Author Topic: Red Steel 2 Megathread!  (Read 130209 times)

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Re: Red Steel 2 Megathread!
« Reply #675 on: May 24, 2010, 12:57:10 PM »
"Minus the one-liners and ass shots"  But I like those parts :).

I actually liked Bayonetta, ranks up there with other action games like NG or DMC series. 

"perfect ratio of story and gameplay for you"  Well just started GoW3 and so far I'm in love.  Also Alan Wake (only a few hours in) sits well with me.  Some games just have to much "bleh" for story for my taste, I'm looking at you MGS4 or even Xenosaga III (after the first game the writters left and the story basically died with that).

Hopefully, I'll get RDR sometime this month--I have alot of titles on my plate I need to finish but man is that game tempting.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 25, 2010, 04:25:10 PM »
God of War, really? really?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 25, 2010, 04:46:43 PM »
To throw in much better modern games that really blend story (and/or atmosphere) well with gameplay, I'd submit Bioshock; Batman: Arkham Asylum; Uncharted 2: Among Thieves; Valkyria Chronicles; Dead Space; and Bioshock 2.  Some of those did it better than others, but looking back over the experiences as a whole they all worked really well.

Sorry, I tried to think of suitable Wii games to mention in that list, but I can't think of any that have blended the two elements particularly well.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 04:48:30 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 25, 2010, 04:47:18 PM »
Half LIFE 2
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?