Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 548495 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #2250 on: September 22, 2012, 06:31:35 PM »
When it becomes cheap enough.

Cause we all know how much Nintendo loves to save money...  ::)
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Hey Einstein!

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: September 25, 2012, 08:25:51 AM »
Surely the next Nintendo hand held has to had an HD screen. Right now the 3DS is the only portable device in my (current gen) collection that doesn't have one. Apple also makes a profit on all their hard ware and they are managing to sell ipod touches with beautiful screens just fine.

Admittedly making statements like "Surely the next Nintendo console must have (insert modern tech feature) because it's already an industry standard" is an exercise in futility.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: October 03, 2012, 02:13:57 AM »
How much difference does it make for small HD screens? Is it so much better?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: October 03, 2012, 02:21:30 AM »
Yes, oh god yes.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: October 03, 2012, 08:01:22 AM »
For me, it depends on the game. Resident Evil: Revelaitons is the best looking game I own on 3DS. I don't really notice the resolution and some of the shortcuts Capcom made unless I stop moving entirely and look around. How often do you do that in a game? It's also really dark. In games with a brighter palette like Super Mario 3D Land, I notice more. I don't think 3DS games look bad though I wouldn't have said no to an iPhone-like screen.

Nintendo were planning a larger screen 3DS model so I think they should have minded resolution and pixel density more. When you blow the screen size up 90%, those things are far more noticeable. I really like the 3DS XL and will eventually get one. However, you can definitely see the difference.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: October 03, 2012, 12:34:40 PM »
For me, it depends on the game. Resident Evil: Revelaitons is the best looking game I own on 3DS. I don't really notice the resolution and some of the shortcuts Capcom made unless I stop moving entirely and look around. How often do you do that in a game? It's also really dark. In games with a brighter palette like Super Mario 3D Land, I notice more. I don't think 3DS games look bad though I wouldn't have said no to an iPhone-like screen.

Nintendo were planning a larger screen 3DS model so I think they should have minded resolution and pixel density more. When you blow the screen size up 90%, those things are far more noticeable. I really like the 3DS XL and will eventually get one. However, you can definitely see the difference.

Wholeheartedly agree.  Revelations looks awesome (and apparently, is a FAR superior game to the new RE 6, *chuckle*), and looks as HD as they come.  The 3D antialiasing has a big hand in that, I bet.  There are loads more examples I can think of, like Ace Combat, Rhythm Thief's cutscenes, DOA Dimensions in 2D/60FPS mode, just off the top of my head.   

What would look nice in HD is Netflix, which does not look great on the 3DS.  It's serviceable, especially if I want to watch SOA while I'm doing the dishes, or something like that.   But it would be nice if Netflix looked as good as on my ipod touch.  But then again, it would be nice if my Ipod touch wouldn't take 2 full minutes to buffer and drop out after watching anything for more than 10 minutes.   Hence why I don't watch Netflix on that piece of junk.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: October 05, 2012, 12:01:16 PM »
But it would be nice if Netflix looked as good as on my ipod touch.  But then again, it would be nice if my Ipod touch wouldn't take 2 full minutes to buffer and drop out after watching anything for more than 10 minutes.   Hence why I don't watch Netflix on that piece of junk.

It's not as bad as watching videos on the Wii's Nintendo Channel. What a horrible laggy experience that is.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: October 05, 2012, 05:01:29 PM »
But it would be nice if Netflix looked as good as on my ipod touch.  But then again, it would be nice if my Ipod touch wouldn't take 2 full minutes to buffer and drop out after watching anything for more than 10 minutes.   Hence why I don't watch Netflix on that piece of junk.

It's not as bad as watching videos on the Wii's Nintendo Channel. What a horrible laggy experience that is.
Not for me. Has always worked perfectly.
It must suck being you.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: October 05, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »
Street date broken! Got my copy of Pokemon Black 2!

RomanceDawn

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #2259 on: October 05, 2012, 07:58:52 PM »
WHERE? I must go to this very same, EXACT location.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: October 06, 2012, 03:40:12 AM »
WHERE? I must go to this very same, EXACT location.

Sorry I was playing it all afternoon and night. My bro picked it up for me. Early tomorrow I will ask where he got it and let you know. I suppose you are in LA California then?

RomanceDawn

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #2261 on: October 06, 2012, 01:22:54 PM »
Nope. But I could fly there! :P
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: October 20, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »
Finally gotten my first Streetpasser (50K steps and two mall visits later), for awhile there I thought my 3ds was broken since I wasn't getting any hits, turns out my area is just plain dead when it comes to mobile gaming--well I wouldn't say dead but most people/even kids seem to be on mobile phones or tablets.  :(  Doesn't look like I'm going get any "hats" anytime soon.

I'm planning on taking it with me during Black Friday and usually there's a couple of nintendo gamers in line with me.  Come to think about it I might do that for the WII U launch as well.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: December 16, 2012, 11:14:28 PM »
Is Nintendo planning to I implement Nintendo ID's and Miiverse into the 3DS?
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2264 on: December 16, 2012, 11:16:44 PM »
Is Nintendo planning to I implement Nintendo ID's and Miiverse into the 3DS?

They already said they will be expanding Miiverse to 3DS (and PCs) next year.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: December 19, 2012, 12:22:05 AM »
I made the mistake of playing a 3DS XL at GameStop tonight. That screen is a MONSTER. And the D-Pad and buttons are better. Now I want one.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: December 19, 2012, 12:48:38 AM »
I made the mistake of playing a 3DS XL at GameStop tonight. That screen is a MONSTER. And the D-Pad and buttons are better. Now I want one.

You will not regret it. I just got an XL to replace my 3DS.

But I got a stupid Gamestop employee who traded in my normal 3DS as a XL and I got $70 credit, then since I was trading if for a 3DS it got doubled. $140. Then I got the Mario Kart 7 Bundle so I traded my copy of MK7 for $25. Then about another $10 for some accessories for my old 3DS.

Best $25 purchase EVER!

~David~

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: December 19, 2012, 12:45:33 PM »
And you took advantage of an associate's mistake, and is now going to be written up for that? You're an asshole.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: December 19, 2012, 05:40:50 PM »
And you took advantage of an associate's mistake, and is now going to be written up for that? You're an asshole.

It was the stores manager who processed my transaction, I don't feel bad about for once getting a fair value from GameStop. The process of trading things in is so many steps and I only realized it was the XL value when I signing my name and they took my thumbprint for the trade in for Florida records, after the whole transaction was complete in the register.

Suprised their register accepted it with a normal 3DS serial number.
~David~

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: December 19, 2012, 11:21:07 PM »
Their registers would've taken a 360 if you'd have given them one. Sorry about that, I used to work there and I thought you were taking advantage of some poor sap.

Wait, a thumbprint? I never had to do that when I lived there. Is that new?

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: December 19, 2012, 11:53:44 PM »
Their registers would've taken a 360 if you'd have given them one. Sorry about that, I used to work there and I thought you were taking advantage of some poor sap.

Wait, a thumbprint? I never had to do that when I lived there. Is that new?

Yep, drivers license, thumbprint, and signature.
~David~

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: December 20, 2012, 01:27:16 AM »
How long have you had to do that?

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: December 20, 2012, 02:03:12 PM »
How long have you had to do that?

I have only lived in Florida since August. So at least since then. Daytona Beach area.
~David~

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: December 20, 2012, 08:18:32 PM »
The holidays are the perfect time to make the switch. Lots of stores have various sales on the 3DS XL, and the original 3DS can be sold for a good price since the system is currently in high demand due to Christmas. You could switch to the XL at very little cost, like I did.

Offline Ozz236

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: December 20, 2012, 08:47:20 PM »
I can't wait until the Miiverse comes to the 3DS. I see people having fun with it on the Wii U and I'm a bit jealous. Nintendo IDs will also be awesome on the 3DS.

I don't have a Wii U, but with the Miiverse can you request someone be your friend (with them getting a notification) or does the friend system work like the current friend code system?
3DS Friend Code: 3222-5910-4302