Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII sucks...  (Read 36202 times)

Offline mattjames2010

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XII sucks...
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2010, 12:47:01 AM »
Sorry for bumping up this thread, but I wanted to put some input in on this game since Final Fantasy XIII is about to be released.

I don't think many people would have had many problems with the battle system if it didn't happen so abruptly. I mean the last official Final Fantasy that was made in my mind was Final Fantasy X. Final Fantasy X had the old school battle system to it, with a few minor changes (controlling of summons, and switching characters during battle). Then Final Fantasy XII comes out of nowhere and hits you with their newly designed battle format, which yes is seriously flawed when you break it down. Now, I have no problem with seeing the enemies, cause one of my favorite games of all time (Chrono Cross) did it very well, but allowing your players to move around while fighting and not sending you to a new battle screen is what I have a problem with. To me it took away the very essence of what made Final Fantasy what it was. Did they do it because Real Time MMORPG is so popular now? Probably, but to me Final Fantasy has become like every other game out there now.

Now onto the story line, all I have to say about it is.......why did they choose Star Wars to influence the game? The judges looked like a bunch of Darth Vadars, and they even got an annoying lead character like Luke Skywalker. 

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2010, 12:59:41 AM »
I think the problem that the game completely sucks is a bigger issue than the obvious Star Wars inspiration.  Man, though, that story looked awesome at the beginning of the game with that kickass intro.  Too bad it takes a spectacular swan dive over the course of the game into utter irrelevance with one of the most bland set of characters in any Final Fantasy (minus Balthier, who is awesome, and Fran, who is used far too little in the game to even have a personality).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2010, 12:10:30 AM »
I know this isn't the proper venue but I just saw a commercial for FFXIII and it was hilariously terrible. I think it had Mariah Carey singing as a bunch of indistinguishable clips played that somehow ended up making a photo of an anime chicks face.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2010, 01:44:12 AM »
I know this isn't the proper venue but I just saw a commercial for FFXIII and it was hilariously terrible. I think it had Mariah Carey singing as a bunch of indistinguishable clips played that somehow ended up making a photo of an anime chicks face.

Leona Lewis, actually (the song's called "My Hands").  Yeah, that commercial's pretty terrible.  It's the kind of thing that might fly in Japan, but I just can't see who it would appeal to over here.  The International Trailer's pretty great, though, with good use of "My Hands" and some great in-game/FMV footage.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.