Author Topic: Epic Mickey - Wii Exclusive  (Read 161055 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Mickey - Wii Exclusive
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2009, 01:22:36 PM »
I hope he's more than just a "shadow Mickey"...
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2009, 01:42:06 PM »
Well now it's been confirmed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/first-epic-mickey-details-spilled

Epic Mickey is a tale about the 'forgotten' Disney stars: the rides, the characters, the lesser-known cartoons. When nobody any longer cares, they are cast into a dark void; a forgotten world of broken machines and bitter personalities - a bit like Sid's bedroom in Toy Story, but without the friendly furnishings.

This forgotten world is run by Oswald the Rabbit. He was Disney's first creation, made long before Mickey Mouse, and his jealousy of the newcomer has fermented for years. Now, finally, Oswald is ready for revenge.

He unleashes The Phantom Blot to wipe out Mickey and his cartoon world. The Blot pollutes the Disney universe with sticky black ink that makes colours run and fade (as seen on the Game Informer cover), so it's up to Mickey to restore peace and order. And this is where his tools come in.

Mickey has to draw and scribble his way through levels, mending broken bridges by applying the right colour paint or peering through walls after applying thinner. He can even clear rubble from his path by erasing parts of the world.

Now if they would combine that story with my suggested intro  based on real events

Game starts of with Walt Disney drawing Oswald and things are ok for a while then Walt leaves and Oswald goes forgotten for decades locked in a vault over at "The Congolomerate"(NBC/Universal). After decades of stewing in hate from the success that Mickey has seen and vowing to exact his revenge to take back what should rightfully be his. Not  by chance Disney finally came looking for Oswald (thanks to a clever scheme that he had been planning for years) which resulted in the first ever Human for Toon swap. Now that Oswald was free from "The Conglomerate" it was time for him to exact his revenge on Mickey Mouse and the Disney empire in which he felt he was the sole heir to the throne and the back on which the empire should have been built.

All of this goes down while Mickey was on a business trip/vacation and he returns to Disney to find it in the state that it's currently in and begins his quest to reclaim the Disney that we all know and love.

Then I will buy this game 20x over (not really, but I would get friends to buy it too)

Is that a Sunshine reference? Like Miyamoto's worse nightmare finally came true and someone finally kinda copied that game(only I'm sure we will all like this one much much better).

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2009, 01:49:29 PM »
Interest for this game is building for me, as long as Disney Interactive doesn't tout this game as the "Hardcore game to end all hardcore" games.

Pretty much a nail in the coffin right there. If the development studio just focuses on making the game good and not what the audience will like, we will have a clear winner.

Anyone besides me notice that this game is Kingdom Hearts without the Tetsuya Nomura zipper clad protagonists? I'm already exicted.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2009, 02:41:19 PM »
Epic Fail - for Next Generation systems.  Also coming to Wii at a later date.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2009, 02:46:25 PM »

Is that a Sunshine reference? Like Miyamoto's worse nightmare finally came true and someone finally kinda copied that game(only I'm sure we will all like this one much much better).

Exactly. If This rabbit shows up periodically thru levels to cause mischeif but in the end is just mickey mouse with some sorta super power or magic wand.. well, that'll just be super lame. The fact that Mickey is just Oswald turned into a mouse because the rabbit design was owned by Universal, well it doesn't give me much hope that he'll be anything special.

I just have this feeling that by the end of the game, you'll all feel dissapointed that this "epic" game with an "epic" boss turned out mighty bland. Like how the mysterious Shadow Mario turned out to be a dud... *sigh*

Epic Fail - for Next Generation systems.  Also coming to Wii at a later date.

*taps nose*
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2009, 02:50:21 PM »
I don't think there should be a such thing as a multiplatform game.  Make it a law or something... You have to commit to a platform and develop directly for that :)

I don't really care what system its on in the end.  If developers have to pick, they will pick the system they think best fits their game....

...ok, so they'll probalby just pick the system that will result in the most sales, but I'm an idealist today.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2009, 03:25:30 PM »
For what it's worth, Chris Kohler points out that Game Informer's site no longer claims this is a Wii-exclusive game.

It's been speculated that GI might have taken that bit of info down(that they had posted in several places) just so that they can later reveal it again in more detail.

But it could be that the game is also being considered for naggle and swand should either of those see any success in the future.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2009, 03:54:45 PM »
I love that idea of Oswald being the lord of a realm of forgotten rides and cartoons.  I'm especially looking forward to seeing what "forgotten rides" end up in the game.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2009, 04:34:18 PM »
I love that idea of Oswald being the lord of a realm of forgotten rides and cartoons.  I'm especially looking forward to seeing what "forgotten rides" end up in the game.
Man... Figment needs to be in it...

He can be the guy that joined Oswald's crew and then was invited back into the main fold later... but it never felt quite the same for him so he swings between allegiances throughout the game!
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2009, 05:00:23 PM »
Figment?

Does anybody have a list of old Disney characters pre-Mickey?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2009, 05:03:27 PM »
Man... Figment needs to be in it...

He can be the guy that joined Oswald's crew and then was invited back into the main fold later... but it never felt quite the same for him so he swings between allegiances throughout the game!

The Carousel of Progress should also been one of those (incredibly under-appreciated) "forgotten" Disney rides they use in the game for similar reasons.

The talking purple dragon Figment, Maxi, comes from the Journey Into Imagination ride at EPCOT in Disney World.  His ride was replaced by an incredibly bad ride called "Journey Into Your Imagination" after several years.  People complained about him being gone so he was put back into the existing ride, which still sucks.  He's basically just "there" and serves no other purpose.

As for other pre-Mickey Disney characters, they mostly just consist of throw-away generic characters from the Alice shorts and Disney's really early cartoon work.  Nothing anyone would really recognize outside of Oswald.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 05:05:56 PM by broodwars »

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2009, 05:08:34 PM »
A lot of old tomorrow land stuff would work.  The people mover, mission to mars or whatever its called... man I feel like I should be able to think of more old disney rides right now but I can't.

Mr Toad's Wild Ride is one... 20,000 leagues under the sea could be cool... have the bad crew ride in a ship that looks just like the submarine.
---------------------

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2009, 05:10:23 PM »
I've never heard of any of these rides.  I've never been to Disney World or Disney Land.  My parents hated me.  :(
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2009, 05:11:18 PM »
How about the "communist people" that were excluded from the Small World attraction?  Do their little doll souls begin to attack you once they catch Mickey's capitalist pig-dog scent?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2009, 05:11:38 PM »
A lot of old tomorrow land stuff would work.  The people mover, mission to mars or whatever its called... man I feel like I should be able to think of more old disney rides right now but I can't.

Mr Toad's Wild Ride is one... 20,000 leagues under the sea could be cool... have the bad crew ride in a ship that looks just like the submarine.

Oh hell yes, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride needs to be there, preferably in a sequence where he runs over a (robotic) bear to show his displeasure at what replaced him.   ;)  I actually really like the Winnie the Pooh ride, but I was a big fan of Mr. Toad.  And yeah, the various incarnations of the submarine ride should be there as well.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2009, 05:12:18 PM »
I've never heard of any of these rides.  I've never been to Disney World or Disney Land.  My parents hated me.  :(

My parents took me (once ever, my sisters been like 18 times) and I still don't know half of this stuff.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »

Places of childhood misery and deceit.  And all the princess characters are never as HAWT as they are in cartoon form.  Valleys of uncannies.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2009, 05:13:55 PM »

My parents took me (once ever, my sisters been like 18 times) and I still don't know half of this stuff.

I live in Orlando, FL so it's kind of my business to know this stuff.  Being a Disney nut and a season ticket holder helps as well.  ^_-

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2009, 05:14:08 PM »
I love disneyland, been there 3 times. It utilizes the limited space well, and is pretty easy to get from one land to another. Still haven't been to Disneyworld though.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2009, 05:20:58 PM »
I love disneyland, been there 3 times. It utilizes the limited space well, and is pretty easy to get from one land to another. Still haven't been to Disneyworld though.

I've been to both as well as Disneyland Paris, and all 3 do different things well.  Disneyland has by far the best version of the Haunted Mansion and the incredibly awesome Indiana Jones ride; Disneyland Paris has by far the best version of Pirates of the Caribbean, Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain (not to mention the awesome Nemo ride); and Disney World has pretty much something from everyone and by far the most to do period. I loved all 3 parks.  I especially liked how intimate Disneyland is, whereas Disney World feels very corporate and detached in some ways.  Disney World's also aged badly lately, since it's gotten a lot of new rides but the older rides haven't been updated as they should outside of the Haunted Mansion.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2009, 06:39:52 PM »

I've been to both as well as Disneyland Paris, and all 3 do different things well.  Disneyland has by far the best version of the Haunted Mansion and the incredibly awesome Indiana Jones ride; Disneyland Paris has by far the best version of Pirates of the Caribbean, Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain (not to mention the awesome Nemo ride); and Disney World has pretty much something from everyone and by far the most to do period. I loved all 3 parks.  I especially liked how intimate Disneyland is, whereas Disney World feels very corporate and detached in some ways.  Disney World's also aged badly lately, since it's gotten a lot of new rides but the older rides haven't been updated as they should outside of the Haunted Mansion.

Disneyland has the nemo ride. Unfortunately when I've been to Disneyland the haunted mansion has been closed or retooled for Christmas. Then again that gives me something to look forward to! The Indy Ride is amazing. I know when I went I probably spent a couple hours just taking in the sights and sounds, it is like being in a different world.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2009, 07:50:31 PM »
Disney World was fun, but as previous posted, has not aged that well. I like Disneyland having everything close together, and they have been keeping it up.

Last I was there, they were renovating Disneyland Hotel.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2009, 08:22:07 PM »
Disney World was fun, but as previous posted, has not aged that well. I like Disneyland having everything close together, and they have been keeping it up.

Yeah they are constantly doing something to up keep it, they have done an amazing job of utilizing their space. California Adventure isn't a bad diversion from the park either.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2009, 08:29:05 PM »

Yeah they are constantly doing something to up keep it, they have done an amazing job of utilizing their space. California Adventure isn't a bad diversion from the park either.

I had the misfortune of visiting California Adventure in its first few years when it was really a pretty tacky theme park that was pretty much the exact opposite of what Walt Disney sought out to build when he built Disneyland (a tacky, generic amusement park complete with midway rides).  I thought the park was alright (and I loved the White Water Rafting ride at what I believe was called Grizzly Peaks and the Golden Dream show), but nothing special.  We did have an absolutely incredible view of the park from our room in the Grand Californian, though.  Yeah, we stayed there since at the time the Disneyland Hotel was still a total dive from all accounts.  The GC also had a great back-entrance to Californian Adventure, and more importantly Grizzly Peaks.

By the way, GP, you should give me a ring the next time you're thinking about coming down to Disney World.  :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 08:31:49 PM by broodwars »