkness was superb and hopefully they'll bring the same quality over to this. I hope Kojima has a fair amount of input however, just to make sure the Metal Gear atmosphere is there in full force. Well Final Fantasy and Metal Gear in 2003!  It's like 1999 on the PSX all over again!

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2003, 12:39:10 AM »
I so didnt see this coming, its wierd, but im not sad about it as long as Silicon Knights still work on Too Human my most anticipated game ever.

I think Silicon Knights will make this one rock, I just hope they do more than just upgrade the graphics. But whats the deal with MGS4 on GCN? Is that still being developed, by Konami, perhaps using SK engine?
LZ 2005

Offline JoeSmashBro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2003, 01:05:40 AM »
BOOOOOOOOO!!!

Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite games EVER. It is soooo awesome. But I still own it for PSX! It is one of the FEW PSX games that can still stand on its own two legs, graphically. It puts 90% of N64 games to shame. I'm not spending anymore than $30 on a freaking remake that I can beat in 5 hours. So they'll have to increase the length by a LOT, because MGS is about the same length as Luigi's Mansion. Why couldn't we get SoL or a new adventure??? Perhaps if this one sells well, we will get more, eh?
-Joe
"If the guests give you their coats, hang them in the closet!"
AIM: WhatJoeSays

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2003, 01:15:37 AM »
WELL F*CK ME DEAD AND CALL ME NANCY!

I don't think anyone saw this one coming. I think this all but ruins Gamecube Advanced's site of having this exclusive. But this is great news for all pro-Nintendo people who've never played MGS. I'm definitely gonna pick this up.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2003, 01:39:56 AM »
hi nancy
ive never really been a fan of spy sort of games, but i may give it a hire one day to see what all the fuss is about

Offline Fammy2000

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2003, 02:29:39 AM »
I'm guessing it's an exclusive remake since a Nintendo owned company is doing the port.

Port. That's an ugly word.
My sig beat up your honor roll sig.

Offline Piposan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2003, 02:49:07 AM »
Well it's not a port, it's a remake.

As for gameplay we should expect a lot coming from Myamoto and Kojima.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2003, 03:20:03 AM »
Yes. If it was a port, well, some people would buy it, but then everyone will know how lazy Konami really are when it comes to Nintendo.
So I think the remake is gonna be aewsome!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline TrekGeekMid

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2003, 03:26:22 AM »
I am just glad that all of those talented guys over at Silicon Knights might finally get the recognition I think they deserve from the mainstream. Eternal Darkness was AWSOME, but its sails didn't reflect that. Working on a title like Metal Gear Solid, one that everyone recognizes and regards as "cool" can't help but give Denis & Co. a boost.

Heh, who knows? Maybe the release of this game will result in sales of ED seeing a little surge!
Live Wrong and Perspire

Andy's Random Stuff

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2003, 04:33:51 AM »
Definitely interesting, but i had heard that Miyamoto was working with Konami on a Metal Gear game. Is this that game or is there another Metal Gear in development?

If they show it in video form, i'm sure it'd get the "Best of Show" award.

It never ceases to amaze me the teasers that pop up before E3.  
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Tael

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2003, 04:49:08 AM »

Originally posted by: aoi tsuki
Definitely interesting, but i had heard that Miyamoto was working with Konami on a Metal Gear game. Is this that game or is there another Metal Gear in development?
Actually, it was always just a case of Miyamoto working on a Metal Gear Solid title. It was never explicitly stated who he was working with, people just assumed Konami.

The interesting thing I find about this is that Kojima said ages ago he wanted to work on a game with Miyamoto, and look at what we've got.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2003, 04:58:18 AM »
But why Twin Snakes?  Co-op?  Or is this not the title?
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2003, 05:04:40 AM »
Twin Snakes sounds like it might be cool, but unless it's 100x better than SOL, I'll just rent it.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline Tael

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2003, 05:10:19 AM »

Originally posted by: The Omen
But why Twin Snakes?  Co-op?  Or is this not the title?
"Twin Snakes" is relevant to the plot.

Offline reivned

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2003, 05:21:16 AM »
From the very first moment I heard about MG on the Cube, I thought of a port or remake. After that, the recent news and the title "Twin Snakes" actually made me believe the impossible : could it be a new game ????

A now the sad truth : another remake, and not even made by Konami.

I'm sure SK will do a great job, but it ends the hope of Konami putting more effort on the Cube. Basically they just sold the right to remake the game, and hopefully Kojima will get to make his input on it as part of the deal.

It'll be cool to see MGS in full graphical glory, but I would have prefered a multi-platform MGS new game on the Cube than a remake exclusive. Many people won't agree with me on this one, but still it's my opinion. I've played MGS on PSX, so I will probably only rent it on the Cube, as a lot of people will probably do.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2003, 05:39:43 AM »
I'm sure Nintendo had a lot to do with it being done by SK.  I mean, think about it -- they could let Konami do a port that wouldn't stand up well against new titles, or they could do it themselves with a company that really knows the GC hardware.  And, perhaps more importantly, Konami won't fish the title to PS2 and Xbox.  It really will be a GC exclusive, even if it is "just a remake."

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2003, 06:06:42 AM »
Im very sure the game will be changed so much that its highly attractive even to people who beat MGS 10 times. It worked with REmake.

And whats the deal with the MGS4 exclusivity, I thought that was basically confirmed? Could it be that 2 or more MGS are coming to GCN?
LZ 2005

Offline Piposan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2003, 06:21:55 AM »
Twin Snakes = Solid Snake + Liquid Snake.

Offline Voth

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2003, 06:42:49 AM »
According to gaming-age.com (yes, I know they usually suck), the "twin snakes" refers to both Metal Gear Solid Remake AND Metal Gear Solid 2...  here's the link...

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2003&m=5&nid=1-1.db

Now, things are interesting...